2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

The production is there unlike Gary’s 🤷🏽‍♂️

Very true. Gary moves better and to me looks to have a better chance to improve based on his foundation.

Sweat doesn't move that way to me. Just doesn't sit well when I look at his vids.  His sacks look more like a result of others work rather than him just outright dominating.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

Yea Gary moves amazing for a guy his size, sweat does look a tad stiff especially in back drop drills. 

This is like the first draft where I truly don’t have a draft crush. NKeal Harry is the closest. 

What I'll be ok with is if players like Sweat move up and someone like Josh Allen falls to us. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea Gary moves amazing for a guy his size, sweat does look a tad stiff especially in back drop drills. 

This is like the first draft where I truly don’t have a draft crush. NKeal Harry is the closest. 

I saw one mock that had us taking him in the 2nd.  Think they had us getting Polite in the 1st.  Depending on what we did in FA, I'd be ecstatic if that happened.  

My only real draft crush is Oliver.  If he gets anywhere within striking range, I'm doing everything possible to get him.  The Titans asked him about playing Edge, which I don't agree with... but I liked his answer.  While maybe Edge is too far wide for him, maybe the 5 tech is up his alley.  Oliver and Casey would both be able to flip from 3 to 5... and even man up on the nose on passing downs.  I'd like us to get an run stopping DT... someone like Shelton or Hankins... they can rotate with Johnson/Jones.  Bringing in a 1st round rookie DE/DT opposite of Casey would be a huge upgrade

1. Casey/ Shelton/ Oliver
  2. Dickerson/Johnson/Jones

Wilkins is a close 2nd, and would play a role similar to Oliver.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I saw one mock that had us taking him in the 2nd.  Think they had us getting Polite in the 1st.  Depending on what we did in FA, I'd be ecstatic if that happened.  

My only real draft crush is Oliver.  If he gets anywhere within striking range, I'm doing everything possible to get him.  The Titans asked him about playing Edge, which I don't agree with... but I liked his answer.  While maybe Edge is too far wide for him, maybe the 5 tech is up his alley.  Oliver and Casey would both be able to flip from 3 to 5... and even man up on the nose on passing downs.  I'd like us to get an run stopping DT... someone like Shelton or Hankins... they can rotate with Johnson/Jones.  Bringing in a 1st round rookie DE/DT opposite of Casey would be a huge upgrade

1. Casey/ Shelton/ Oliver
  2. Dickerson/Johnson/Jones

Wilkins is a close 2nd, and would play a role similar to Oliver.  

Dexter Lawrence Albert Haynesworth 2.0

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Dexter Lawrence Albert Haynesworth 2.0

The couple times I saw him, he looked slow, no?  I guess it's to be expected for a man his size.  I saw you post about him earlier, being a 3 down guy.  Did you mean that he can play any down... or that you expect him to actually stay out there every snap?  Can he hold up snap after snap in the NFL?  Does he slot in as a NT?  Or can he play anywhere else on line?

I'll have to see film of his... but Wilkins pop out.  I love the motor he (and Oliver) show.  I don't get that from Lawrence, in the limited time I paid attention to him.  

55 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The couple times I saw him, he looked slow, no?  I guess it's to be expected for a man his size.  I saw you post about him earlier, being a 3 down guy.  Did you mean that he can play any down... or that you expect him to actually stay out there every snap?  Can he hold up snap after snap in the NFL?  Does he slot in as a NT?  Or can he play anywhere else on line?

I'll have to see film of his... but Wilkins pop out.  I love the motor he (and Oliver) show.  I don't get that from Lawrence, in the limited time I paid attention to him.  

He played hurt this season but at 340 the guy can move & is strong at the point of attack, he eats up double teams & pushes the pocket. He can play all downs his freshman yr he had 6.5 sacks sophomore year 2 but was doubled a lot  & this year reports are he played hurt. But he’s quick at the point of attack off the ball 

10 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He played hurt this season but at 340 the guy can move & is strong at the point of attack, he eats up double teams & pushes the pocket. He can play all downs his freshman yr he had 6.5 sacks sophomore year 2 but was doubled a lot  & this year reports are he played hurt. But he’s quick at the point of attack off the ball 

Wasn't he hurt the year before as well?  You say he's quick off the snap, but the little I've seen says otherwise... maybe it was cuz he was hurt.  Either way, durability and quickness are two things that could be of concern with this guy.  Is he a guy who could fall to the 2nd if we decide to go elsewhere in the 1st?

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

Wasn't he hurt the year before as well?  You say he's quick off the snap, but the little I've seen says otherwise... maybe it was cuz he was hurt.  Either way, durability and quickness are two things that could be of concern with this guy.  Is he a guy who could fall to the 2nd if we decide to go elsewhere in the 1st?

I said last yr he was doubled a lot, vs his freshman yr a lot of 1 on 1’s but he needs pass rushing moves hand work & a counter but I think Vrabel can coach him up. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938136/article/scouting-dexter-lawrence-raw-clemson-dt-has-big-potential

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019dlawrence.php

all his scouting reports says the same thing raw in the pass rush department quick feet explosive & very athletic to be so big can play NT or 5 tech in a 3-4 or NT & 3 tech in a 4-3.. this guy is far from slow & is very powerful pad level tends to play high a lot but I’m thinking of the fit inside with Cassey 

Man... I'm glad JRob likes drafting productive players. Some of you are crazy with this Metcalf obsession. No mention of that 3 cone or the shuttle. Think Brady did better on his agility tests. Combine that with 67 total receptions in college... And this kid shouldn't be drafted until day 3. 

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Man... I'm glad JRob likes drafting productive players. Some of you are crazy with this Metcalf obsession. No mention of that 3 cone or the shuttle. Think Brady did better on his agility tests. Combine that with 67 total receptions in college... And this kid shouldn't be drafted until day 3. 

But... But... Rage! He looks like a real life Batman!

• Like 2

How does Brady have better agility time!? That’s hilarious, I guess if we send him on all go routes he’ll be okay. Combine is going to have him drafted higher then he should. I never got that excited from his tape. I’d take Harry or Butler over him honestly