Injuries thread (Update: Fluellen to IR.)

titans0021

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep figured that’s what it would’ve been. Smh

Firkser time I guess

My question is, will we really see much of a drop off? I know Firkser isn't really a blocker but it's not like Jonnu is great at it either. Obviously he's not as athletic but he might have the best hands on the team.

Edit:

things get scary for us if lewan or kelly gets hurt, but otherwise losing conklin isn't much of a blow, as sad as that is to say.

jonnu's gonna hurt, i think. he really improved by leaps and bounds over the course of the season, and i think we'll miss him more on the blocking side of things.

Firkser is a natural receiver and gets better releases, runs better routes, and is better at catching away from his body than Smith.

Jonnu Smith was blocking a lot at the LOS and was starting to become decent at it. I don't think Firkser, at 6'1 245 (he looks closer to 230), can fill that role but it would be awesome if he became a two dimensional player.

Smith was also a lot more athletic, but we hasn't been used downfield very often. Firkser won't have that same speed to get that long TD.

So far Firkser looks like a big slot WR.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Firkser is a natural receiver and gets better releases, runs better routes, and is better at catching away from his body than Smith.

Jonnu Smith was blocking a lot at the LOS and was starting to become decent at it. I don't think Firkser, at 6'1 245 (he looks closer to 230), can fill that role but it would be awesome if he became a two dimensional player.

Smith was also a lot more athletic, but we hasn't been used downfield very often. Firkser won't have that same speed to get that long TD.

So far Firkser looks like a big slot WR.

yeah, jonnu showed huge improvement blocking-wise and i think we'll miss that. it'd be great if firkser could fill in there, but i wouldn't count on it. i actually wonder if we'll bring back jalston fowler.

Damn it. He was just starting to get it imo. Oh well heal up with Walker and hopefully Anthony can keep surprising us lol.

On another note did anyone find out why Marcus had that thing on his hand? was it the cold or what?

6 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Damn it. He was just starting to get it imo. Oh well heal up with Walker and hopefully Anthony can keep surprising us lol.

On another note did anyone find out why Marcus had that thing on his hand? was it the cold or what?

It's not the cold. He was on the injury report for a day this week. So something is going on with it. Not the nerve thing, reportedly. I'm not sure the purpose of that tape.

EDIT:
It's called Kinesiology tape. 
"Despite it's flexibility, Kinesio tape is supposed to stabilize muscles and give the athlete awareness of muscle engagement, known as proprioception. In addition,  some claim that it slightly lifts the skin away from the muscle, which is supposed to help reduce swelling and promote blood flow to the muscle." 

Archived