Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

4 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think that's perfectly reasonable as well. And if he repeats and gets to the playoff again, I'll feel even better. I just really don't want a retread. Give me some new blood. David Shaw is a guy I'd look at too. Same with Defilippo (spelling?)

I’m kinda surprised that Shaw hasn’t made the jump to the NFL yet. His system is a classic NFL style.

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So if Dak threw 4.picks,.but passed for.more than 200, you would be happy

I would be happy if Dak could hit wide open receivers and throw the ball downfield so Zeke could have some room to run in the backfield. 

But instead I see that Dak needs 30 pass attempts to reach 200 yards passing in a game.

14 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I would be happy if Dak could hit wide open receivers and throw the ball downfield so Zeke could have some room to run in the backfield. 

But instead I see that Dak needs 30 pass attempts to reach 200 yards passing in a game.

Well what do you expect when they spend half their time doing tight  end screens, Dink and dunking all over the fieldl for five yard throws based on play calling

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/10/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accuracy-scott-linehan-play-calling-charting-nfl-week-1-first-half/

"Dallas has three physical advantages built into their offense over nearly every opposing defense, but they rarely look to utilize them. First is using running back Ezekiel Elliott out of the backfield. As teams focus on the run, using Elliott as a passing-game weapon is almost assured success due to the mismatches he will receive. Dallas ran one passing play to Elliott in the first half. Prescott’s throw was errant."

"Dallas attempted just two passes in the entire first half that traveled more than 10 yards down the field. They tried just one pass longer than 20 yards. Both attempts failed due to an egregious lack of accuracy by Prescott"

"The Cowboys didn’t attempt a single pass from within Panthers territory in the first half. Not one. Dallas lined up in shotgun 10 of 15 passes, but only threw deep twice. That’s it, and both woefully underthrown"

"Prior to the first sack, Prescott completed 5 of 6 throws. After, only two of 6 throws where were the ball was intended. We spoke in the offseason about how Prescott was seeing ghosts after the Atlanta Falcons game and it appeared to be the case in the season opener, at least through the first half. As soon as left tackle Tyron Smith had to hold in order to keep Prescott clean, his accuracy started to take a nose dive."

So the Cowboys make no attempt to get Zeke Elliott the ball in the passing game is Dax fault?

Dallas attempts only two passes for more than 10 yards is also his fault?

I have been screaming for weapons for more than two seasons now in Dallas has done little to help the cause. In fact I thought I made it clear and got no counter-argument when I said does Dallas have the least dangerous weapons in the NFL right now. We have tight ends who might not even make other teams practice squads. We have no true number one receiver and the worst coaching staff to make it all work. So just take the easy way out and blame DAK

Excuse the typos I am on my phone and I really don't give a **** at this moment

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So the Cowboys make no attempt to get Zeke Elliott the ball in the passing game is Dax fault?

I have been screaming for weapons for more than two seasons now in Dallas has done little to help the cause. In fact I thought I made it clear and got no counter-argument when I said does Dallas have the least dangerous weapons in the NFL right now. We have tight ends who might not even make other teams practice squads. We have no true number one receiver and the worst coaching staff to make it all work. So just take the easy way out and blame DAK

Excuse the typos I am on my phone and I really don't give a **** at this moment

It’s like you don’t even see the accuracy issues

hes not even giving the guys a shot to catch or catch and run

and it’s daks decision to decide where to throw the ball

dak won’t push the outside of the field or down field, cause he can’t throw an accurate ball there to save his life

he would rather throw the digs and slants

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

They made 1 attempt. And Dak missed the 7 yard pass.  I agree the playcalling is bad, but when it's paired with Daks inaccuracy, it's useless. Why is it okay that Dak ruins his few opportunities just because SL isn't good at creating them more often?

I didn't realize Dallas played QB.  I thought Dak did. Who is in charge of deciding who to throw to? I get there were some designed screens but some of those dump offs were choices. And even they were inaccurate.

Funny how all the ones complaining about our WRs/TEs and excusing Dak were the same ppl who were happy Dez got cut. I agree we need better WRs, because we released our only good one. Our only good TE was inactive. 

Oh and btw, we have scored 9 points or less in 5 of our last 9 games. This runs deeper than just our current WR/TEs.  Dak is a problem. Not the only problem. But he is a weakness on our team that we need to mask. Period. He was never meant to be anything more than a bad *** backup that would prevent another 2015 from happening 

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

They made 1 attempt. And Dak missed the 7 yard pass.  I agree the playcalling is bad, but when it's paired with Daks inaccuracy, it's useless. Why is it okay that Dak ruins his few opportunities just because SL isn't good at creating them more often?

I didn't realize Dallas played QB.  I thought Dak did. Who is in charge of deciding who to throw to? I get there were some designed screens but some of those dump offs were choices. And even they were inaccurate.

Funny how all the ones complaining about our WRs/TEs and excusing Dak were the same ppl who were happy Dez got cut. I agree we need better WRs, because we released our only good one. Our only good TE was inactive. 

Oh and btw, we have scored 9 points or less in 5 of our last 9 games. This runs deeper than just our current WR/TEs.  Dak is a problem. Not the only problem. But he is a weakness on our team that we need to mask. Period. He was never meant to be anything more than a bad *** backup that would prevent another 2015 from happening 

wow, so much on here I want to rely to.But on my phone sucks and I have to catch a flight manana. If the flight has WiFi, I am coming back into this one.

If they are going to retain DAK for the foreseeable future, they need to base his game and this offense on KAP and CAM. That means we better start drafting all pro defensive players. That's the only way we are getting to the super bowl. Run the ball using DAK/ZEKE/ROD/TAVON. I would also look hard in the draft. But guys like Rodgers and Brady are once in a generation. :(

Dak Prescott missed an opportunity to hit Geoff Swaim and Michael Gallup both for a touchdown on the same play. Swaim had beaten Donte Jackson to the inside, while Gallup had done the same to Mike Adams. Instead, Prescott pulled the ball down and decided to run in order to keep the drive alive.

· Dak Prescott missed a huge opportunity to hit Michael Gallup with a pass across the middle which could have put the offense deep in Panthers territory. Prescott just needed to put the ball out in front of him and let Gallup do the rest. Instead, the ball was behind him, which forced Gallup to have to adjust -- which he was unable to do.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-eye-breaking-down-dak-s-miscues

Remember how Dak had a really crappy training camp? Hadn't thrown a TD in practice? And everyone was telling me it's because Dak makes practice hard for himself, and he always practices poorly. It doesn't matter, and "he's a gamer."

On 9/9/2018 at 8:53 PM, retrolock said:

Dak sucks, I don't know what happened to the 2016 guy. 

See, I think his 2016 year is overrated as hell. He should have never won RotY.  The rookie of the year was Zeke who led the league in rushing yards, and attempts. And was 3rd in TDs.

Meanwhile in 2016, Dak was 23rd in attempts, 19th in yards, 16th in TDs, and 20th in completions. 

The guy did some nice game manager type stuff, and was good at limiting turnovers. High efficiency backup QB stuff, which is all he ever was, but never elite.

Nothing happened to 2016 Dak. He is still the same guy. Risk averse, but wholly below average passing the ball. Been that way since his rookie year.

Archived