2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

Wilkins isn’t worth trading up for IMO. He’s a solid player but I personally don’t see him ever becoming a game changer. Simmons is easily the better player but obviously has the ACL injury. The Drew Lock rumor or we’ll just call it bs hilarious. Let’s just say we did draft Lock, we’d go from injury prone QB with terrible pocket awareness to another QB who is garbage feeling the pocket. Robinson’s pick for QB is coming but not this year.

I don't put any stock into the Drew Lock rumors. With where our Franchise is at right now, I'd say us taking a QB this year would probably be the most shocking pick in Franchise history lol. It does make me wonder if we've even met with any of the top QBs this year though. I haven't seen anything about us meeting with any of the top tier guys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Titans wanting Wilkins fits what "The Guy" said.  From my understanding he has the best mix of character, talent and work ethic among those they are interested in the 1st. If he was to get close enough I wouldn't rule out a trade up, but as Robinson said he doesn't exactly want to cut into his number of draft picks. And as good as Wilkins is, is he worth a trade up?

I mean, if he gets past the Falcons, it's worth exploring, if the cost was low.  However, doing so would mean likely having to trade down in the second or way down in the third to recoup value.  And as much as I love Wilkins, there are so many great defensive tackles in this class, I wouldn't do it unless the price was insanely low, like giving up a fourth or less.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Truth!!!

I do find it somewhat ironic that PK is saying that while the guy talking had a HOF career playing with Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin but was thought to be a bum while playing without those guys.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I do find it somewhat ironic that PK is saying that while the guy talking had a HOF career playing with Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin but was thought to be a bum while playing without those guys.

Also a very good, spot on, assessment 😂

Edited by Airness McNairness

43 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Truth! 

Those guys were great without Kurt. But he wasn't great without them. 

For what is worth, the site I told you guys about before (walterfootball.com) that has accurately predicted the Titans' first round pick the last two years in regards to Adoree in 17 and Rashaan last year via "sources", their top draft guys have made last minute changes to their mocks today. They BOTH have changed the Titans' pick to DT Dexter Lawrence. This smells of insider knowledge because they both have updated their mocks over the last 3 days and have NEVER had us picking the same player. Now, the day of the draft, they mock us a guy they both had never mocked to us the entire draft season. I smell something brewing.

Edited by Airness McNairness
  • Like 1

I'd be ok with Lawrence, but I'd be much better if that was the result after a trade down to acquire more draft capital. 

I think the only pick I'd really question from the likely/probable guys at would be Metcalf. 

If I can't get Wilkins at 19 (or a pass rusher who fell), I'm big on trading down into the mid 20s and taking any of the guys projected in that range (the Gs, Tillery, Lawrence, a WR/TE, etc) 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

For what is worth, the site I told you guys about before (walterfootball.com) that has accurately predicted the Titans' first round pick the last two years in regards to Adoree in 17 and Rashaan last year via "sources", their top draft guys have made last minute changes to their mocks today. They BOTH have changed the Titans' pick to DT Dexter Lawrence. This smells of insider knowledge because they both have updated their mocks over the last 3 days and have NEVER had us picking the same player. Now, the day of the draft, they mock us a guy they both had never mocked to us the entire draft season. I smell something brewing.

Dexter Lawrence been my pick since the beginning for reason being we have signed & wasted money on NT position the past 2 years. Lawrence can play all 4 downs & push the pocket inside 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Dexter Lawrence been my pick since the beginning for reason being we have signed & wasted money on NT position the past 2 years. Lawrence can play all 4 downs & push the pocket inside 

my thoughts exactly. we've tried with sly Williams, and bennie logan. didn't address it this year thru FA. I think he might be the pick if wilkins, burns, or hockenson isn't there.