Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

Ok, I think it’s safe to say, we should start the Dak conversation. 

Is he a QB we should look to resign to a modest contract? 

Or is he a QB we should give the Kirk Cousins treatment with a Tag or 2 till we find a real QB? 

Riht now im on the side of neither. I don’t see it anymore. I don’t see that arm talent, I don’t see that vision, I don’t see the instincts. 

What about you guys. Let’s get this convo rollin

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Ok, I think it’s safe to say, we should start the Dak conversation. 

Is he a QB we should look to resign to a modest contract? 

Or is he a QB we should give the Kirk Cousins treatment with a Tag or 2 till we find a real QB? 

Riht now im on the side of neither. I don’t see it anymore. I don’t see that arm talent, I don’t see that vision, I don’t see the instincts. 

What about you guys. Let’s get this convo rollin

I think his confidence is shot. He looks to run a lot more than he did his rookie year. Afraid to take shots.

I was all for Dak but he seems to have regressed.

However it wouldnt surprise me to see him go to a different team and perform well with the right system/coaching.

I believe our coaching has a lot to do with his lack of development.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

I think his confidence is shot. He looks to run a lot more than he did his rookie year. Afraid to take shots.

I was all for Dak but he seems to have regressed.

However it wouldnt surprise me to see him go to a different team and perform well with the right system/coaching.

QB Coach Kellen Moore is no help to him at all. I’d say regression of Rush and Dak and no development out of the 3rd guy is squarely on him. I would say that is a really bad hire decision. 

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Bingo. I mean, who in the hell puts their franchise QB in the hands of someone with no experience beyond that of carrying a clipboard. Smart =/= good coach. We've seen that with Garrett.

And, why did they go away from the Romo friendly to begin with? Dak was great in it. Why not let him grow into it? 

The concern for Dak should be real, but once again, I don't see how this organization has helped him. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Bingo. I mean, who in the hell puts their franchise QB in the hands of someone with no experience beyond that of carrying a clipboard. Smart =/= good coach. We've seen that with Garrett.

And, why did they go away from the Romo friendly to begin with? Dak was great in it. Why not let him grow into it? 

The concern for Dak should be real, but once again, I don't see how this organization has helped him. 

Dak can only dream to make the throws Romo did down the field. 

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Exactly. I dont think he was ever going to be like Manning or Rodgers but he could have been an above average QB and win games with the right system.

Terrible play calling, lack of playmakers and poor development is a big reason why he has failed 

I would have loved a new coach this year to see what we have in Dak and if things could be different.

I felt it last year, but wanted to see how Dak performs this year before making up my mind. He's not a franchise QB. He has the intangibles, but the arm talent simply is not there. He can't throw the ball downfield, anticipate his receivers running down the field and his accuracy is bad. He doesn't turn the ball over and can run, which makes him a decent backup (in a Tyrod Taylor mold), but he's not the guy. I'm so glad Dallas couldn't hand him a 100 million dollar extension this offseason.  

Just more of the same that we saw last year

he can only throw slants and hooks

nothing outside

inconsistent

inaccurate

no anticiaptipn

makes the offense one dimensional

hopefully more people will acknowledge that we are back to the pre-Romo era when it comes to qb 

Archived