2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

23 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Morgan and Orakpo should not be brought back. They have done nothing all year. Go get Dee Ford and have him and Landry next year along with a rookie and Correa. 

You missed the point but you made my point. For the simple fact they’ve done nothing this year is good for us, bring em back on a cheap deal & reduces roll, good defensive line depth is so important, remember how fisher kept our DL fresh, with haynesworth, Jason Jones, tony brown, vanden Bosch, Dave ball, Jacob Ford, we literally have 0 quality at DL that can rush the passer, all our guys are run stoppers 🤷🏽‍♂️

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You missed the point but you made my point. For the simple fact they’ve done nothing this year is good for us, bring em back on a cheap deal & reduces roll, good defensive line depth is so important, remember how fisher kept our DL fresh, with haynesworth, Jason Jones, tony brown, vanden Bosch, Dave ball, Jacob Ford, we literally have 0 quality at DL that can rush the passer, all our guys are run stoppers 🤷🏽‍♂️

I mean.... I'd rather pay good players than to get bad ones cheaper, even if it is depth

Edited by Justin615$

22 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

Morgan and Orakpo should not be brought back. They have done nothing all year. Go get Dee Ford and have him and Landry next year along with a rookie and Correa. 

Exactly. We may bring 1 back, but even that's a stretch. Even on a cheap deal all they're worth to the team going forward is veteran leadership.  They both have physically lost at least 3 steps. 

I'd make more of an effort to bring back Correa. 

I'd also use the offseason to work Evans at OLB in some subpackages... Try to get our best players on the field together. (Although we do have to be cognizant that age could hit Woodyard at any point now, like it's hit Rak and Morgan this year). 

There some good options in FA too if the Titans want to make a splash there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Exactly. We may bring 1 back, but even that's a stretch. Even on a cheap deal all they're worth to the team going forward is veteran leadership.  They both have physically lost at least 3 steps. 

I'd make more of an effort to bring back Correa. 

I'd also use the offseason to work Evans at OLB in some subpackages... Try to get our best players on the field together. (Although we do have to be cognizant that age could hit Woodyard at any point now, like it's hit Rak and Morgan this year). 

There some good options in FA too if the Titans want to make a splash there. 

This is one thing that I love about the young core of ILBs that we currently have in Jayon and Evans. Jayon has already played some OLB this year at times and been effective. I'm sure Evans could do the same.  Having two young athletic Inside Backers that can rush the passer and play either inside or out is a huge benefit for us and something I've wanted us to have on our defense for a long time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can we realistically afford any of the pass-rushing talent that could hit free agency? We may have the cap room, but with a couple big FA CB signings can we put that money towards the defense?

If Clowney were to make it past the tag, I could see Vrabel wanting to bid big for him. We also know how we like former Patriots, so Flowers is possible.

There are a number of interior and edge rushers I like in the first round also.

We have cap space available, but some teams have an insane amount. Colts have over 120M and are a playoff contender?!  Houston has 68M?!

Were projected to have any 42M...which is middle of the pack. We can make some moves to create more (cutting Cyp and Kline gets us to 50, for instance), but we really don't need to do that just for space. 

But e can afford a few players, even with the crazy contacts that are now norm. 

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We have cap space available, but some teams have an insane amount. Colts have over 120M and are a playoff contender?!  Houston has 68M?!

Were projected to have any 42M...which is middle of the pack. We can make some moves to create more (cutting Cyp and Kline gets us to 50, for instance), but we really don't need to do that just for space. 

But e can afford a few players, even with the crazy contacts that are now norm. 

And that's with Mariota accounting for about 20 mil against the cap right? So when he does get his contract it's not going to be a significant difference from what he'll account against the cap next year? 

It doesn't seem that realistic to get one of the top guys, especially if other teams have that kind of cap space, but getting a legit edge rusher would help a lot.

If we don't, it looks like the we should be taking one in the first round.

I don’t even know if I’d want this team to throw a big amount at Clowney especially with his injury history. Lawrence is who I’d want but I get the connection with Vrabel of course. Still can’t believe the Texans have that much cap space. Honestly it doesn’t matter. Colts have a ton of cap and are having a good year and their QB is already locked up long term. Going to be tough once they get their defense set and adding someone like Bell on offense. They have the cap to add Bell and someone like Clowney or Lawrence to their defense. Sad times again for us Titan fans....smh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And that's with Mariota accounting for about 20 mil against the cap right? So when he does get his contract it's not going to be a significant difference from what he'll account against the cap next year? 

It doesn't seem that realistic to get one of the top guys, especially if other teams have that kind of cap space, but getting a legit edge rusher would help a lot.

If we don't, it looks like the we should be taking one in the first round.

21M...yeah. An extension would bring his number down. But again, not that dire. The whole roll over thing really changed the way the cap is treated. 

But we can definitely offer to money if there's someone we really wanted. Only priority free agents we have are Spain and Vaccaro.