Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

Sacks aren't the best way to judge an OL when your bumbling stumbling QB sacks himself, and reads the field like a dyslexic reads tongue twisters. 

Pressures, and time before pressured is a better stat.

OL Currently ranked 11th overall 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-6

Above average. Like I said.

Also when Dak looks off a wide open deep ball to Gallup to check it to a double covered TE, the separation looks pretty bad.  Or when Beasley comes wide open on a quick move but Dak is to slow so he targets a covered Jarwin.

Go watch the redskins game again(or watch it for the first time). Separation stats only cover the WRs who were targeted. Not whether or not he had an open option on the play. Well, Dak sucks at reading the field and targets the wrong guy multiple times every game. 

And now we have Amari Cooper so you "Dak needs weapons" guys are going to need another excuse from now. Better start working on it now.

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Sacks aren't the best way to judge an OL when your bumbling stumbling QB sacks himself, and reads the field like a dyslexic reads tongue twisters. 

Pressures, and time before pressured is a better stat.

OL Currently ranked 11th overall 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-6

Above average. Like I said.

Also when Dak looks off a wide open deep ball to Gallup to check it to a double covered TE, the separation looks pretty bad.  Or when Beasley comes wide open on a quick move but Dak is to slow so he targets a covered Jarwin.

Go watch the redskins game again(or watch it for the first time). Separation stats only cover the WRs who were targeted. Not whether or not he had an open option on the play. Well, Dak sucks at reading the field and targets the wrong guy multiple times every game. 

And now we have Amari Cooper so you "Dak needs weapons" guys are going to need another excuse from now. Better start working on it now.

Not only have I watched the game. I watched the break down from a profession scout breaking down a few of the plays. You know what he came away saying? Daks was not at fault on the strip sack TD. Gallup wasnt open. And the OL sucks. 

But your massive hard on for bashing Dak must be the right thing.

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And Matts I know you hate Zeke, and devalue his contributions, but how many other QBs have the luxury of facing 8 or 9 men in the box like Dak? That's all because of Zeke. Dak just can't capitalize 

None. And if if you watched the all 22 you would realize that includes the Cowboys. 

And I dont hate Zeke. He is my fav RB in the NFL, obviously. I am just not going to ride his jock and pretend he contributes more than he does.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not only have I watched the game. I watched the break down from a profession scout breaking down a few of the plays. You know what he came away saying? Daks was not at fault on the strip sack TD. Gallup wasnt open. And the OL sucks. 

But your massive hard on for bashing Dak must be the right thing.

Most people feel Dak is average to below average. You are in the minority.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Most people feel Dak is average to below average. You are in the minority.

I think Dak is not good enough to carry the team. But I think he has shown with talent around he can produce.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't even know what you're saying here. No one faces 8 in the box? Ok

Of course, 8 and 9 boxs on obvious running downs. But we run plenty of 11, 12 personal... And guess what? The other teams are playing nickle. Most teams run majority nickle. And those arent loaded boxes.

Same old same old.  These types of questions and answers are almost impossoble answer definatively during the moment unfortunately only time will tell  

I personally have stated that right now I think  Dak is about a top 13-16 QB in the league.   I also feel our OL is in the same spot.   Sooo.  What does that mean....  well nothing really because I think your odds are 1-8 or so getting a first round QB in any draft upcoming that will perform over time better then Dak has

what do I know and can not be argued against. That with the right pieces then Dak can lead a team to the best record -seed in the NFC. And have one of the Top QBR ratings in the league 3rd behind Brady and Ryan.  

Now I would also say our OL is way “worse” than the OL in 2016 and the first half of 2017. Especially on the road we shall see how the season unfolds but I do think the main problem of this season has been the OL not functioning very well on the road.    Does this mean that I think Dak is a elite passer in the league who is being held back by the line failures no but on the other side he can function very effectively with a better functioning OL 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think Dak is not good enough to carry the team. But I think he has shown with talent around he can produce.

Which is a nice way of saying he isn't that good. Trent Dilfer could produce with talent around him. Nick Foles could produce with enough talent around him.

If he has enough talent around him to mask his weaknesses then he is okay. 

I can bench press a truck as long as I have a couple jacks.

I have a 60 inch vert as long as I have a trampoline.

I can dunk a basketball as long as it's an 8 foot basket.

And good luck fielding talent around him after he signs a $100M contract. 

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Which is a nice way of saying he isn't that good. Trent Dilfer could produce with talent around him. Nick Foles could produce with enough talent around him.

And they both won superbowls. Just like super average Eli. And super average Joe Flacco. 

There are only like 4, maybe 5 QB's that carry a team in the league at any given time. 

EDIT - You guarantee me Tom Brady and Ill drive to Dallas and give Dak the boot myself. But those guys are super rare. I think Dak is at (maybe above) the Dalton line. 

I can probably agree that he’s a 13-16 QB in this league. I kinda waiver back and forth with him. I told myself he gets this year only from me to prove himself and I’ll see it through to the end of this season. I remain optimistic until the last week of the year. He doesn’t turn this around now given the weapons then I’m done with him and will accept the fact he isn’t an NFL QB. I feel last year I gave him a wash losing Zeke and the uncertainty of not having him but the unit for the most part this year is intact and better than ever. No excuses from me if he doesn’t perform the rest of the year. I however am in the camp that if all he’s ever going to be is a game manager more so less than a game manager and obviously looks likely to be that way then why settle for that? Why not search for someone that can take this Offense to the next level? I like Dak but I don’t like 100 million Dak. They need to be damn sure before a contract is signed because this will set us back years if it doesn’t pan out. I’m sure I mirror other comments in the past saying this but if Romo was on this team we would be leading this division big time. 

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If he has enough talent around him to mask his weaknesses then he is okay. 

I can bench press a truck as long as I have a couple jacks.

I have a 60 inch vert as long as I have a trampoline.

I can dunk a basketball as long as it's an 8 foot basket.

And good luck fielding talent around him after he signs a $100M contract. 

In his his dreams could Trent be third best rated QB in the NFL.  NO when I mean produce I mean 2800-3000 yards 18 or so TD’s and under 10 interceptions.  His rookie type numbers.  

It really frustrates me when people think its EASY to be an elite QB who NEVER struggles in the NFL and just how critical it is for a QB to find the right spot.    For instance if you think Brady after being drafted by say the Cleveland Browns and took over that team and would have done for that franchise what he has done for NE then I’ve got a bridge for you to buy.   

AND no I am not saying Brady is anything but the best QB in the history of the league but he was able to develop produce his game with a high level playoff team just like Rogers did by the way.  

In fact in the last few decades plus just off the top of my head the only two QB who came into a loosing team culture jumped right in as a rookie and had the team turn around with in two years or so was Payton Manning and Aikmen and if you remember we had a ton of 1st round picks extra at the same time  as we got Aikmen.  Don’t remember much about Indy other then they had two all pro level players almost hall of fame level Players on the O side playing with Manning as in those early years as well as one of the best OL in football

So pile on Dak he is by no means even close to being top five or six in the level of being a pure NFL passer but understand QB play at an elite level takes a lot of time and if you don’t believe that look up the last rookie who had numbers like Dak that would be Big Ben in Pittsburgh check out just his third year numbers and say yeah we want him as our franchise QB.   And yes Ben joined a playoff level franchise similar to what Dak did

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Of course, 8 and 9 boxs on obvious running downs. But we run plenty of 11, 12 personal... And guess what? The other teams are playing nickle. Most teams run majority nickle. And those arent loaded boxes.

24% of Zekes runs come against an 8+ box. 

4 hours ago, quiller said:

In his his dreams could Trent be third best rated QB in the NFL.  NO when I mean produce I mean 2800-3000 yards 18 or so TD’s and under 10 interceptions.  His rookie type numbers.

Dak is not the 3rd best QB in the NFL. Hes not even in the top 20.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

24% of Zekes runs come against an 8+ box. 

24%.... Reread how low that number is. What are other offensive teams? I am imagining close.... because that includes every obvious running down. So you pretty much just disproved your point and proved mine. 

Thank you. 

Archived