2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

19 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Of course this is all a moot point until we get our OLine taken care of, but Darrell Henderson from Memphis is my favorite running back in the draft. He's the type of game breaker we need on offense.

He kind of looks a bit like CJ2K would've looked running the read option.

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I want Josh Allen in the first round, but he's probably going to be gone. I like Montez Sweat as well.

For some reason I don't think he will test well. Reminds me a little of Bud Dupree. But Dupree tested better than I thought. 

I think Allen will be an 15-23 pick in first round. 

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't know if we're taking a first round WR just yet. We have a huge need at edge and there are a lot of pass rushers.

If we spend big on one of the edge rushers that changes.

I like Kelvin Harmon a lot.

Yeah I think we need a vet WR and a high level pass rusher, for me I'd prefer someone that can some push up the middle. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I think we need a vet WR and a high level pass rusher, for me I'd prefer someone that can some push up the middle. 

I would too, but unless they think Finch is a long term starter outside I don't think we have that luxury. Morgan and Orakpo are done and I don't think either comes back.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I would too, but unless they think Finch is a long term starter outside I don't think we have that luxury. Morgan and Orakpo are done and I don't think either comes back.

Even if they think Finch is starter material, it’s a position you need good depth at it. Morgan and Orakpo should be done here. Both have no athleticism any more. Sure they might be solid in the run game but I’ve seen numerous times Morgan lose contain and didn’t have any athleticism to make up for it. We need to continue to add considering our pass-rush IMO is still weak. We should be able to rush 4 and get consistent pressure and we’re not even close to that IMO. Landry and Finch are definitely good starts though. I’d love to add one of the top level pass-rushers specifically Lawrence but I can’t see it. I think we go cheap this offseason and spend very little. Maybe 1-2 starter level guys but certainly not top level guys. I’d like to add a veteran receiver and I like Tate for that. Hell I wouldn’t be against adding two veteran receivers. Then focus on the defense and interior OL in the draft. Unless we can find a start quality interior OL in FA.

Yeah, Finch hasn't shown enough, and I don't think he can show enough before the season ends, to warrant EDGE not being our #1 need. I think that's an incredibly unrealistic expectation.

I think we are relatively cheap too. I'm thinking we bring in a veteran OG to replace Spain and probably a veteran WR that no one is happy with to add to our group of WRs. I think they are going to be happier with the trio or Davis/Taylor/Sharpe than most people think.

Then in the draft we take the best EDGE in the first round and an iOL to groom and eventually start in the 2nd/3rd round.

I think most people will be unhappy with our off-season because FA looks bleak and there's only so much we can add in the draft. I think people are going to want a bigger investment in WR than they are going to give us just due to what's available and our team needs.

If Tate becomes available that would be great, but I could see us adding someone like Quincy Enunwa or Tyrell Williams if he doesn't.