2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

something else from a website I trust. Pay attention to the news about Sweat.. Could he drop to us?????

2019 NFL Draft Week - Tuesday Rumors

Updated April 23, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

The 2019 NFL Draft is just two days away! Here are some rumors I have heard from sources with the draft just hours away.

• In speaking to sources, the Giants are keeping things close to the vest, but if they draft a defensive player in the top 10, it might be an expected name who has rarely been linked to them. I'm hearing that two defensive prospects in play for the Giants are LSU linebacker Devin White and Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver. General manger Dave Gettleman wants legit values for each pick, with both White and Oliver possessing some special rare traits to make them appropriate values for the sixth-overall pick in the eyes of many evaluators.

A non-pass rushing linebacker and an interior defensive lineman are not the biggest needs for the Giants' defense, but Gettleman wants game-changers. Oliver could help New York's pass rush from the inside, while White would improve the team's defense in the middle of the field in both phases. If the Giants don't take a quarterback with the sixth-overall pick, Oliver and White are top candidates for that pick if they are available.

• NFL Network, among other outlets, has reported that Mississippi State edge rusher Montez Sweat was removed from some draft boards because of concern over a heart condition. WalterFootball.com has spoken with two teams that have flunked Sweat medically and pulled him from their board. One NFC general manager of a team that is in the market for an edge rusher in the first round said they didn't drop Sweat, but they put him down with a "high-risk grade."

On Tuesday night, sources from another team that liked Sweat as a player and were okay with him medically said they were going to pass on him because of character concerns. Sweat's character issues have been described as relatively minor throughout the draft process, and they were a known factor that played into his transfer from Michigan State to Mississippi State. Between the medical and character issues, Sweat looks like he is in store for a significant slide in the 2019 NFL Draft.

• A lot of attention has been paid to Florida edge rusher Jachai Polite and his disastrous leadup to the 2019 NFL Draft, which has removed Polite from being a high first-round candidate to being a second-day prospect, at best. Polite should have returned to school for another season, and he is not the only Gators defender who teams holds in that regard. Linebacker Vosean Joseph entered the draft, but that sounds like a mistake as some teams dropped him from their draft boards because of character issues. Joseph needs development as a player, and adding in makeup concerns could cause him to slide deep in the 2019 NFL Draft. Don't be surprised if Joseph slips to Day 3.

• The Steelers have had a tumultuous year-and-a-half with the loss of star wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le'Veon Bell. Many have assumed that Pittsburgh was in good hands replacing Bell with James Connor and Jaylen Samuels, but the Steelers are still looking hard at adding more talent talent to the backfield. In speaking with team sources, one running back in play for the Steelers is Texas A&M's Trayveon Williams. It sounds like Williams could be in play for their third-round pick, and they have other backs who are in contention for other slots after the first round. The Steelers may not use a premium pick at those positions, but they are interested in more skill position depth and competition.

• Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2019-NFL-Draft-Week---Tuesday-Rumors#ixzz5luvFXuDi

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2019-NFL-Draft-Week---Tuesday-Rumors#ZMWB4gU4T1PVgcSa.99

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Getting Sweat like we did Landry last year would be pretty sweet. 

Agreed.  I'd take Sweat over Wilkins, honestly.  There's more depth in the DL class.

Even with a few teams red flagging him for the heart thing, I can't imagine he falls to us.  Maurice Hurst had the exact same condition, and he started 10 games last year and played well.  It's really hard for me to picture that many teams seeing that and still taking him off the board.  Especially if they need pass rushers and the top guys are already gone, and it's a top 5 talent or a lesser player filling a lesser need.  Just takes one team.

34 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  I'd take Sweat over Wilkins, honestly.  There's more depth in the DL class.

Even with a few teams red flagging him for the heart thing, I can't imagine he falls to us.  Maurice Hurst had the exact same condition, and he started 10 games last year and played well.  It's really hard for me to picture that many teams seeing that and still taking him off the board.  Especially if they need pass rushers and the top guys are already gone, and it's a top 5 talent or a lesser player filling a lesser need.  Just takes one team.

And I have a heart condition. Never made a dent in my athletic playing career. Even low level  D2 play for a bit. I was on meds for a big and the doctor said if anything the meds would help me because it would keep my heart rate low and wouldn't get tired.  
Even now off meds, I have great endurance.   (giggdy).

But if he has anything similar then it shouldn't keep a team from drafting him. I'd take him at #19.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Daniel said:

well, its not really that Hurst played 10 games and played well. Its the worry that his career could all of a sudden come to an end at any moment. See Chris Bosh in the NBA who had to retire for what I believe was a similar thing and Brandon Ingram for the Lakers  who was the number 2 pick in the 2015 NBA draft I believe, is only 22 years old, a great young player, and now his career might be in serious danger in regards to HIS heart issue.. Its a big thing to worry about but if the doctors sign off on it, go right ahead.

Edited by Airness McNairness
  • Like 1

Here is my final mock draft:

Round 1: Trade back from #19 a few spots and select: Jerry Tillery (DE/DT) Notre Dame (Titans hosted Tillery on an official 30 Private visit)

Round 2: Greg Little (OT) Ole Miss (Titans hosted Little on an official 30 Private Visit). Little will be moved to Guard.

Round 3: Joe Jackson (OLB/DE) Miami (Titans hosted Jackson on an official 30 Private Visit)

Round 3 Received from trading back in Round 1: Gary Jennings (WR) West Virginia (Titans hosted Jennings on an official 30 Private Visit)

Round 4: Blake Cashman (MLB) Minnesota (Titans hosted Cashman on an official 30 Private Visit)

Round 5: Isaiah Wharton (CB) Rutgers. (Titans attended Wharton's Pro day as well as Privately working him out)

Round 6: Sione Takitaki (OLB) Brigham Young (Titans hosted Takitaki on an official 30 Private Visit)

Prediction: I believe Wilkins will be selected in the 10-12 range. With that happening, JROB will look to slide back a few spots to pick up an additional 3rd round pick, and still be able to select Tillery, who has outstanding pass rush potential.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

Here is my final mock draft:

Round 1: Trade back from #19 a few spots and select: Jerry Tillery (DE/DT) Notre Dame (Titans hosted Tillery on an official 30 Private visit)

Round 2: Greg Little (OT) Ole Miss (Titans hosted Little on an official 30 Private Visit). Little will be moved to Guard.

Round 3: Joe Jackson (OLB/DE) Miami (Titans hosted Jackson on an official 30 Private Visit)

Round 3 Received from trading back in Round 1: Gary Jennings (WR) West Virginia (Titans hosted Jennings on an official 30 Private Visit)

Round 4: Blake Cashman (MLB) Minnesota (Titans hosted Cashman on an official 30 Private Visit)

Round 5: Isaiah Wharton (CB) Rutgers. (Titans attended Wharton's Pro day as well as Privately working him out)

Round 6: Sione Takitaki (OLB) Brigham Young (Titans hosted Takitaki on an official 30 Private Visit)

Prediction: I believe Wilkins will be selected in the 10-12 range. With that happening, JROB will look to slide back a few spots to pick up an additional 3rd round pick, and still be able to select Tillery, who has outstanding pass rush potential.

Gonna be honest. I'd be feel pretty underwhelmed with this draft. 

Have no reason why other than not the names I like. Lol. 

But I don't like the west Virginia WRs either. 

I’m going... 

1st - Brian Burns, OLB, FSU - Damn good athlete with production to back it up. Needs to improve in the run game but if he falls to 19, he should be the pick. We go from a very slow pass-rush group with Orakpo and Morgan to Burns and Landry. Defense needed to get more athletic and finally has.

2nd - JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford - Big fan of JJ. Not an elite athlete but more than adequate. High points the ball and wins with his size. WR group goes from Davis, Taylor, and Sharpe(lol) to Davis, JJ, and Humpries. No more excuses for the Mariota homers.

3rd - Khalen Saunders, IDL, Western Illinois - I’ve felt this guy is going to be Titan since the senior bowl. Just fits that Titan mindset and JRob likes his small school guys. Very good athlete for his size.  Very quick first step

4th - Max Scharping, IOL, Northern Illinois - Experienced starter who has played LT and RT but fits better inside. Doesn’t have great feet but does anchor well and fits best in a zone scheme.

5th - Tommy Sweeney, TE, Boston College - Watched a good amount of his games last year and he’s the definition of a Titan. We love our good blocking TEs with reliable hands. Think a slightly more athletic Stocker with better hands. I think he’s perfect for this team.

6th - Tyrel Dodson, ILB, Texas A&M - Need depth at this position and someone to push Bates for SPT. Local kid 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m going... 

1st - Brian Burns, OLB, FSU - Damn good athlete with production to back it up. Needs to improve in the run game but if he falls to 19, he should be the pick. We go from a very slow pass-rush group with Orakpo and Morgan to Burns and Landry. Defense needed to get more athletic and finally has.

2nd - JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford - Big fan of JJ. Not an elite athlete but more than adequate. High points the ball and wins with his size. WR group goes from Davis, Taylor, and Sharpe(lol) to Davis, JJ, and Humpries. No more excuses for the Mariota homers.

3rd - Khalen Saunders, IDL, Western Illinois - I’ve felt this guy is going to be Titan since the senior bowl. Just fits that Titan mindset and JRob likes his small school guys. Very good athlete for his size.  Very quick first step

4th - Max Scharping, IOL, Northern Illinois - Experienced starter who has played LT and RT but fits better inside. Doesn’t have great feet but does anchor well and fits best in a zone scheme.

5th - Tommy Sweeney, TE, Boston College - Watched a good amount of his games last year and he’s the definition of a Titan. We love our good blocking TEs with reliable hands. Think a slightly more athletic Stocker with better hands. I think he’s perfect for this team.

6th - Tyrel Dodson, ILB, Texas A&M - Need depth at this position and someone to push Bates for SPT. Local kid 

I wasn’t a big JJAW fan at the beginning of the draft process because he seemed so slow but I’m starting to open up to him the more I watch

• Like 1

I'm thinking that an interior lineman might be the pick in the first unless they can trade down.  Simmons would be my bet for the first overall pick if I had to put money on a specific player though.

Probably Samuel or Whiteside in the second in that scenario.  Nate Davis in the third, Takitaki in the fourth?

I'd be happy with that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Gonna be honest. I'd be feel pretty underwhelmed with this draft. 

Have no reason why other than not the names I like. Lol. 

But I don't like the west Virginia WRs either. 

I absolutely agree. Based it heavily off of who we’ve interacted with and shown the most interest in over the last few months. In an ideal world, I would take Wilkins or Burns in Round 1, but I actually think both will be gone by the time we pick at #19.

GUYS, I’m seriously worried that Rashan Gary is going to fall to #19, and we’re going to take him. I know he’s a physical freak, but man, I see BUST all over him. Anyone else worried about this? Gahhhh

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

I absolutely agree. Based it heavily off of who we’ve interacted with and shown the most interest in over the last few months. In an ideal world, I would take Wilkins or Burns in Round 1, but I actually think both will be gone by the time we pick at #19.

GUYS, I’m seriously worried that Rashan Gary is going to fall to #19, and we’re going to take him. I know he’s a physical freak, but man, I see BUST all over him. Anyone else worried about this? Gahhhh

NAH, not how Jrob wants production out of his draft picks. the guy has never produced and now reports are out that he has a slight shoulder tear that will require surgery at some point. I'm almost certain we wont pick him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm thinking that an interior lineman might be the pick in the first unless they can trade down.  Simmons would be my bet for the first overall pick if I had to put money on a specific player though.

Probably Samuel or Whiteside in the second in that scenario.  Nate Davis in the third, Takitaki in the fourth?

I'd be happy with that.

I think simmons actually could be the pick. especially after reports are coming out that he could be back to play the last 8 games of the season.

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

I think simmons actually could be the pick. especially after reports are coming out that he could be back to play the last 8 games of the season.

I think it is possible that our 1st rounder this year is kind of like last year with Rashaan --  didn't come in for a private visit, in order to not tip other teams off. The other rounds though, I think we stick to only private visits/private workouts as our selections. I still think Burns and Wilkins will be gone by #19, though, so at that point, I can sure as heck justify a SIMMONS pick.

• Like 1