2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

6 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Does anybody foresee Sharif Finch being a starter next year? 

He's good depth... A good situational pass rusher... But if he's anything more than 4th on the depth chart thing into camp, JRob didn't do a good job with this position group this offseason. 

In my opinion, OLB needs to take priority in FA... I would love Clowney... But there is a ton of talent at that edge position in the FA to come up empty handed... Lawrence, Ford, Clark, Flowers, Graham, both Smith's, Barr (I think he could play edge, not sure though), Ansah... And even Duggs reuniting with Pees. 

Id also look early ish in the draft for someone to compete with Correia and Finch for the 3 spot. 

With the depth in FA  and the draft at 3-4 OLB, it'd be extremely lazy for JRob to settle with Finch as a starter (at least without bringing serious competition in) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Barr (I think he could play edge, not sure though),

I keep forgetting that Barr is a free agent. I think he'd be a great fit here as a 3-4 edge rusher.  He was one of my favorite prospects in his draft class, and he was very productive at UCLA rushing the passer.  He was still productive in Minny, but I feel like his talents were somewhat wasted as a 4-3 OLB in Zimmer's defense.  He's certainly got all the traits to be a really good 3-4 edge rusher. It'll be interesting to see how we value him.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

I was looking at mocks and surprised to see Oliver dropping out of the top 10 in a lot of them. I was sure he was a top 3-5 pick... And even though his numbers were down this year (injuries and constant double and even triple teams) but he's still a dominant force. Him and Casey both are at their best in a 3 tech position, but if have no hesitation putting them on the same line... They both have versatility to play anywhere from a 1 tech to a 5 tech and would give us a dynamic interior pass rush. 

If he got into the teens, I'd be looking at the cost to trade up. There should be some good front 7 options that will go in the teens and/or be available at our pick: Polite, Ferrell, Simmons, Gary, Wilkins, Allen, etc... But Oliver stands out to me as a potentially dominant DPOY type player. 

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/11/report-potential-top-five-pick-ed-oliver-seen-as-high-maintenance/

This could be something that could lead to an Oliver slide.

Teams are stupid if they let Oliver slide. To me he’s the arguably the best player in this draft. His freshman year was just insane. Then Houston hired the worst DC in the history of sports who brought the worst scheme of all-time where they have DL play read and react. That’s not helping someone like Oliver who is a force and needs to be getting after it most of the game. 

7 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

We talking about a jacket... A jacket! Lol... But seriously, if this is the dirt on Oliver, I'd still try to find a way to get him if he falls into the teens (might even look at going for it if he goes past 10).  Bottom line, the kid is a special talent with an unstoppable motor. He's definitely the kinda "wolf" that JRob is talking about. 

12 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

That looks awesome..

Gonna suck so bad if it rains tho 

Yep but i just hope it’s not super hot. I can do rain but standing it heat for pretty much the whole day will be insane. Also driving into that and trying to find parking will be crazy. Thank god I got a AirBnB within a mile away from broadway.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We talking about a jacket... A jacket! Lol... But seriously, if this is the dirt on Oliver, I'd still try to find a way to get him if he falls into the teens (might even look at going for it if he goes past 10).  Bottom line, the kid is a special talent with an unstoppable motor. He's definitely the kinda "wolf" that JRob is talking about. 

Oh I definitely agree. Just a little tidbit of info that could scare some teams off if he's seen as a guy that's been coddled throughout his career thus far. If he falls into the teens I hope we do everything we can to trade up for him. Putting him next to Casey would be great for our defense. 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2019/01/27/nfl-draft-nashville-free-tickets/2646411002/

For anyone thinking of going. Still would be nice if they’d announce the plans already. About to book my downtown condo for the week. Can’t wait!!!

That sounds so awesome!

I was planning on setting up a trip with my father for the draft and that weekend, but then work got in the way... need to have some stuff handled on Sunday 28th :(

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Atleast they have the Titans picking a position of need. I seen some mocks having us taking a TE or Tackle in the first. I’m not saying those 2 positions arnt positions of need but I just don’t see the Titans adding those positions in the first 2 days