3. Jaylon Ferguson OLB/  Chase Winovich OLB

4. Joe Jackson/Derick Roberson DE/OLB

5. Greg Little T/G

My wish list is as follows:

1. AJ Brown

2. Cody Ford

3. Deebo Samuel

4. Eric McCoy

I'd also accept one of the BPA guys.  Someone like Jawaan Taylor or Rock Ya-Sin doesn't fit a need, but they should have been taken way before 51.  We'll need a RT and a CB next year anyway, and the 2019 draft is more about the 2020 season than the 2019 one anyway.

I expect there will be a lot of DBs selected between the beginning of the second and pick 51.  BPA, according to my rankings, are AJ Brown, Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Deebo Samuel, Eric McCoy, Rock Ya-Sin, and Byron Murphy.

But unless a pass rusher is truly the best player available, it's probably better to get an offensive fit after they spent the first one on defense.  Get a pass rusher later, as almost any contribution by a rookie will give us a better pass rush than we had in 2018.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My wish list is as follows:

1. AJ Brown

2. Cody Ford

3. Deebo Samuel

4. Eric McCoy

I'd also accept one of the BPA guys.  Someone like Jawaan Taylor or Rock Ya-Sin doesn't fit a need, but they should have been taken way before 51.  We'll need a RT and a CB next year anyway, and the 2019 draft is more about the 2020 season than the 2019 one anyway.

I expect there will be a lot of DBs selected between the beginning of the second and pick 51.  BPA, according to my rankings, are AJ Brown, Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Deebo Samuel, Eric McCoy, Rock Ya-Sin, and Byron Murphy.

But unless a pass rusher is truly the best player available, it's probably better to get an offensive fit after they spent the first one on defense.  Get a pass rusher later, as almost any contribution by a rookie will give us a better pass rush than we had in 2018.

Why would we need a RT next year it’s going to be Conklin or kelly 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Why would we need a RT next year it’s going to be Conklin or kelly 🤷🏽‍♂️

Both are at the ends of their contracts, and we'll be short on cash.  Kelly might be a lot more expensive next time since he's viewed as a starting quality RT.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Both are at the ends of their contracts, and we'll be short on cash.  Kelly might be a lot more expensive next time since he's viewed as a starting quality RT.

We won’t be short on cash we can free up almost 30 mill in releases & you can create cap space in extensions or restructuring. I don’t see both back but I doubt we let both walk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We won’t be short on cash we can free up almost 30 mill in releases & you can create cap space in extensions or restructuring. I don’t see both back but I doubt we let both walk

exactly. I'm counting on Conklin bouncing back this year.. its very telling tho as around the league we see guys having their 5th year options picked up and Conklin's still hasn't been.

31 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We're gonna need to extend Byard and probably Mariota.  That alone will eat up a lot of cap space.

Then there's the fact that we lose a ton of important players, so we will need to pick up more depth players.  Here are the free agents for 2020 we haven't already talked about: Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, Wesley Woodyard, Ryan Tannehill, Kevin Pamphile, Kamalei Correa, Derrick Henry, Tajae Sharpe, and LeShaun Sims.

And that's only the ones we'll really miss.  There are way more further depth guys as well.  We'll definitely be hard up for cash, even if they can make some favorable moves.

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We're gonna need to extend Byard and probably Mariota.  That alone will eat up a lot of cap space.

Then there's the fact that we lose a ton of important players, so we will need to pick up more depth players.  Here are the free agents for 2020 we haven't already talked about: Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, Wesley Woodyard, Ryan Tannehill, Kevin Pamphile, Kamalei Correa, Derrick Henry, Tajae Sharpe, and LeShaun Sims.

And that's only the ones we'll really miss.  There are way more further depth guys as well.  We'll definitely be hard up for cash, even if they can make some favorable moves.

The salary cap rises every year & again you can move money around wit restructures. Again I see us losing 1 not 2 especially when it comes to keeping mariota upright 

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

we will make the money work. guys come and go. you have to build identify and build around your core guys.

• Like 1

Now that the draft is over, the meaningless grades come out. In addition to how meaningless all these draft grades are, I have to preface this additionally with the standard "its PFF, so take it for what that's worth"... 

They graded us and the Jags as Excellent, the Colts as average, and the Texans below average... https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2019-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams

TENNESSEE TITANS

Round 1 (19): DI Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State

Round 2 (51): WR AJ Brown, Ole Miss

Round 3 (82): G Nate Davis, Charlotte

Round 4 (116): S Amani Hooker, Iowa

Round 5 (168): Edge D’Andre Walker, Georgia

Round 6 (188): LB David Long Jr., West Virginia

Day 1: 

The Titans very quietly snagged one of the best players in the 2019 NFL Draft at No. 19 by selecting former Mississippi State defensive interior Jeffery Simmons. Off-field issues and an offseason injury likely pushed him out of the top 10, but Simmons’ play between the whistles is premier. He had a run-defense and pass-rushing grade over 90.0 this past season, and the big man finished as PFF’s No. 8 overall player in the class.

“On the field, he’s an extremely powerful man. He walks back guards, walks back centers. He has probably the best bull rush of any of these interior guys in this class… If you could build a defensive tackle in terms of size, weight, length, it would look like Jeffery Simmons.” – Pro Football Focus’ Lead Draft Analyst

Day 2:

Tennessee picked up another steal at pick No. 51 in former Ole Miss wide receiver AJ Brown. While he primarily worked from the slot in his collegiate career, Brown did have some success playing outside down the stretch of last season in wake of DK Metcalf’s injury and very well could play a hybrid slot/outside role in the NFL. He’s a monster after the catch, as well, with great speed and elusiveness.

31 picks later, the Titans continued to find value, selecting PFF’s No. 74 overall player in the class at pick No. 82, Charlotte guard Nate Davis. He allowed all of four pressures on 234 pass-blocking snaps this past season between tackle and guard. He’ll end up at the latter in the pros.

Day 3:

Tennessee finished what was already a great draft with two more outstanding picks on Day 3.

Iowa safety/cornerback Amani Hooker, PFF’s No. 44 overall player in the class, is a steal having come off the board at the top of the fourth round. His 91.1 coverage grade last season was the second-highest of any defensive back in the country.

West Virginia off-ball linebacker David Long Jr. is another value pick for Tennessee in the sixth round. He earned an 83.5 pass-rush grade across his 129 pass-rush snaps in 2018, ranking 10th among off-ball linebackers with 50 or more pass-rush snaps.

DRAFT GRADE: EXCELLENT

• Like 1

For what it's worth from Pete Prisco:

Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

I love this pick. When you look at the tape, the guy who was dominating for Mississippi State was Simmons. He was  dominating on the interior. This kid has a chance to be one of the most dominant interior linemen in two years. You could have made a case for getting a weapon for Mariota, but this pick makes a ton of sense. Love, love this pick. Grade: A

• Like 1