2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 hours ago, imDelusional said:

I love Marcus, but man I'd be hyped. Everyone would be, lol.

Hyped at drafting a kid who is electric when facing slower kids yet looked like a boy among men when facing a team with actual NFL prospects (Bama)?

Absolutely not. The last draft pick I absolutely hated was Chris Henry. Picking Kyler Murray would top that by 100x.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I thought at the time we should've taken Thomas instead of any of them and nothing has happened to change my thoughts on that since.

Henry was the right pick. We wouldn't know Thomas as the player he is if he was in our offense vs being in NO catching passes from Drew Brees.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Henry was the right pick. We wouldn't know Thomas as the player he is if he was in our offense vs being in NO catching passes from Drew Brees.

Thomas at best would be been a mix of Justin Gage and Justin McCarriens. Lol. With better hands. In our offenses. 

• Like 1

If and when we eventually move on from Marcus, I want to draft a QB that isn't an athlete first and more of a natural pocket passer. I feel like our franchise has been chasing the ghost of McNair ever since Steve left by drafting QBs that were in a similar mold to him. They've all been guys that are more like athletes playing QB, and that has ultimately always put our offense behind the 8 ball, because it's always been about helping them to get more comfortable in our offenses by building around their athletic traits.  I don't necessarily want a guy that's a statue in the pocket, but having a QB that has a game based around his arm rather than his athletic traits as exciting as those traits can be at times could be a nice breath of fresh air for our franchise.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

If and when we eventually move on from Marcus, I want to draft a QB that isn't an athlete first and more of a natural pocket passer. I feel like our franchise has been chasing the ghost of McNair ever since Steve left by drafting QBs that were in a similar mold to him. They've all been guys that are more like athletes playing QB, and that has ultimately always put our offense behind the 8 ball, because it's always been about helping them to get more comfortable in our offenses by building around their athletic traits.  I don't necessarily want a guy that's a statue in the pocket, but having a QB that has a game based around his arm rather than his athletic traits as exciting as those traits can be at times could be a nice breath of fresh air for our franchise.   

I agree. Need the best passer. Not an athlete playing QB.

Need an athlete passer not a passing athlete. 

Players like Murray, Lamar Jackson, etc will struggle. 

I think Marcus is a good athletic QB. But his ability to scramble works against him at times. Thinking he can run out of everything. Similar to a strong arm QB thinking he can throw it anywhere. 

But yeah. Harder to find. But a passer that is athletic is the preference. 

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I agree. Need the best passer. Not an athlete playing QB.

Need an athlete passer not a passing athlete. 

Players like Murray, Lamar Jackson, etc will struggle. 

I think Marcus is a good athletic QB. But his ability to scramble works against him at times. Thinking he can run out of everything. Similar to a strong arm QB thinking he can throw it anywhere. 

But yeah. Harder to find. But a passer that is athletic is the preference. 

we could have Peyton Manning and we'd still have him throw no more than 23 times a game

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

we could have Peyton Manning and we'd still have him throw no more than 23 times a game

We've done that with every single QB we've had. Even MVP McNair, Marcus' sophomore year beat McNair's MVP year, statistically.  

This franchise just doesn't want to be a part of the air it out trend. And it has nothing to do with their abilities to do so, in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We've done that with every single QB we've had. Even MVP McNair, Marcus' sophomore year beat McNair's MVP year, statistically.  

This franchise just doesn't want to be a part of the air it out trend. And it has nothing to do with their abilities to do so, in my opinion.

I'm not saying we need to air it out...I'm saying we need to get with the program a little bit and not be so obsessed with being run-first-second-and-maybe-even-third