Injuries thread (Update: Fluellen to IR.)

titans0021

I said this after the first injury in Miami, and after two more injuries from the same deal, I'm even more concerned that because it's a nerve issue that there could be a serious long term affect on Marcus' career. If it can get aggravated or reinjured every time his arm is hit, or he falls on it, how long does something like that actually take to fully heal if it ever does?  I know the team is going to downplay it, but I'm genuinely starting to worry about Marcus' long term health, and I can only assume that every time he aggravates that nerve he's weakening it more and more to a point where one of these times that strength in his grip/arm might not ever actually come back to a level that's adequate for an NFL QB.  Really sad to think about a guy's career potentially getting completely derailed over such a freak injury.   

At this point I’m just worried about his health long term. Not even really worried about him as our future QB anymore, I think he’s too injury prone. I just hope he can still grip his surf board when it’s all said and done so he doesn’t lose surfing too. 

Not sure how much this vegan trend has affected our injuries... But apparently there are 15 Titans that have gone vegan in the past 2 seasons, and the list (from what I've gathered) includes:

Morgan (the ring leader) - missed 3 full games this year, 5 the past 2 seasons 

Orakpo - about to miss his 3rd full game this year 

Casey - IR, had only missed 1 game the past 4 seasons 

D Murray - hurt all year last year, out of the league this year 

D Jones - IRed last season, has been a ghost this season 

Woodyard - missed 2 games this season 

R Matthews - turned into a freaking "kitty cat" 

A Johnson - another disappearing act

I'm not debating animal rights here or anything. I can see the benefits of eating healthier, more energy, lighter on your feet, etc. But does the lack of animal protein just not let these guys (especially in the trenches) effectively bang it out all year long without injury? Casey's out and Jones and Johnson have been nearly invisible this year. The 3 lbers who made the change will miss 8 full games combined this year, and Morgan and Rak look significantly slower than they did even a year ago. 

I know injuries happen... Mariota, Delanie, Ryan... But it seems to be affecting these vegan based diet guys at a much higher %. I think it's something definitely worth keeping an eye on. 

15 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Not sure how much this vegan trend has affected our injuries... But apparently there are 15 Titans that have gone vegan in the past 2 seasons, and the list (from what I've gathered) includes:

I'm not debating animal rights here or anything. I can see the benefits of eating healthier, more energy, lighter on your feet, etc. But does the lack of animal protein just not let these guys (especially in the trenches) effectively bang it out all year long without injury? Casey's out and Jones and Johnson have been nearly invisible this year. The 3 lbers who made the change will miss 8 full games combined this year, and Morgan and Rak look significantly slower than they did even a year ago. 

I know injuries happen... Mariota, Delanie, Ryan... But it seems to be affecting these vegan based diet guys at a much higher %. I think it's something definitely worth keeping an eye on. 

I hear ya loud and clear, saw someone on Twitter mentioning it, too.

But who knows. These guys are banging bodies with other massive men all day...not sure if a vegan diet or a keto diet is going to keep an MCL from snapping. But seriously...who knows.

25 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The vegan thing has been going for like 3 years now, no? And looking at each of their history tells quite a bit too.

Most may have forgotten it just cause of how consistent he's been, but in Washington Orakpo had multiple injures. Murray dealt with injuries his entire career. Woodyard missing 2 games is hardly noteworthy and again was fine last year despite being on a vegan diet. Casey being as healthy as he's been in his career is abnormal. D-linemen all get hurt sooner or later(well, pretty much all of them anyway) and even then his injury is minor compared to what a lot deal with.

I dunno how much their diet has to do with it, but I think it's probably looking far too much in to it.

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The vegan thing has been going for like 3 years now, no? And looking at each of their history tells quite a bit too.

Most may have forgotten it just cause of how consistent he's been, but in Washington Orakpo had multiple injures. Murray dealt with injuries his entire career. Woodyard missing 2 games is hardly noteworthy and again was fine last year despite being on a vegan diet. Casey being as healthy as he's been in his career is abnormal. D-linemen all get hurt sooner or later(well, pretty much all of them anyway) and even then his injury is minor compared to what a lot deal with.

I dunno how much their diet has to do with it, but I think it's probably looking far too much in to it.

I probably am looking too much into it... And the change in strength and conditioning staff could be the better correlation. 

We just hadn't seen this degree of injuries in a while. Football outsiders had us the 2nd healthiest team in 2016 with 32.5 adjusted games lost, and 3rd last year with 27.6 agl. We're the only team that was in the top 5 both years and only 1 of 3 teams that landed in the top 10 both years. 

They haven't released this stats yet, but it's clear we won't be in the top 10 this year. To be fair though, both Delanie and Cyp aren't mentioned in the vegan reports. They wont count Matthews in this report (I don't think), but he should be, and the injury should be qualified as being soft, attributed to going vegan. 

Archived