Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

This is exactly why I don’t trust zone read option QBs. They are not NFL material.

But that is what we are stuck with right now. If they want to continue with him they will need to draft defense and run the ball more. Otherwise, Dak will need to play like an Alex Smith and KAP type game. He doesn't even have the arm strength to base it on CAM. Maybe if the Raiders get sick of Derek Carr we can bring him over in a massive trade. Otherwise Dak is a Kapernick.

I have to admit watching the game a bit on NFL PASS you can see he was SHELL SHOCKED. On the last play he didn't trust his OLINEman to block the switch and ran into a DL and fumbled. This game was lost in the trenches with terrible OLINE play. And once that broke down...Dak mentally broke down. If they don't fix the OLINE then we are 4-12.

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I just can't trust Dak with another downer season.

It's not because I don't think Dak isn't NFL material. I think he proved his rookie season he could succeed in the NFL. H/e I think this coaching staff may have ruined his ability and confidience the same way the Texans did with David Carr. He was never the same QB when he left Houston and that's because they ruined him. It's sad, but its nearly impossible to salvage a damaged psyche.

But one thing is for sure. If we are anywhere close to 8-8 again this coaching staff needs to go. Even Jerry's ego can only take so much

agreed

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

The first game doesn't really matter TBH in the grand scheme of things. What matters is when you tack on the next 15 with this one. If this offense goes limp for the rest of the season when it's expected to reform. I really do hope Stephen Jones tries to copy the Eagles and just starts over with a new HC and a new QB. Honestly I hope we see rookie season Dak with improved accuracy and decision making and it stays that way because franchise QB's don't come around often. But if not, I just can't trust Dak with another downer season.

It's not because I don't think Dak isn't NFL material. I think he proved his rookie season he could succeed in the NFL. H/e I think this coaching staff may have ruined his ability and confidience the same way the Texans did with David Carr. He was never the same QB when he left Houston and that's because they ruined him. It's sad, but its nearly impossible to salvage a damaged psyche.

If Dak goes on like this. We may 5 even maybe 6 games. Hopefully if that is our best case scenario we win less to have a shot at a higher draft pick. But one thing is for sure. If we are anywhere close to 8-8 again this coaching staff needs to go. Even Jerry's ego can only take so much humiliation, especially with the Eagles up and coming off a SB win.

This is a sadly distinct possibility.

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Young was more running back than QB and a major headcase. He was awful and really doesn't belong in same discussion. I could possibly hop on board with RG3 though. I do believe that knee injury real screwed him up in some ways. He was never really close to the same after that as I recall. Seem to recall him being a bit full of himself and a bit of a headcase too. 

Dak has been none of these to my knowledge. 

I'm just hoping that the ATL game is not to Dak what RG3s knee was to him.

14 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak's first 25 games

506 of 756 [66.9%]
5787 yds
42 TDs
9 INTs
Y/A - 7.66 (Ryan/Rivers territory)

Dak's past 9 games

154 of 260 [59.6%] 
1676 yds
6 TDs
9 INTs
Y/A - 6.45 (Beathard/Kizer territory)

Whatever happened in the Atlanta game last year (start of past 9), Dak hasn't shaken it. Offense hasn't shaken it. Coaches haven't overcome it. 

But, to say Dak isn't capable is being dishonest. You don't do what he did and then completely lose the ability to do anything. 

This says it all to me. 25 games, most in victories is a far greater number than 9. Now do I think Dak of 25 games is a better QB than the current 9 game Dak, yes that goes without saying. But I also believe it will be hard to get a true assessment of Dak and his future under these circumstances. That being an ever worsening coaching staff (IMO) with new and average to below average weapons around him. It certainly doesn't help having 2 new interior O-lineman either.

Take the CANCER (coaches) out of the body and the body functions better. Especially the head (Dak)

it still just blows my mind how happy everyone was that we released Dez. Because he was making Dak look so bad. Couldn't get separation, and dropped everything, plus he is SO dramatic.

I am seriously having to fight the petty urge to bump the Dez watch thread so you guys can go back and read how you thought releasing Dez was going to help Dak. Because it wasn't Daks fault cause he proved he was Tom Brady during 2016. <---dumb

NOW without all those distractions, Dak sucks even worse, but the problem is NO WEAPONS!!??

2+2=4

Not 6

Just now, Tony7188 said:

Now that the All-22 film has came out, it's obvious that Linehan was the scapegoat for the Week 1 loss. Dak had receivers open everywhere. He either didn't see it or when he did see it, he doesn't throw it. 

Linehan AND the WRs /TEs were being called out as the problem. Then the OL was the problem.

Anybody but Dak.

REMEMBER 2016! YOU PROMISED YOU'D NEVER FORGET. YOU PROMISED.

15 hours ago, atran35 said:

But that is what we are stuck with right now. If they want to continue with him they will need to draft defense and run the ball more. Otherwise, Dak will need to play like an Alex Smith and KAP type game. He doesn't even have the arm strength to base it on CAM. Maybe if the Raiders get sick of Derek Carr we can bring him over in a massive trade. Otherwise Dak is a Kapernick.

Dak is a Kaepernick without the arm strength, size, speed, or natural athletic ability. As bad as Kaep is as a QB, he’s a better player than Dak.

7 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Now that the All-22 film has came out, it's obvious that Linehan was the scapegoat for the Week 1 loss. Dak had receivers open everywhere. He either didn't see it or when he did see it, he doesn't throw it. 

The gameplan doesn’t matter when your qb throws 30-33% uncatchable balls 

Scott Linehan sucks to though. He fired Dez. He called more TE screens and designed plays to get the TEs the ball, than he did screens to Zeke or Tavon Austin. And he didn't give Zeke the ball at all on the final two drives with plenty of time, down by only 1 score. And we have seen him abandon the run before with the game on the line, like last year inside the 5 against Seattle. He is a lifelong WR/QB coach and continues to ignore that our roster is built for a RB. Especially when things get tough. He, understandably, goes to his bread and butter, which is passing the ball. 

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Dak is a Kaepernick without the arm strength, size, speed, or natural athletic ability. As bad as Kaep is as a QB, he’s a better player than Dak.

I sorry, but this is the type of shet that drives me crazy. In C Kraps 5 or 6 years in the league he has never had a single year as good as Dak's rookie year. Yet Krap is a better player Brick wall

Not to mention freakin leadership intangibles, IQ, Heart, Brains and Balls. Krap barely threw above 60% 

If you don't like Dak, fine, but get out of here with that shet. 

Archived