2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

I feel kind of bad for Rashan Gary. Running a 4.58 at 277lbs is rare but Sweat takes all the attention. He has also looked pretty damn fluid in position drills as well, IMO. 

I have guys higher on my own board for #19, but Gary is climbing. And quickly. 

3 hours ago, 615finest said:

If Ed Oliver is within striking distance and we don’t make a move I’d be a tad upset.. He was getting top 5 consideration for awhile. Why has he dropped down all of a sudden?

Production over the past two years due to playing in a bs scheme. Plus a lot don’t like his size which I why some thought of him playing LB. To me he’s still a top 5 player talent overall. If teams let him drop out of the top 10, they’ll be regretting it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bloeddyr said:

I feel kind of bad for Rashan Gary. Running a 4.58 at 277lbs is rare but Sweat takes all the attention. He has also looked pretty damn fluid in position drills as well, IMO. 

I have guys higher on my own board for #19, but Gary is climbing. And quickly. 

Loving him more and more lately. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think he plays that fast tho. 

His game tape shows his speed & athleticism, I think 1 analysts said it best, the difference between him & Clowney & why he’s not mentioned as a top 5 pick, is because Clowney played nasty & would run through his man, sweat is more finesse & looks to run around his man

Just now, TitanRedd said:

His game tape shows his speed & athleticism, I think 1 analysts said it best, the difference between him & Clowney & why he’s not mentioned as a top 5 pick, is because Clowney played nasty & would run through his man, sweat is more finesse & looks to run around his man

I see Demarcus Ware potential watching him,  that’s if he gets stronger at the point of attack 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

The production is there unlike Gary’s 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not trying to compare the 2. Not sure where Gary fits, but don't particularly like him as an EGDE.

If you take Sweat in the first you are really betting on his potential to develop as a pass rusher. Does a good job setting the edge in the run game. Stiff as a pass rusher and doesn't bend the edge. Mostly tries to bull rush every play and if it doesn't work, doesn't have much of a counter. I think he will struggle to get sacks at the NFL level. 

One of my favorite EDGE prospects I watched was Jaylon Ferguson, but his motor was so horrible, I would never recommend taking him.

Honestly for all the talk of this being a great DL/EDGE draft, I'm not blown away by the EDGE guys.

48 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Not trying to compare the 2. Not sure where Gary fits, but don't particularly like him as an EGDE.

If you take Sweat in the first you are really betting on his potential to develop as a pass rusher. Does a good job setting the edge in the run game. Stiff as a pass rusher and doesn't bend the edge. Mostly tries to bull rush every play and if it doesn't work, doesn't have much of a counter. I think he will struggle to get sacks at the NFL level. 

One of my favorite EDGE prospects I watched was Jaylon Ferguson, but his motor was so horrible, I would never recommend taking him.

Honestly for all the talk of this being a great DL/EDGE draft, I'm not blown away by the EDGE guys.

I don’t see it I’m sorry 😐 when I watch sweat I don’t see physicality or him trying to win with power, though he is kind of stiff like Demarcus Ware, but when watch him I see a finesse LB that always trying to win with speed & get around the tackle VS running through his chest. But I want Dexter Lawrence he’s the guy for me a true 4 down player a guy that can anchor in the run game as well as collapse the pocket 

13 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Montez Sweat's tape scares me

I'm with you. I don't see 4.4 speed on tape. I don't see blazing around the edge. I don't see various pass rush moves.  Someone said Jordan Willis when describing him.  Ware had some bend to him, Sweat looks stiff. 
If we want to line him up and run go routes..lol  Cool. :)