Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Jesus I'm trying to get away in the meantime of course all time Hall of Fame quarterbacks with do better than that that part is not speculation however I am willing to bet or speculate that each one of those four great quarterbacks would do much better in their current system than in the Dallas Cowboys system but that is just my speculation

Why do you keep blaming the system, even though the All 22 film shows that Dak is missing multiple wide open players on the field? What else do you expect Linehan to do? Give it to Zeke 40 times a game which plays right into the defense's hands?

Carolina had a extra man in the box in over 50% of their defensive snaps, daring Dak to beat them in man to man. He failed miserably. So teams will sell out to stop the run more in the future.

As for Dak's ranking as a QB, there are certainly 12 QBs better than him. All the accuracy vids of him badly losing to David Carr and scrubs like Cooper Rush was bad enough. Looking at the film he's not even a top 20 QB in this league. I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think Dez can fix Dak. I think he was a scapegoat for Dak. Big difference. Week 1 shows how not having Dez doesnt "help" Dak. 

Or it can show how not playing your team in preseason leads to disgusting results. Or did not having Dez also turn Tyron Smith and Sean Lee into scrubs?

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Or it can show how not playing your team in preseason leads to disgusting results. 

"And" it can show, not "or" it can show. 

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Or did not having Dez also turn Tyron Smith and Sean Lee into scrubs?

I don't think Dak played poorly last year because of Dez, and I don't think he is playing poorly now because of his absence. Dak is the constant. Dez is the variable. The poor play has remained.

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

"And" it can show, not "or" it can show. 

I don't think Dak played poorly last year because of Dez, and I don't think he is playing poorly now because of his absence. Dak is the constant. Dez is the variable. The poor play has remained.

My thought is the biggest take away is Dak handles pressure very poorly. Which is terrifying if he doesnt improve and we stick with him.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

My thought is the biggest take away is Dak handles pressure very poorly. Which is terrifying if he doesnt improve and we stick with him.

I bet Sean McVay could juice him for a little more than what we are getting from him. Like Cam didn't throw the ball well either but the coaches let him run and do stuff. They didn't force him in the pocket with their scheme.

Dak is very accurate rolling to the right. If I'm the coach I'm trying to do everything to get this guy on the move.

And there's no chance in hell Zeke gets only 15 touches. I wouldn't ask that of Dak. I would give Tavon Austin more than 10 snaps too. Less 2 TE sets ffs, they are the worst duo in the game. Spread the field. Get Dak in the gun. Put Austin in one slot and Beasely in the other, and have them running drags and crosses all over the place at various depths. 4 wide with Zeke in the back. Run screens to Zeke and Tavon not Swaim and Jarwin.

But Dak can't complicate this piss poor scheme with bad throws. He just can't. A good scheme with a bad player can get okay results. Same with a bad scheme and a good player. But a bad scheme with bad play is what gets you these kind of results. It isn't all on one department.

FUN FACT:

Here are Dez Bryants stats in all 4 of Daks career 300 yard games:

Game 1:

Week 10 against the Steelers 2016:

6 rec. 116 yards. 1 TD

Week 11 against the Ravens 2016:

6 rec. 80 yards. 2 TDs

Divisional Playoffs against Packers 2016:

9 rec. 132 yards. 2 TDs

Week 14 against the Giants 2017:

3 rec. 73 yards. 1 TD.

That's the most direct correlation Dez has had on Dak. Dak has never had a good day passing(many consider 300 the bar for a good day passing)without a big day from a number 1 WR.  He never hit 300 when Dez was hurt, mixing it up with other WRs, and now that's all he has.

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So basically Dak and his OC have no in game communication? That seems off to say the least. 

This was talked about during game chat on BTB. Linehan is actually in the booth now. First time he has done that with us. He is communicating with Moore who’s on the sidelines and relaying the plays to Dak. 

On 9/10/2018 at 10:43 PM, Tony7188 said:
On 9/10/2018 at 10:02 PM, resilient part 2 said:

That's more on coaching and scheme than Dak IMO.In the meantime I just saw one of the top paid QBs throw for 4 picks. 

#only/Dak/makes/bad/throws.

And he still threw for over 200 yards...

I'm going to say for Stafford there should be a wait and see honestly.

1. Matt Patricia is a joke of a head coach, even more so than Garrett.
2. The Jets allegedly had all of the Lions signals.
3. Stafford's supporting cast, while better than what's here in Dallas weapon wise, is still pretty underwhelming as a whole.
4. Stafford's had a good body of work over the past three seasons and just had the worst game of his career. It's sort of an outlier from where we are at this moment in time.

I also do want to say this. Dak Prescott reminds me more of Nelson Agholor in 2016 than any QB. He's just completely had every bit of his confidence broken and it's effecting him in every which way. He has all the abilities from mental to physical, we've seen them in the past, but his mind is clouded with doubt and he's let the pressure completely break him down.

I actually like Daks composure. I like his mental game. I just don't think he has the arm talent to make most NFL throws. I think a lot of the time he doesnt trust his own arm to make a throw, and he pulls it down even if its open. Then we say oh he can't read the field. I think he can. He just doesn't have a very good arm, and chooses to play it safe to the extent that he'd seemingly rather lose than take a chance and risk a mistake. I can't count how many times he checked it to Witten for 3 yards on a 3rd and 10+...

13 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Why do you keep blaming the system, even though the All 22 film shows that Dak is missing multiple wide open players on the field? What else do you expect Linehan to do? Give it to Zeke 40 times a game which plays right into the defense's hands?

Carolina had a extra man in the box in over 50% of their defensive snaps, daring Dak to beat them in man to man. He failed miserably. So teams will sell out to stop the run more in the future.

As for Dak's ranking as a QB, there are certainly 12 QBs better than him. All the accuracy vids of him badly losing to David Carr and scrubs like Cooper Rush was bad enough. Looking at the film he's not even a top 20 QB in this league. I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

Dak missed WRs, Yes, it was a poor game, YES. But bet every single QB last weekend "missed" targets. Some more, some less. It's football. Even more so when Dak was getting heavy pressure most game. Unless you are willing to review all 30 QBs and their game film, do you really know how many "missed targets" other QBs had.

Archived