Injuries thread (Update: Fluellen to IR.)

titans0021

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What’s the expected time table to recover from the type of injury he suffered?

I don't think we were ever given any information on the grade of the tear or exactly how bad the break was, so no way or knowing for sure. A broken ankle usually heals in roughly 6 weeks per some googling, but ligament repair/severity of break/etc can all make it take longer.

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

FWIW:

No idea if I’m thinking of the right guy or not, but isn’t this Dr. Chao guy the guy that everyone was saying isn’t credible or something along those lines when Marcus hurt his ulnar nerve?

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

No idea if I’m thinking of the right guy or not, but isn’t this Dr. Chao guy the guy that everyone was saying isn’t credible or something along those lines when Marcus hurt his ulnar nerve?

Yes, and for broad context, he isn't credible, but he knows more than your average joe.

11 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I don’t think its possible for him to come back this season. I hope it’s possible what an addition he would be but It seems like a pipe dream.

I had to deal with Gordon Hayward’s injury last year in October and it is now the middle of November and he’s still not himself and probably won’t be himself until January.

I don’t know how close both injuries were but they were very similar 

On 11/15/2018 at 9:23 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

Yes, and for broad context, he isn't credible, but he knows more than your average joe.

In general no armchair doctor is credible. Injuries - whether in sports or otherwise - are unique to each person. Anyone speaking in anything other than generalities can't possibly know the specifics for a certain player as they haven't seen x-rays, reports, etc. But yea this was the sketchy Chargers doc who has been sued into submission. 

Archived