Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

You guys are a ****IN joke. For a season and a half Dak made many good and accurate throws and at a good/very good rate. Now it's show every possible bad throw video out there. It now makes perfect sense. Some of you are or were "butt hurt" that Dak took/was-given the job over Romo. So instead of looking at everything in proper context, such as all the history of coaching/GMing INCOMPETENCE before and after Dak's arrival. You just dissect and over magnify anything and everything anti-Dak possible. Like he didn't ever play well. Dude was 1 freakin defensive play from beating the GREAT A Rodgers and advancing to a game from the SB. Dak didn't do it with a mere 200yds passing either. Dak played great all along the way that year. BUT since then what has happened? The mighty O-line (injury or not) is no longer dominant. The weapons that Romo flourished under, are long gone and HAVEN"T been replaced. All while the same coaches, who went from 12-4 (2014) to what 3-13?the following year with some of the poorest offensive games ever. All before Dak arrived. A coaching staff that had how many 8 and 8 seasons with the so called "great Romo" Yet DAK is the blame of it all now. What a ****IN joke.

I really don't know how long I can stay involved on a site where "some posters" have posted 95+% of their posts on negative Dak comments. Simple minded, stupid rhetoric that if said often enough might blind the masses to following the narrative.

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

You guys are a ****IN joke. For a season and a half Dak made many good and accurate throws and at a good/very good rate. Now it's show every possible bad throw video out there. It now makes perfect sense. Some of you are or were "butt hurt" that Dak took/was-given the job over Romo. So instead of looking at everything in proper context, such as all the history of coaching/GMing INCOMPETENCE before and after Dak's arrival. You just dissect and over magnify anything and everything anti-Dak possible. Like he didn't ever play well. Dude was 1 freakin defensive play from beating the GREAT A Rodgers and advancing to a game from the SB. Dak didn't do it with a mere 200yds passing either. Dak played great all along the way that year. BUT since then what has happened? The mighty O-line (injury or not) is no longer dominant. The weapons that Romo flourished under, are long gone and HAVEN"T been replaced. All while the same coaches, who went from 12-4 (2014) to what 3-13?the following year with some of the poorest offensive games ever. All before Dak arrived. A coaching staff that had how many 8 and 8 seasons with the so called "great Romo" Yet DAK is the blame of it all now. What a ****IN joke.

I really don't know how long I can stay involved on a site where "some posters" have posted 95+% of their posts on negative Dak comments. Simple minded, stupid rhetoric that if said often enough might blind the masses to following the narrative.

First, tone it down. Probably deserving of a warning but I'll let it slide. 

Second...the line is not as bad as some are making it out to be. Pretty sure they're still top five (at least in run-blocking) this season, and there have been numerous plays where Dak has had the opportunity to make a play only to not see the open receiver or hesitated and didn't take off with it and took a sack instead. 

Yes, his weapons aren't great...but they are getting open. Dak has developed happy feet since that Atlanta game, and our coaches are not changing things up and playing to his strengths to get him comfortable again. They aren't helping improve. That's not say that none of the blame should be placed at Dak's feet...because let's face it, at the end of the day he is an NFL QB. He should be able to recognize when something isn't working and do something to adjust. 

I'm a Dak supporter. As much as I loved having Romo as our QB, I knew it was time to move on and was in the crowd that wanted Dak to remain the starter in 2016 even when Romo became healthy again. The guy has potential, but he needs some work and like I said before - some of that are things he needs to work on, some of that is coaching. Sadly, we just don't have the staff to get him there and therefore the team as a whole is going to suffer for it. 

IMO Dak's biggest problem is no Witten. Without Jason the play calling gets stifled because Swain et al drop too many balls and cannot block very well. Without the short and medium catches by the TE the enemy DBs can cover over the top and take away the deep ball. Tavon caught that TD bomb because the NGY DBs were  playing as if our TEs could work the short middle. Teams know we can't do that any more which allows them to easily take away Tavon to the post. Without Jason's blocking Zeke has fewer and smaller holes to run through. Our offense is now gimmick passes to Beasley and screens to the RBs. We desperately need a quality pro bowl TE.

Good points on Dak's first season. But lest we forget, there was no film on him. No tendencies to work against. 

After his first year, his success wained. Granted Zeke was an issue last season, but even I noticed his tendencies and how defenses are approaching him.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

IMO Dak's biggest problem is no Witten. Without Jason the play calling gets stifled because Swain et al drop too many balls and cannot block very well. Without the short and medium catches by the TE the enemy DBs can cover over the top and take away the deep ball. Tavon caught that TD bomb because the NGY DBs were  playing as if our TEs could work the short middle. Teams know we can't do that any more which allows them to easily take away Tavon to the post. Without Jason's blocking Zeke has fewer and smaller holes to run through. Our offense is now gimmick passes to Beasley and screens to the RBs. We desperately need a quality pro bowl TE.

This is CORRECT. Witten was the security blanket for every Cowboys QB, Drew, Romo, Weeden, etc...especially DAK. Dak had 2 favorite targets: Witten and Beasley. Now teams focus on stopping Beasley. Witten route running and basketball like separation skills was so deceptive for a guy his size. 

5 hours ago, D82 said:

First, tone it down. Probably deserving of a warning but I'll let it slide. 

Second...the line is not as bad as some are making it out to be. Pretty sure they're still top five (at least in run-blocking) this season, and there have been numerous plays where Dak has had the opportunity to make a play only to not see the open receiver or hesitated and didn't take off with it and took a sack instead. 

Yes, his weapons aren't great...but they are getting open. Dak has developed happy feet since that Atlanta game, and our coaches are not changing things up and playing to his strengths to get him comfortable again. They aren't helping improve. That's not say that none of the blame should be placed at Dak's feet...because let's face it, at the end of the day he is an NFL QB. He should be able to recognize when something isn't working and do something to adjust. 

I'm a Dak supporter. As much as I loved having Romo as our QB, I knew it was time to move on and was in the crowd that wanted Dak to remain the starter in 2016 even when Romo became healthy again. The guy has potential, but he needs some work and like I said before - some of that are things he needs to work on, some of that is coaching. Sadly, we just don't have the staff to get him there and therefore the team as a whole is going to suffer for it. 

A warning? that's it! I want a suspension already. Please put me out of my misery! I have been suffering long enough. How dare you allow my suffering to continue??

Bringing this to the Dak thread, @DaBoys, where it belongs. If you rewatch the game you will notice something. If the other players did their job Dak would of had multiple TDs, no INT's and 250 yards+. 

I was upset with Dak post game just as much as anyone. But go watch the All 22 - - Zeke alone cost him about 40-50 yards and a TD. The TE's/WR's cost him as well with drops/INTs. Thats not to add that the OL did not play great. 

And before you say it, I completely understand that good QBs elevate teammates and can overcome adversity. Im just saying, maybe we have been a little to harsh with the "Dak is awful" conversations. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Bringing this to the Dak thread, @DaBoys, where it belongs. If you rewatch the game you will notice something. If the other players did their job Dak would of had multiple TDs, no INT's and 250 yards+. 

I was upset with Dak post game just as much as anyone. But go watch the All 22 - - Zeke alone cost him about 40-50 yards and a TD. The TE's/WR's cost him as well with drops/INTs. Thats not to add that the OL did not play great. 

And before you say it, I completely understand that good QBs elevate teammates and can overcome adversity. Im just saying, maybe we have been a little to harsh with the "Dak is awful" conversations. 

Dak isn't getting much help, from SL, his 4th teir TEs, or 2nd rate WRs.

It's not just Dak. The whole offense is a train wreck, so much so, that one person can't possibly be at blame for it all.

You brought up the 3rd an 1 that Zeke was stuffed on. The OL missed a block. If I am thinking of the same play, it does have something to do with coaching. We lined up in a shotgun with 3 wide.  On 3rd and 1. The ol missed a block. The play was stuffed. 

But why shotgun? Why 3 wide?

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak isn't getting much help, from SL, his 4th teir TEs, or 2nd rate WRs.

It's not just Dak. The whole offense is a train wreck, so much so, that one person can't possibly be at blame for it all.

You brought up the 3rd an 1 that Zeke was stuffed on. The OL missed a block. If I am thinking of the same play, it does have something to do with coaching. We lined up in a shotgun with 3 wide.  On 3rd and 1. The ol missed a block. The play was stuffed. 

But why shotgun? Why 3 wide?

Seriously watch the video. It will explain all this. The play design was "creative" and everyone did their job. Except for Swaim who ran right by and didnt even touch Wagner. If he even just kinda stands in front of Wagner, we easily get the first. But player execution was poor. Thats not on the coaches. 

And remember, up until recently we had been stuffed on some ungodly amount of 3rd/4th and 1's. How many of those did we line up in the I and try to run up the gut? Arent we all begging for "creativity" - - especially since the tried and true hasnt been working?

EDIT - Also 3 wide is to get the team into nickle, less LBs. Shotgun is to give the impression of a pass (keep the safeties honest) and the formation that would be used for RPO (keep the DE's honest)

Archived