2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

No interest in Hollywood Brown. He is not breaking any 1 on 1 tackles in the open field. A guy like that needs to be able to make defenders miss in open space. 

If we wanted to add pure speed I wonder if Cinncinati is ready to give up John Ross for a mid-late pick yet.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

No interest in Hollywood Brown. He is not breaking any 1 on 1 tackles in the open field. A guy like that needs to be able to make defenders miss in open space. 

If we wanted to add pure speed I wonder if Cinncinati is ready to give up John Ross for a mid-late pick yet.

I think he's shown just enough this year for them not to give up on him yet, although his durability is definitely a big concern.

Kaden Smith is the player I want the most in this draft so far. Will be interesting to see how he times, but he's amazing at going up to get the ball. Would really help us with TDs instead of FGs.

I'm not really interested in the smaller TEs like the 240lb Fant this year. Great athlete though, but I want that all around player and not just a heavy slot receiver.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Kaden Smith is the player I want the most in this draft so far. Will be interesting to see how he times, but he's amazing at going up to get the ball. Would really help us with TDs instead of FGs.

I'm not really interested in the smaller TEs like the 240lb Fant this year. Great athlete though, but I want that all around player and not just a heavy slot receiver.

He's a guy I want to look at more. I find it hard to believe that you can play in Iowa and not be at least a serviceable blocker.

But to the larger point, IMO, TE is the biggest need right now. Marcus seems to badly miss Delanie, and given his age and the severity of his injury it wouldn't be wise to bank on Delanie returning to form.

For me the top needs are TE, C, WR, OLB

• Like 1

Fant was only about 234 last year. I can't imagine someone being  able to block at that weight. He's finally listed at 242 or something this year. 

Personal ly, I'd rather have the 6'5" 255 lb Kaden Smith bulked up to 260 than a more athletic guy bulked up to 245. I want someone who can really block on the edges so we can make the most of this outside zone.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

First time watching Herbert. Not impressed at all.

I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing by the score he hasn't played well. I'm about to turn it on.

I'm watching Haskins now and I wouldn't draft him. I've seen about 3 of his games and I dont think he's an NFL QB. Also wouldn't touch the C, Michael Jordan, for OSU.

I saw all of Herbert against Stanford and he was impressive as hell, but it seems as if he has been underwhelming nearly every game since then.

32 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing by the score he hasn't played well. I'm about to turn it on.

I'm watching Haskins now and I wouldn't draft him. I've seen about 3 of his games and I dont think he's an NFL QB. Also wouldn't touch the C, Michael Jordan, for OSU.

I saw all of Herbert against Stanford and he was impressive as hell, but it seems as if he has been underwhelming nearly every game since then.

I’m intrigued by Haskins in a pro style offense. Don’t think the Urban Meyer offense is a great fit for him. 

I knew nothing about Garnder Minshew being the #1 passer in college football this year. I didn't even know who he was. I saw him make some good throws on their last drive and was like, this Uncle Rico looking mf is good.

So I looked him up and they call him Uncle Rico and he's the #1 passer in the NCAA and has a 151 QB rating this year lol. 

I'd have to watch more of him. He's was JUCO before this year and wasn't good.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I knew nothing about Garnder Minshew being the #1 passer in college football this year. I didn't even know who he was. I saw him make some good throws on their last drive and was like, this Uncle Rico looking mf is good.

So I looked him up and they call him Uncle Rico and he's the #1 passer in the NCAA and has a 151 QB rating this year lol. 

I'd have to watch more of him. He's was JUCO before this year and wasn't good.

He's playing my favorite prospect for us in Kaden Smith next week; I'll have to watch that.

Watched a lot of Fant and Smith lately and I’ll take Fant. Better blocker despite the size. He’s definitely not a glorified slot guy. He’s not going to move people but neither does Delanie.  Fant is the better blocker of the two and by far the superior athlete. Fant to me will blow up during the draft process and become a top 20 pick.  Delanie will be 35 next year coming off a serious injury. We got to find his replacement ASAP.  Fant to me fits that. I have no problem using a 1st on him at this point. Time for Robinson to admit that Jonnu was a mistake a move on.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I would have to very easily disagree about Fant being a better blocker. From what I saw he struggled when asked to block in-line and was often manhandled by linebackers just throwing him to the side who then went on to make a play on the ball-carrier. When they actually lined him up tight they liked to run it wide and have him kind of sweep out and block in space as opposed to blocking in line that often ( VS Ohio State 2017, VS Wyoming 2017).

Smith, I could only find one tape to judge him on besides live action (VS USC 2018), but I love him as a blocker. He was also asked to block DEs and LBers more often than Fant was, as Fant lines up in the slot more often than Smith.

Fant is certainly the better athlete, and potentially the better receiver (I think Smith has better hands), but I don't think he's even close to Smith in terms of blocking and I think Smith is the better player overall despite him probably not blowing up the combine.

Edited by TitanSS