Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am with you. For example Dak had only 1 blatantly bad throw that I remember from last night, yet many here are still pushing the inaccurate narrative. Dak only checked down a few times, yet many here are still pushing the "captain check down" narrative. 

Its like they cant see that schematically most our WRs run 5-15 yard routes meant to spread out the defense horizontally. Its like many here cant grasp the idea that our passing game is to keep us in manageable down and distances, not constant big plays. 

Guess what? 20/25 for 150 yards is a perfectly reasonable state line if all your WRs run 5-15 yard routes and none are YAC monsters. 

I don't really care if he checks in down tbh. 5 yards to Zeke. 10 yard slant to Beasley. Perfect. 

I don't like the inaccuracy though. But it isn't like he misses by a foot or two like most NFL QBs do when they miss. A little low. A little behind. A little to high. Whatever. Dak has thrown at least 1 pass in both games where he misfired so bad, you wondered how it's even possible. You usually see that a lot in high school some college. Not so much in the pros.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I don't really care if he checks in down tbh. 5 yards to Zeke. 10 yard slant to Beasley. Perfect. 

I don't like the inaccuracy though. But it isn't like he misses by a foot or two like most NFL QBs do when they miss. A little low. A little behind. A little to high. Whatever. Dak as thrown at least 1 pass in both games where he misfired so bad, you wondered how it's even possible. You usually see that a lot in high school some college. Not so much in the pros.

You see that ALL THE DAMN TIME in the pros. You just ignore it because you arent as emotionally invested. 

Did you see Matt Ryan in the potential GWD against the Eagles? He missed his WR 4-5 times in the final drive alone. Many to Julio, who is he has played with for years. And not little misses, talking about sailing the ball 5-10 feet over his head. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You see that ALL THE DAMN TIME in the pros. You just ignore it because you arent as emotionally invested. 

Did you see Matt Ryan in the potential GWD against the Eagles? He missed his WR 4-5 times in the final drive alone. Many to Julio, who is he has played with for years. And not little misses, talking about sailing the ball 5-10 feet over his head. 

bingo

I've said this before.  Based on how completely inept our offense is I think we are looking at a very high pick next year and will be in a position to draft a franchise QB should one emerge.  If that happens we have to pull the trigger.  It's a QB driven league.  Since the Atlanta game Dak has been suffering from happy feet.  Factor in his accuracy issues and a struggle to go through his progressions and we all have to ask is he our long term answer?  Can we lock him up long term based on what we have seen?

As I think of the Dallas offense I am reminded of John McKay when he was coaching the Bucs  to two consecutive winless seasons'  When asked how he felt about his team's execution after yet another loss, McKay said "I'm in favor of it."  Sums up my feelings about the Cowboys offense and their coaches.  If you don't laugh at this season you're going to drive yourself insane cause it is going to be a long frustrating one.

Archived