Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

I do believe DAK can be successful starter with his flaws( accuracy and anticipation ). As Troy have stated, Dak lacks accuracy; however, he can improve on his anticipation. I do feel DAK needs a new OC badly. One that can tailor Dak strengths. SL is not capable enough. He seems to just stick with plays that were develop for Tony Romo. Additionally, we do need to start drafting for the OL. I'm not sure about T. Smith longevity. Connor Williams? Growing pains. I want depth and development there. Zeke would appreciate it too. 

Again with the OL talk... you aren't going to replace Tyron, who probably played okay against Seattle, with a late 2nd round pick. And that's the area of the draft that Connor was drafted, so it's not likely that a rookie late 2nd round OG prospect is going to beat Connor with a full season under his belt and playoff experience.  

I'd be more open to drafting a Center. But even there, we just signed Fredbeard to a massive deal and Joe Looney(the unsung hero of the season) has one more year left on his deal. So he will be here if Travis for whatever reason isn't ready. 

So idk where to draft an OL. Certainly not to replace Martin. You really think we get a better OT prospect than Collins?

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Again with the OL talk... you aren't going to replace Tyron, who probably played okay against Seattle, with a late 2nd round pick. And that's the area of the draft that Connor was drafted, so it's not likely that a rookie late 2nd round OG prospect is going to beat Connor with a full season under his belt and playoff experience.  

I'd be more open to drafting a Center. But even there, we just signed Fredbeard to a massive deal and Joe Looney(the unsung hero of the season) has one more year left on his deal. So he will be here if Travis for whatever reason isn't ready. 

So idk where to draft an OL. Certainly not to replace Martin. You really think we get a better OT prospect than Collins?

Drafting OL or DL is a MUST period. We had injuries to this OL. Whether it's tackle or guard. And YES. I can see someone beating a CONNOR who is under strength with a 2nd round draft pick. YES Tackle was an issue last year with Tyron injuries ala Chaz Green. That resurface this year but we had a credible back up in Fleming who is on a 1 year contract. Other teams will prob. poach him for his work this year. Then who do have to develop or back up when T. Smith is injured again? 

7 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Drafting OL or DL is a MUST period. We had injuries to this OL. Whether it's tackle or guard. And YES. I can see someone beating a CONNOR who is under strength with a 2nd round draft pick. YES Tackle was an issue last year with Tyron injuries ala Chaz Green. That resurface this year but we had a credible back up in Fleming who is on a 1 year contract. Other teams will prob. poach him for his work this year. Then who do have to develop or back up when T. Smith is injured again? 

Lol, you would draft a guard to replace Williams, then a year from now, you’d want to draft another one because that 2nd round rookie you just drafted this year wasn’t perfect. And then we can just keep drafting a new 2nd round guard every year into eternity.

Williams and Martin are the guys at G. What are we even talking about here? 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, you would draft a guard to replace Williams, then a year from now, you’d want to draft another one because that 2nd round rookie you just drafted this year wasn’t perfect. 

Williams and Martin are the guys at G. What are we even talking about here? 

LOL. Ok...keep sleeping then. 

Connor does well on the move. He did well against Seattle.

I agree that Tyron needs a swing if we lose Flemming though. And if OT is BPA in the second then okay. The late 2nd round is no place to draft for need, so I'm okay with OL if it's BPA.

But we do have real needs. Like TE. Jarwin has 1 good game in his career, and didn't practice today because of an ankle. 2nd round has been known to provide quality TEs.

I totally rethought my whole approach and this want to draft the best available offensive skilled reciever available 2nd be it TE (1st choice) or WR.   If no one really sticks out to me as a potential game changer then go with a replacement for Heath

and for the record I never was expecting to find a REPLACEMENT for A healthy Smith rd 2.  Instead I wanted a better option then we have NOW to play when Smith  misses his 3-4  games and plays HURT in another 1-2 games  and can also help should our RT be hurt

31 minutes ago, quiller said:

I totally rethought my whole approach and this want to draft the best available offensive skilled reciever available 2nd be it TE (1st choice) or WR.   If no one really sticks out to me as a potential game changer then go with a replacement for Heath

and for the record I never was expecting to find a REPLACEMENT for A healthy Smith rd 2.  Instead I wanted a better option then we have NOW to play when Smith  misses his 3-4  games and plays HURT in another 1-2 games  and can also help should our RT be hurt

I'm getting the idea Schultz may develop into a solid TE.

Not a Witten or Noveck, but a blue collar, get the job done TE.

At least I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Connor does well on the move. He did well against Seattle.

I agree that Tyron needs a swing if we lose Flemming though. And if OT is BPA in the second then okay. The late 2nd round is no place to draft for need, so I'm okay with OL if it's BPA.

But we do have real needs. Like TE. Jarwin has 1 good game in his career, and didn't practice today because of an ankle. 2nd round has been known to provide quality TEs.

yea, but we haven't had much luck picking those 2nd round TE's in the past,.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I'm getting the idea Schultz may develop into a solid TE.

Not a Witten or Noveck, but a blue collar, get the job done TE.

At least I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Not a fan of Shultz. He seems OK at everything I guess, but I don't see special, move the chains type of TE. Maybe Witten spoiled me.

Archived