2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I don't even wanna start thinking about the potential of Oliver falling to us, because putting him next to Casey has me damn near salivating at how good our front 7 could potentially be. Especially  with a top FA pass rusher to pair next to Landry, and  a true NT like Danny Shelton for instance. Casey-Shelton-Oliver on the line and Landry/top FA pass rusher whoever it may be. Our defense would be stacked on every level at that point.

Great minds thinking alike... we should apply for co-Asst GMs (not co Assts to the GM).  We'd help JRob whip this roster into shape asap!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

My big board for #19

1. Ed Oliver

2. Christian Wilkins

3. Garrett Bradbury

4. Montez Sweat

5. Marquise Brown

6. AJ Brown

7. TJ Hockenson

8. Brian Burns

9. Dexter Lawrence

10. Noah Fant

11. N'Keal Harry

12. Dre'Mont Jones

Good board for sure. If I was to do one today with who I believe are realistic targets at 19, I’d go...

1.) Christian Wilkins

2.) Chris Lindstrom(very underrated it seems)

3.) TJ Hockenson/Noah Fant

4.) Garrett Bradbury

5.) Hakeem Butler

6.) Dexter Lawrence

7.) Dalton Risner

8.) Cody Ford

9.) Erik McCoy

10.) AJ Brown

• Like 1

Just feels like it will be Lindstrom or a bigger EDGE. I think we will view them as edge rushers and not say "oh he's a DE not an OLB and we're a 3-4" which sometimes feels like the way some people view. Landry gives us versatility at the position to drop back into coverage so I think the EDGE they choose to pair with him will be a bigger EDGE that can move inside. Think Zach Allen. Anyone we draft at EDGE has to be ready to play now, so I think that moves Allen up in their rankings. Some of the other guys aren't going to to be 3 down players day 1 like he is.

I also think they look to address EDGE in the draft over FA. I think EDGE is one of the positions where you're better off doing that. 

I also think we don't pick at 19 this year. If we do I think it's Lindstrom and we trade back up in the 2nd for an EDGE again.

My gut feeling is dexter Lawrence why for the past 3 years we have signed NT after NT after NT & have gotten 0 production in return. We’re a 3-4 but like Vrabel said we’re a interchangeable front he wants guys that can play more than 1 position. Dexter Lawrence changes that. He’s big explosive & can move he can play all 4 downs.. & can push the pocket & free up Cassey inside.. he’s raw as a pass rusher plays to high needs to work on pad level & hands, but I think he’ll be a big a solution to our NT problem 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Beast. Made Wilkins his *****

I've been getting into the idea of taking Bradbury more and more as things progress. The more I think about things, revamping our interior OLine is so incredibly important if we're going to ever improve our offense.  If we could land a guard to replace Spain in FA, draft Bradbury to be our center for the next decade, and use another pick in the first three rounds on another guard to take Kline's spot like Lindstrom (as good as Lindstrom is he seems grossly underrated.) I'd be all for it.  This is all dependent on if Ed Oliver is off the board for me though. If Oliver is on the board I'm running up to the podium with the card.

• Like 1

Tennessee Titans: The Titans had love for Mississippi State's Jeffery Simmons before he tore his ACL. And their first-round direction could still be toward the defensive line. Personnel people mentioned tight end as another need

From Matt Millers draft buzz

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I really feel like they want to hit the trenches bad this draft which means WR and OLB in FA/trade. Plus I don’t think we want another young WR. I just don’t think we’ll draft a WR high.

That’s the feeling I have. FA definetly has talent in the edge rush department, WR is scarce though which scares me. We have enough young talent at WR that’s developing. We need somebody that has proven they can play already