Who killed you this week?

EaglesPeteC

On 9/23/2018 at 5:14 PM, tgrades3 said:

Made a last second decision to pick up Bortles & start him over dalton. Evan engram got hurt & started Chris Thompson over will fuller at flex. 

Also had the vikings defense who got absolutely shredded which resulted in my kicker (Bailey) getting 0

& a last minute catch by juju saves me to win by a point ?

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

So far I’m 14-1 this season. My only lose came this week putting up the second most points of the week...none of my players had flop games, but what do you do when your opponent has Brees, Ridley, Evans, etc

Yeah, that's where I'm at in my money league. I have no doubt that I have the second best team in the league. The problem is, looking at this other guys roster, there's no way I'm going to win it all. This guy has Mahomes / CMC / Kamara / Evans / Juju in a full ppr league. Even his TE is good if he stays healthy the whole season (Reed) and his flex spot is a revolving door of Cooper / Jones jr / Agholor / and Hyde.  I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat that roster when it comes down to it. 

Drew Brees was pretty bad for me this week.  Gronk has now been outscored by three of the 4 tight ends I have played this year, including this week (Eifer). Ironically, the only tight end he's outscored was the best opposing tight end I've played - Travis Kelce. Since then, he's been outscored by Austin Sefarian Jenkins, George Kittle, and now Tyler Eifert. Proving once again, that drafting tight ends high appears pretty foolish. 

I also killed myself to some degree. Sat several studs who had big games. Chose to stream the Chargers defense over the Packers. 

That being said, up by 22 points. I am playing one of the worst teams in the league and got a bit fortunate. He has Emmanuel Sanders left to go, while I have Flacco and Lindsay going, so it should probably be fine.  Certainly not one of my finest performances though. Would have lost to every other team in the league outside of the guy I played and two others. 

James Conner and pittsburg not willing to try to run the ball even with the game being close for 3/4s of the game and Lamar Miller/Texans. At one point, I thought miller would start killing the clock, I believe he had 4-5 runs of 6 yards of more on a drive only to have watson throw an int and that started the colts comeback. 

I had my best game of the year but i am only up 14. The team i am playing still has Manny Sanders. I hate Fantasy football.

Lost by 3. Howard's 4.5 points was killer and Conner's lack-luster performance put the nail in the coffin for my first L of the year (which I'm pretty proud of considering the fact I wasn't told the league got changed from standard to PPR and thus drafted my team for standard scoring).

57 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

the crazy thing is i almost streamed him...Thank God I was able to get Dalton.

A guy in my league lost Jimmy last week and picked Tannehill up to stream this week, leaving me Flacco. I was pretty happy with that. 

James Conner... I needed a TD and I'd win... and Ben ignores him on the backside screen (where he had blockers and few men to beat) to force it into double-coverage to AB short of the line to gain on the sideline...

Other league: Drew Brees and by what-effected-me... Michael Thomas.

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

James Conner... I needed a TD and I'd win... and Ben ignores him on the backside screen (where he had blockers and few men to beat) to force it into double-coverage to AB short of the line to gain on the sideline...

Other league: Drew Brees and by what-effected-me... Michael Thomas.

I like how the note after yesterday were Conner got phased out because of the game flow...but it was 14-14 for a good part of the game. 

There was the one pass that ben threw it to him but seemed like ben threw it to his outside shoulder so he tried to one hand it and didn't get it but had he did, it looked like he had a ton of running room....

So now i anxiously wait MNF where I am up 14 with Manny Sanders left for my opponent. 

Archived