Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

I've been a Dak backer, but I"m watching the Bears Packers game and Trubisky is making throws that Dak can't even dream of making.  Unless we surround Dak with the perfect compliment of support, combined with great coaching (try to suppress laughter) and an injury free year from all, we ain't going to win with him.  

The offense is inept and I fear a long year.  We could very well find ourselves staring at a franchise QB should one emerge when it's out time to pick in 2019.  It's a QB driven league.  I would pull that trigger in a heart beat.

The dilemma is will Jerry admit that Dak is not the saviour?  Will Jerry dismiss Garrett and Linehan should this year turn out to be a train wreck?  Maybe with Dak but I doubt it re Garrett.

for those throwing Dak under the bus already, no surprise. but can someone make an argument proving that our coaching staff lead by JG and SL,isn't the worst or near worst in the NFL?

All the points I can make, and have been made year after year is painfully redundant. I have started threads for years and before Dak arrived. The incompetent cancer that is our coaching staff (particularly JG) is always present. 

So why expect different results? 

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

for those throwing Dak under the bus already, no surprise. but can someone make an argument proving that our coaching staff lead by JG and SL,isn't the worst or near worst in the NFL?

All the points I can make, and have been made year after year is painfully redundant. I have started threads for years and before Dak arrived. The incompetent cancer that is our coaching staff (particularly JG) is always present. 

So why expect different results? 

No argument from me on the coaching

but at least we used to have a passing game

now, one sided offense 

3 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I'd like to see Dak in an offense that doesn't suck and hold everyone back first. But I am concerned, because no matter what the playcalling is, he just hasn't been accurate. If he's still unable to get it together when Lincoln Riley is the coach, then I'm looking for a replacement.

Why would we want Lincoln Riley? A second year college coach? Really?

DAK accuracy, ball placement and deep throws has been an issue. He has always been a Colin Kap type of football player. We seem to have a descent defense. However, he has to convert those 3rd downs. I'll give him this year and then we really need to see if FA or the draft is the next step.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I won't judge Dak's performance because to be quite frank I only saw a couple of his throws. But from what I did see, your lack of weapons is very abhorrent. Seemed like Dak doesn't have anyone he trusts out there.

His trust has nothing to do with his inaccuracies 

9 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Because I think he's an offensive genius and 35 year old offensive geniuses are the new hot thing

That’s a very fair assessment. I think this season will be a better indicator of his ability now that he’s without Baker Mayfield at QB. I’m always leery of college coaches whose base offense is the spread. I know that it’s being incorporated more and more into the NFL, but it’s not there yet. He certainly looks the part of a brilliant offensive mind, though.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

I won't judge Dak's performance because to be quite frank I only saw a couple of his throws. But from what I did see, your lack of weapons is very abhorrent. Seemed like Dak doesn't have anyone he trusts out there.

Completely missing wide open WRs has nothing to do with trust. That’s just a general lack of ability.

Archived