Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

it still just blows my mind how happy everyone was that we released Dez. Because he was making Dak look so bad. Couldn't get separation, and dropped everything, plus he is SO dramatic.

I am seriously having to fight the petty urge to bump the Dez watch thread so you guys can go back and read how you thought releasing Dez was going to help Dak. Because it wasn't Daks fault cause he proved he was Tom Brady during 2016. <---dumb

NOW without all those distractions, Dak sucks even worse, but the problem is NO WEAPONS!!??

2+2=4

Not 6

If you are referring to me, I was calling for more weapons even when Dez was here. At the same time Dez was not retained probably more for his constant off the field/lockeroom.sideline antics.

The fact that NOT a SINGLE team picked up/signed Dez speaks volumes IYAM.

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

If you are referring to me, I was calling for more weapons even when Dez was here. At the same time Dez was not retained probably more for his constant off the field/lockeroom.sideline antics.

After reading all of this I came to the conclusion that We are all frustrated as Cowboy fans. We have been duped again by one good year, this time with a young QB in Prescott. Paired with a legit stud in Elliott and we thought we had a contender. 

Only to find out, once again, it was and is a mirage.

Embrace the horror. Let us not fight with one another. Truth is, since Johnson left, we have been a circus. No reason to believe That will ever change as long as JJ is alive.

Our greatest hope is that teams we hate most don't win a SB.

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

After reading all of this I came to the conclusion that We are all frustrated as Cowboy fans. We have been duped again by one good year, this time with a young QB in Prescott. Paired with a legit stud in Elliott and we thought we had a contender. 

Only to find out, once again, it was and is a mirage.

Embrace the horror. Let us not fight with one another. Truth is, since Johnson left, we have been a circus. No reason to believe That will ever change as long as JJ is alive.

Our greatest hope is that teams we hate most don't win a SB.

It's a little late for this one. :|

30 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I sorry, but this is the type of shet that drives me crazy. In C Kraps 5 or 6 years in the league he has ever had a single year as good as Dak's rookie year. Yet Krap is a better player Brick wall

Not to mention freakin leadership intangibles, IQ, Heart, Brains and Balls. Krap barely threw above 60% 

If you don't like Dak, fine, but get out of here with that shet. 

I said that Kaep is a superior athlete. That isn’t up for debate. And yes, I think Kaep was a better player. Was he good? No. Did he regress once teams figured him out? Yep. But, it took him longer to fall. Why? Because he’s a better overall athlete. Dak is FAR AND AWAY a better human being and vastly more mature, but Kaep was the better player.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I was not on the band wagon of releasing Dez because he made Dak look bad.  I was okay with releasing Dez because we were not getting close to the production that could not be matched by another player at a lessor $.  But time will tell there.

And as long as he was on the team we had no chance of getting his ultimate successor and there was no denying his decline in play on the field- too many big drops and not enough big catches and to make it worse he didn’t seem willing to allow others to shine over him

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

it still just blows my mind how happy everyone was that we released Dez. Because he was making Dak look so bad. Couldn't get separation, and dropped everything, plus he is SO dramatic.

I am seriously having to fight the petty urge to bump the Dez watch thread so you guys can go back and read how you thought releasing Dez was going to help Dak. Because it wasn't Daks fault cause he proved he was Tom Brady during 2016. <---dumb

NOW without all those distractions, Dak sucks even worse, but the problem is NO WEAPONS!!??

2+2=4

Not 6

Its been one game there rtnlDaBoys.

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its been one game there rtnlDaBoys.

No, this downward trend started last year. It was considered to be the result of not having Zeke or T Smith. Well, after an entire off season and TC, it hasn't gotten any better.

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

No, this downward trend started last year. It was considered to be the result of not having Zeke or T Smith. Well, after an entire off season and TC, it hasn't gotten any better.

I think Dak can be better (with the right coaching staff) but nothing more than above average.

IMO that Atlanta game seemed to mess Dak up mentally.

That on top of poor scheming, being void of playmakers and lack of development (Kellen Moore really?) really set Dak back.

At least it happened before we paid him.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

You act like he is actively petitioning teams and going on tryouts and just can't seem to find work anywhere. When YOU KNOW the Ravens offered him a 3 year deal DAYS after his release, and there is an entire Hard Knocks episode dedicated to the Browns offering him a deal.

He will chose a team in the next few weeks. I don't blame him for waiting to see whos who. He wants a ring. He has his preferences. He wants to play with Brady or the Redskins, and I don't blame him for being picky.

But don't act like Dez is so bad that he can't find work. He had 800 yards and 6 TDs last year. We won't have a WR hit that this year. We dont have a WR half as talented as Dez.

Landon Collins says if they stop Zeke and put the ball in Daks hands they have a great shot at winning. Zeke responded saying every team is going to try to do that.

I wonder why you never hear that about a good QB.

I'm going to stop the run and make Tom Brady beat us. I'm going to stop the run and make Aaron Rodgers beat us. Even teams with good running games. We just need to stop Kamara and make Drew Brees beat us. Better concentrate on Demarco Murray, and keep the ball in Tony Romo's hands. If the ball is in Philip Rivers hands we have a great shot at winning. We just need to make Russell Wilson beat us. You won't even hear that about mediocre QBs like Cousins.

Why then, why do we hear it so often with Dak? I have a theory. It's because he isn't that good. 

Even if Dak is in, say, the 20-25 range for starting QBs, he's still a highly valuable asset at $700k/year. From a team-building perspective, the dead money to Romo, Dez, et al and the corollary lack of talent at WR, TE, DT, and S are bigger issues. If we didn't overestimate our ability to draft and actually made forays into free agency, then we'd be in better shape this year to contend with more aggressively built teams such as PHI, LAR, MIN.

That said, if we give Dak $30M/yr in an extension starting next year? I'd say we're screwed. While his durability, ability to make calls at the line, playmaking ability on the run, relationship with his teammates, and intangibles (calm, mature, natural leader) stick out as positive traits, his accuracy, pocket mechanics, and processing speed seem pretty irreconcilable- especially with this coaching staff. Frankly, any team giving that kind of money to a QB that isn't Brady/Brees/Rodgers caliber is screwing themselves, IMO. Look no further than what happened to Detroit and Oakland this Monday.

Unless he's just a complete disaster and we earn ourselves a Top 5 pick, which I still don't anticipate, I'd give him one more year. But don't extend him early. Keep him as underpaid as possible and use our excess cap room to improve the aforementioned areas.

As constructed, our team just isn't that great, but they're not that far away either. This team would/will look a lot different if/when Frederick, Gregory and Irving return. Garrett and Linehan are the biggest problems. A McVay or Shanahan or Pederson wouldn't be churning out sub-250 yard, sub-10 point games with this offensive personnel, IMO. They'd at least have us within range of scoring occasionally, as opposed to going entire halves without crossing midfield.

Archived