2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

23 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Watched a lot of Fant and Smith lately and I’ll take Fant. Better blocker despite the size. He’s definitely not a glorified slot guy. He’s not going to move people but neither does Delanie.  Fant is the better blocker of the two and by far the superior athlete. Fant to me will blow up during the draft process and become a top 20 pick.  Delanie will be 35 next year coming off a serious injury. We got to find his replacement ASAP.  Fant to me fits that. I have no problem using a 1st on him at this point. Time for Robinson to admit that Jonnu was a mistake a move on.

I understand your frustration wit jonu but I wouldn’t say move on, it’s his 2nd yr he’s raw. Hell do you recall how long it took Delanie to become all pro TE. That being said draft Delanie replacement or trade for a TE, & make jonu compete for a roster spot cause I refuse to be saying he’s raw in yr 3 ??? I’m wit you my boy ??

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I understand your frustration wit jonu but I wouldn’t say move on, it’s his 2nd yr he’s raw. Hell do you recall how long it took Delanie to become all pro TE. That being said draft Delanie replacement or trade for a TE, & make jonu compete for a roster spot cause I refuse to be saying he’s raw in yr 3 ??? I’m wit you my boy ??

In Delanie's defense, he was a plus blocker with SF and didn't break through because VD was in front of him and doing outstanding at that time. 

I understand it's only Jonnu's second year but he's shown nothing. There's not one thing he's even ok at at this point. Howard, Engram, Kittle, Njoku, Everett have all at the very least flashed. Jonnu hasn't even flashed a smile. 

• Like 2

This is a hell of a list of free agent edge rushers for free agency this year. I'm sure the top two will get tagged or resigned.

1. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, Cowboys
2. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Texans
3. Trey Flowers, DE, Patriots
4. Frank Clark, DE, Seahawks
5. Dee Ford, EDGE, Chiefs

There are not a lot of potential free agents that I like in the upcoming offseason outside of the edge rusher position. With us needing to pay Mariota and resign our own guys, I'm not sure how our cap would look if we signed one of these guys, but we are going to need to add some youth and speed to the position this offseason. It would be great to get Clowney away from the Texans and I know Vrabel has spoken very highly of him before.

Edited by TitanSS

You guys think there's any possibility that Kyler Murray turns down his baseball contract and declares for the draft? I've seen a little bit of buzz on that. He has only started 8 games, and he has obvious size concerns for an NFL QB, but that could totally change the whole landscape of the draft. 

Despite my feeling that Marcus will be here long term, you have to protect your franchise in the event that you can't reach a deal with him. 

They need to invest in a QB in the draft. Preferably 2nd or 3rd round. 

I don't get the feeling there is a true franchise guy in the draft but maybe you can find the right one for your system. 

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think it depends on your definition of long-term. New contract and here a few more years? Yeah, I think that's likely. 

Another 10 years as a franchise QB? Not unless he improves.

I think he will be here at least 3 more years. Unless we get Mahomes type deal come in. 

5th year option and 2 possible franchise tags. 

I just don't see a realistic QB option hitting our door in the next 2 years or so. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think he will be here at least 3 more years. Unless we get Mahomes type deal come in. 

5th year option and 2 possible franchise tags. 

I just don't see a realistic QB option hitting our door in the next 2 years or so. 

Exactly. And we're winning games, so even if we found one, we're likely going to have to sacrifice to get them. 

I don't really like any of the options in the draft anymore. The more I watched the less impressed I was. Herbert caught my eye when he was astounding against Stanford, but hasn't been able to follow that up.

I'm expecting Mariota to get a new contract. If not this off-season, the next.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Exactly. And we're winning games, so even if we found one, we're likely going to have to sacrifice to get them. 

I don't really like any of the options in the draft anymore. The more I watched the less impressed I was. Herbert caught my eye when he was astounding against Stanford, but hasn't been able to follow that up.

I'm expecting Mariota to get a new contract. If not this off-season, the next.

And I saw analyst make the same excuses for Herbert that they gave to Locker. "His supporting cast.... Too many drops..."  
Me personally, am not going to throw away a starting level NFL QB for a potential guy. I need the next coming of Luck. :)  Naw, but I need a prospect at the very least as solid as Watson, Rosen, Goff, etc.  

On 11/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, TitanSS said:

This is a hell of a list of free agent edge rushers for free agency this year. I'm sure the top two will get tagged or resigned.

1. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, Cowboys
2. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Texans
3. Trey Flowers, DE, Patriots
4. Frank Clark, DE, Seahawks
5. Dee Ford, EDGE, Chiefs

There are not a lot of potential free agents that I like in the upcoming offseason outside of the edge rusher position. With us needing to pay Mariota and resign our own guys, I'm not sure how our cap would look if we signed one of these guys, but we are going to need to add some youth and speed to the position this offseason. It would be great to get Clowney away from the Texans and I know Vrabel has spoken very highly of him before.

Yes please. 

15 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Yes please. 

Ziggy Ansah he missed a lot of games earlier this season wit a shoulder injury but   I think he can be had he has crazy athleticism & I think Morgan & Orakpo will be brought back on 1 year cheap deals, which is good quality depth