Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

33 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Him or he play calling or both?

The problem is definitely Dak. He is the starting QB for our team and in Year 3 he still doesn't make audibles at the line or make quality NFL throws down the field consistently. 

We have the second worst offense in the NFL and there's no way Dak can escape blame. Every team has said it in the media, they're worried about stopping Zeke.

37 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Being in Q territory is less than ideal. 

Perhaps the real question should be asked, what is the difference between Dak and his first 25 or so games till now? Can a quarterback who did play well for a much longer time than he played Poorly all of a sudden forget everything he did well? Or did circumstances change around him combined with perhaps his loss of confidence trigger these poor results. If you ask me it is up collection of failings that have contributed to the poor production of a quarterback and the offense.

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Perhaps the real question should be asked, what is the difference between Dak and his first 25 or so games till now? Can a quarterback who did play well for a much longer time than he played Poorly all of a sudden forget everything he did well? Or did circumstances change around him combined with perhaps his loss of confidence trigger these poor results. If you ask me it is up collection of failings that have contributed to the poor production of a quarterback and the offense.

What changed? Teams now have game tape and made adjustments to expose his weaknesses, and neither he nor the coaching staff have done enough to help him improve as a player.

Like I keep saying, you can’t trust zone read option QBs. They bust for a reason, and it’s almost always the same one: they lack the fundamental development requisite the position. Pure and simple.

50 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

What changed? Teams now have game tape and made adjustments to expose his weaknesses, and neither he nor the coaching staff have done enough to help him improve as a player.

Like I keep saying, you can’t trust zone read option QBs. They bust for a reason, and it’s almost always the same one: they lack the fundamental development requisite the position. Pure and simple.

We’ve seen zone read QBs have success though (Mahomes, for example).

As you said, it’s our coaching that is lacking the ability to help put Dak in a position to succeed. The guy isn’t dumb, our coaches just can’t develop or call plays to play toward his strengths.

14 minutes ago, D82 said:

We’ve seen zone read QBs have success though (Mahomes, for example).

As you said, it’s our coaching that is lacking the ability to help put Dak in a position to succeed. The guy isn’t dumb, our coaches just can’t develop or call plays to play toward his strengths.

Mahomes never played in the zone read. He came from an Air Raid offense. Tech hasn’t run a zone read offense in literally over 20 years.

Both Dallas and Oakland are declining. Both QBs have issues. If this continues I wouldn't be surprise if we put Dak on the trade block at the end of the year. And maybe we look to trade with draft picks for Derek Carr. Their OLINE is worse than ours and they have no running game.

Dak has sucked since he got throttled in Atlanta last year.  He’s basically Donovan McNabb at his worst.  Happy feet and inaccurate.  

Two years ago, he could throw on the run.  Now, the ONLY thing he can do is run a zone option run.  

As much as Dak has been terrible, SL is the biggest F’ing joke I’ve ever seen.  For years, it’s been the exact same crap.  First down, we likely run the ball.  Regardless of how well we run the ball on first down, on second down Dak is in shotgun throwing the ball.  The only time we can run play action is on first down because Dak is in shotgun on 2nd and 3rd.  

The thing is zeke is playing well enough to to be a bigger weapon and help Dak, but SL is too stupid to figure it out.

todays game is the epitome of why JG is a horrible coach.  Seattle rushed the ball 39 times today behind a below average OL.  They stayed committed to the run.  By doing so, it opened things up for Wilson.  Seattle’s WRs are worse than ours.  Seattle’s RB is worse.  Seattle’s OL is worse.  Yet, they continued to run the ball even though they only averaged 3 YPC.  Dallas averaged over 8 yards per carry but utterly refused to stick with the run no matter how well it worked.  It’s shameful.  

So as much as I want to blame Dak for sucking, we won’t really know if Dak can turn things around until JG and SL are gone forever.

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Mahomes never played in the zone read. He came from an Air Raid offense. Tech hasn’t run a zone read offense in literally over 20 years.

Mahomes will come down too, except, he’s got an arm and accuracy

dak has neither

tape is what caused dak to fail, 

we got RG3’ed boys

Archived