Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I follow the Cowboys as close as anyone, I only know two dedicated analyst who routinely use the all 22 to make their points. Sturm and Baldinger. Beyond that, you have yet to prove your stance on analyst in the first place. Just like you have yet to prove a single one of your opinions. 

Im going to ignore the rest of your post, its the same tired rhetoric youve been spewing for 15 years on this site. "I hate the QB. He will never win. He sucks, the coaches suck and Jerry Jones needs to die". 

That’s fine, Ostrich. There’s plenty of sand around for you to bury your head back into. I guess me giving you a list of people who share my assessment and talk to it every day - WITH ON FIELD EXAMPLES - isn’t enough to convince you that it fact, but is still mere rhetoric.

You know, if you live close to a haddware store, you can even buy sand and turn your back yard into a beautiful desert oasis.

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Olawale should have caught that ugly pass. No doubt about it. But as NFLN mentioned it also looked like Dak should have "clubbed up" because the pass, that had punt type hang time, floated a little to much and landed short. The FB was waiting for it forever and ultimately closed his hands to early. It was a ****ty pass and an even ****tier catch.

This is why I call you a hater. Watch the play. Pause it at 27 seconds. The ball is perfectly between the 4 and 9 of his jersey and is softly thrown to the WRs midsection. 

That is a perfectly fine ball and a terrible drop by the FB. 99% of NFL players catch that pass. 

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s fine, Ostrich. There’s plenty of sand around for you to bury your head back into. I guess me giving you a list of people who share my assessment and talk to it every day - WITH ON FIELD EXAMPLES - isn’t enough to convince you that it fact, but is still mere rhetoric.

You know, if you live close to a haddware store, you can even buy sand and turn your back yard into a beautiful desert oasis.

Im still waiting for you to do that. I actually pulled quotes from all those people. They didnt agree with you.

It seems like you lied. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im still waiting for you to do that. I actually pulled quotes from all those people. They didnt agree with you.

It seems like you lied. 

Listen to the radio broadcasts, Ostrich. They say it every day. Fox Sports Radio, ESPN Radio, Mad Dog Radio, NFL Network Radio. ALL. DAY. LONG.

Not sure how that’s lying when I say to listen to them while you cherry pick one-liners. Again, Trent Dilfer was on Colin Cowherd’s show TODAY and said it.

Jason Whitlock and Marcellus Wiley talk about it all the time, too. As do other former players on those shows. Tony Gonzalez included. Does he not know what quality QB play should look like? What about Shannon Sharpe? Should he?

I’m just asking. 

OH WAIT! They’re talking about Quincy’s shortcomings RIGHT NOW on ESPN’s High Noon TV show.

I totally must be lying.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is why I call you a hater. Watch the play. Pause it at 27 seconds. The ball is perfectly between the 4 and 9 of his jersey and is softly thrown to the WRs midsection. 

That is a perfectly fine ball and a terrible drop by the FB. 99% of NFL players catch that pass. 

Do you not see Olawale nearly falling to try to stop and catch it?

As a former WR, I ...10,000,000% agree with you that he should have caught it. If it hits your hands it's your fault. Period.

But no, the pass was something less than perfect. Could have made it easier for him by putting a little more on it.

But ultimately it was Olawales fault. I agree

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

As a former WR, I ...10,000,000% agree with you that he should have caught it. If it hits your hands it's your fault. Period.

But no, the pass was something less than perfect. Could have made it easier for him by putting a little more on it.

Seriously, watch it when its slow mo and shows the balls accuracy. Had Olawale not hit it with his index finger, the ball would have literally hit him in his belly button. 

To claim that is a bad pass is absolutely ridiculous. 

One description of the pass:

How about a guy missed a very easy catch that I have seen countless five-years-olds make, but for some reason, Dak-haters want to put the blame on him?

10 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Listen to the radio broadcasts, Ostrich. They say it every day. Fox Sports Radio, ESPN Radio, Mad Dog Radio, NFL Network Radio. ALL. DAY. LONG.

Not sure how that’s lying when I say to listen to them while you cherry pick one-liners. Again, Trent Dilfer was on Colin Cowherd’s show TODAY and said it.

Jason Whitlock and Marcellus Wiley talk about it all the time, too. As do other former players on those shows. Tony Gonzalez included. Does he not know what quality QB play should look like? What about Shannon Sharpe? Should he?

I’m just asking. 

OH WAIT! They’re talking about Quincy’s shortcomings RIGHT NOW on ESPN’s High Noon TV show.

I totally must be lying.

Im still waiting for you to provide written examples from analyst. Not just claim you saw/heard a hot take. 

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/don-t-forget-these-5-olawale-drops-walk-in-td

Olawale drops sure TD – This play likely won’t be forgotten, but needs to be included considering how much the game changed afterward. On third-and-1 from the Colts’ 3 early in the second quarter, the Cowboys had fullback Jamize Olawale wide open in the flat for a walk-in touchdown. Dak made sure to loft the ball and create a soft pass but it still couldn’t be corralled by the fullback, who dropped it, wasting a chance to score. On fourth down, the Cowboys were stuffed and Zeke even fumbled the ball.

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Also you said:

Olawale should have caught that ugly pass. No doubt about it. But as NFLN mentioned it also looked like Dak should have "clubbed up" because the pass, that had punt type hang time, floated a little to much and landed short. The FB was waiting for it forever and ultimately closed his hands to early. It was a ****ty pass and an even ****tier catch.

My point is, the pass was fine and attempting to pass the buck to Dak for Olawales short comings is a hater move.

6 minutes ago, retrolock said:

Dak has bad luck, when he throws a perfect pass it doesnt get caught boohoo. How about the times he has missed wide open receivers.

I know I know im a hater but damn

He has had the highest completion in the NFL since getting Cooper (before colts game) with a very respectable ANY/A. He has increased his deep shots attempts and not just been a check down dude; which makes his completion percent even better. 

Is he perfect? No

Does he need to work on his deep ball? Yes

But dropping easy passes from Dak absolutely makes it look like he is worse than he is. 

Just now, DaBoys said:

Maybe his best throw all game.

IIRC he threw a great one on a 4th down also. But it was called back on a penalty. Damn Dak for dropping passes and holding. Tom Brady would have completed that pass without holding. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

IIRC he threw a great one on a 4th down also. But it was called back on a penalty. Damn Dak for dropping passes and holding. Tom Brady would have completed that pass without holding. 

Unfortunately, you are probably right. He would have got a roughing tacked on to.

Archived