Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

34 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

please. Every level QB needs weapons. A Rod has taken a dip since losing Gordy Nelson. Look at Brady's games with Gronk vs without. Aikman Had Novacek at least at TE, while Romo had Witten. Dak had no one on a high level until Coop came aboard. Dak may end up top 10 if they give him his "Witten"

Quincy will never be in Rodgers’, Brady’s, Romo’s, or Aikman’s leagues as a QB. Yes, every QB needs weapons, but let’s not act like Quincy would perform at the levels of the guys you mentioned. He’s not that gifted as a QB. Be honest here.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

please. Every level QB needs weapons. A Rod has taken a dip since losing Gordy Nelson. Look at Brady's games with Gronk vs without. Aikman Had Novacek at least at TE, while Romo had Witten. Dak had no one on a high level until Coop came aboard. Dak may end up top 10 if they give him his "Witten"

Dak had the actual Witten his first two years of his career, the best OL ever built, and arguably the best RB in the game. He also had an underrated or overrated Dez Bryant depending on who you ask. He went 8 games of his career this year without a real receiving weapon. Then we got Cooper.

Dak has to be one of, if not the most privileged young QBs to ever come in the league in regards to the offensive power surrounding him from the very beginning. 

He never had to deal with a David Carr atmosphere and certainly has had greater weapons than Darnold or Rosen or Baker or Lamar or etc...

28 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Quincy will never be in Rodgers’, Brady’s, Romo’s, or Aikman’s leagues as a QB. Yes, every QB needs weapons, but let’s not act like Quincy would perform at the levels of the guys you mentioned. He’s not that gifted as a QB. Be honest here.

At the same point in his career, Aaron Rodgers had a whopping record of 0-0. At the end of his 4th year, he was 6-10. Romo was slightly more accomplished than Rodgers at this same point, with a highly impressive 6-4 record. Troy Aikman was 14-24.

Do I think Dak will be in the Hall of Fame one day? No, probably not. But he has immediately won games at a borderline historic level for a player in his first 3 seasons. Sure, he's *not as good as peak Aaron Rodgers*. But give me a break if that's your barometer for measuring a QB in his 3rd NFL season.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

At the same point in his career, Aaron Rodgers had a whopping record of 0-0. At the end of his 4th year, he was 6-10. Romo was slightly more accomplished than Rodgers at this same point, with a highly impressive 6-4 record. Troy Aikman was 14-24.

Do I think Dak will be in the Hall of Fame one day? No, probably not. But he has immediately won games at a borderline historic level for a player in his first 3 seasons. Sure, he's *not as good as peak Aaron Rodgers*. But give me a break if that's your barometer for measuring a QB in his 3rd NFL season.

He immediately won games because of the situation he came into. Not to take anything away from Dak, but that team, how it was built, was ready to win games. 

He had a fantastic rookie year, but most rookie starting QBs, do not come into a situation with one of the best OLs ever, a top RB, play making receivers and one of the best all time tight ends. Dak was spoiled his rookie year.

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

He immediately won games because of the situation he came into. Not to take anything away from Dak, but that team, how it was built, was ready to win games. 

He had a fantastic rookie year, but most rookie starting QBs, do not come into a situation with one of the best OLs ever, a top RB, play making receivers and one of the best all time tight ends. Dak was spoiled his rookie year.

How many games did they win the year before without Dak? 

Oh my how the narrative has changed for this forum. But hey, anything you can do to take credit away from Dak I am sure you all will try. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Oh my how the narrative has changed for this forum. But hey, anything you can do to take credit away from Dak I am sure you all will try. 

I don't know man, you can't totally discount the environment he was drafted into. But still give credit to Dak for taking advantage of it.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

These type of questions always are impossible to answer during the run time will tell.     It also is so hard to not get in the grass is greener thing.  He talks about rookie Luck for Dak what about the KC QB took over a team that was a superbowl  contender the year before with one of the top two or three offenses in the game spent all year working with them Maia yeah big surprise they are again contenders 

I just think it is so hard to value what you have and to appreciate just how well Dak has played    NO he may never be considered a top 7-8 level Passer in the game but he can also become one of the winningest QB in the game and to me winning is the bottom line 

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Really?

I did state Dak had a fantastic rookie year, its funny how you can nitpick certain parts of a conversation.

Yes, you are right, they didnt win much the year before, so not just any QB could have won games, but the year before with less talent they went 12-4 with Romo.

My point I tried to make was a lot (not all) QBs could have won with the team we had in 2016 and that most (again, not all) rookie QBs do not have the luxury of being throw in to start games with the type of offensive talent that Dak had his rookie year.

Again, Dak did have an amazing rookie year by any standards, just comparing it to what most rookie Qbs have to work with.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And thats where you are wrong. We had already tried 3 the year before. People severely overrate the talent on this team. 

Romo was hurt and went 2-1 in the games he played.

What has Weeden, Moore or Cassell done since then, that makes them competent QBs?

And were comparing 2016, not 2015. I cant say for sure, but id believe that Cassell or Weeden would have won a few more games in 2015 if they had Zeke, a slightly better defense and Dez for 4 more games.

Daks not a bottom tier QB by any means, but there were a lot of other QBs in 2016 that could have led us to wins as well.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

The team went 4-12 the year before FFS.

Archived