2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Sweat will be long gone by 19. If Davenport can go as high as he did, so can Sweat especially after his senior bowl week. He’ll likely be a top 10 pick unfortunately.

That’s not true, it’s all about team needs & depth at the position, this year draft is way deep at DL then it has been in years. It’s a possibility he can be there at 19..

11 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s not true, it’s all about team needs & depth at the position, this year draft is way deep at DL then it has been in years. It’s a possibility he can be there at 19..

I was originally against drafting a Rookie OLB; however, Montez Sweat is growing on me. He looks pretty NFL ready and could make an impact in Year 1. The question is, would you rather have Preston Smith FA from the Redskins or Montez Sweat? Because if we sign Preston Smith in FA, then we can draft someone like Christian Wilkins DE/DT in the 1st round.

So what combo do y’all like better:

1) Preston Smith (Free agency) and Christian Wilkins DE/DT in the 1st Round?

OR

2) Montez Sweat OLB in the 1st Round and Ndamukong Suh (or) Malik Jackson (Free Agency)?

Edited by Mariota615TN

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

I was originally against drafting a Rookie OLB; however, Montez Sweat is growing on me. He looks pretty NFL ready and could make an impact in Year 1. The question is, would you rather have Preston Smith FA from the Redskins or Montez Sweat? Because if we sign Preston Smith in FA, then we can draft someone like Christian Wilkins DE/DT in the 1st round.

So what combo do y’all like better:

1) Preston Smith (Free agency) and Christian Wilkins DE/DT in the 1st Round?

OR

2) Montez Sweat OLB in the 1st Round and Ndamukong Suh (or) Malik Jackson (Free Agency)?

Depends on what Suh/Jackson would cost but if they're expensive (which they likely will be) I'm going choice 1. Smith only had 4 sacks last year but has had 2 seasons with 8 sacks. I'd trust Vrabel to get him in to that double digit range and I think he'll be cheaper than Suh or Jackson. Plus I'm in love with Christian Wilkins.

26 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Smith only had 4 sacks last year but has had 2 seasons with 8 sacks. I'd trust Vrabel to get him in to that double digit range and I think he'll be cheaper than Suh or Jackson

More on him - he's basically completely invisible or a terror according to these guys. I've never watched him.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/staying-or-going-should-redskins-re-sign-preston-smith?ls=social-vid

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

More on him - he's basically completely invisible or a terror according to these guys. I've never watched him.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/staying-or-going-should-redskins-re-sign-preston-smith?ls=social-vid

Okay gotcha, I like your take on it. Preston Smith in Free Agency and Wilkins DE/DT in the 1st Round sounds great to me. 

You can't really plan your FA based on a single player being available in the first round of the draft. Very possible Wilkins and Sweat are gone. Have to be willing to take the player behind them if you're doing that or trade up to get them.

Say you skip on Smith to draft Sweat and he's gone at 19? Are you happy with your alternatives now that absolutely must draft an EDGE?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You can't really plan your FA based on a single player being available in the first round of the draft. Very possible Wilkins and Sweat are gone. Have to be willing to take the player behind them if you're doing that or trade up to get them.

Say you skip on Smith to draft Sweat and he's gone at 19? Are you happy with your alternatives now that absolutely must draft an EDGE?

Targeting one player is very dangerous when you outside the top 10 especially. 

Unless you willing to trade up like you said, you better plan on them being gone and be pleasantly surprised when they there. 

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Very good point here. I’m more convinced now JRob is gonna dish out a decent contract to an OLB Free Agent for sure (or possibly make a trade). Do y’all like Zadarius Smith or Preston Smith more? Both young and Big bodied — not so much speed rushers — but who brings more to the table? idk.

6 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

Very good point here. I’m more convinced now JRob is gonna dish out a decent contract to an OLB Free Agent for sure (or possibly make a trade). Do y’all like Zadarius Smith or Preston Smith more? Both young and Big bodied — not so much speed rushers — but who brings more to the table? idk.

I’m thinking ziggy Ansah think about it, who was Orakpo before signing wit the Titans, an athletic freak who was labeled injury prone turned out to be a solid signing 

31 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m thinking ziggy Ansah think about it, who was Orakpo before signing wit the Titans, an athletic freak who was labeled injury prone turned out to be a solid signing 

Orakpo wasn't 30 in his first season with us. There have also been reports from Africa that he's actually 2 years older than his listed age here, although he denies it.

He would be no more than a stop gap player for a year or two. Could sign him and still draft someone in round 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Orakpo wasn't 30 in his first season with us. There have also been reports from Africa that he's actually 2 years older than his listed age here, although he denies it.

He would be no more than a stop gap player for a year or two. Could sign him and still draft someone in round 1.

That’s what I see him as nothing long term some like a 3-4 yr deal were after the 2nd yr no more guaranteed money. When healthy he’s a double digit sack guy 

17 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Don't be surprised if Suggs ends up here as a stop gap. He would instantly fill the leadership void vacated by Rak/Morgan. 

He's not my top option, but a good plan if the top guys price themselves out elsewhere. 

Certainly not against him but I’d hope they still target a pass-rusher in the top 2 rounds.

• Like 1

I was looking at mocks and surprised to see Oliver dropping out of the top 10 in a lot of them. I was sure he was a top 3-5 pick... And even though his numbers were down this year (injuries and constant double and even triple teams) but he's still a dominant force. Him and Casey both are at their best in a 3 tech position, but if have no hesitation putting them on the same line... They both have versatility to play anywhere from a 1 tech to a 5 tech and would give us a dynamic interior pass rush. 

If he got into the teens, I'd be looking at the cost to trade up. There should be some good front 7 options that will go in the teens and/or be available at our pick: Polite, Ferrell, Simmons, Gary, Wilkins, Allen, etc... But Oliver stands out to me as a potentially dominant DPOY type player. 

• Like 1