Injuries thread (Update: Fluellen to IR.)

titans0021

My biggest hope is that Mariota was near 100%, but with Lewan, Conklin and Kelly out, they knew that the gameplan was going to be to take the air out of the football and primarily stick to short, safe passes, and they were comfortable enough with Gabbert to let Marcus get fully healthy rather than risk disaster with our fourth and fifth tackles. But that is obviously the most optimistic scenario.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

There's this too:

yeah i mean i don't know this guy and i wouldn't take anything he says as gospel, but i didn't really see it as a flip-flop given what we know about the nature of this type injury- that its effects can range from very mild and temporary to long-lasting. his initial prediction was immediately after the game, but then he got much more concerned when he knew marcus was still having grip issues a week later, which he wouldn't have expected from a milder variant of the injury.

guess the bottom line is we still don't really know what this is gonna look like moving forward and will just have to hope for the best. which is incredibly frustrating/worrying for our season prospects, but fingers crossed, i suppose.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah i mean i don't know this guy and i wouldn't take anything he says as gospel, but i didn't really see it as a flip-flop given what we know about the nature of this type injury- that its effects can range from very mild and temporary to long-lasting. his initial prediction was immediately after the game, but then he got much more concerned when he knew marcus was still having grip issues a week later, which he wouldn't have expected from a milder variant of the injury.

guess the bottom line is we still don't really know what this is gonna look like moving forward and will just have to hope for the best. which is incredibly frustrating/worrying for our season prospects, but fingers crossed, i suppose.

Nice

39 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My biggest hope is that Mariota was near 100%, but with Lewan, Conklin and Kelly out, they knew that the gameplan was going to be to take the air out of the football and primarily stick to short, safe passes, and they were comfortable enough with Gabbert to let Marcus get fully healthy rather than risk disaster with our fourth and fifth tackles. But that is obviously the most optimistic scenario.

This staff has shown they are going to side with caution with everyone injured. They have gone an extra week rather than a week short. 

Davis, Orakpo, Morgan, Evans, Butler... whoever was banged up they have taken the cautious route. So I guess it's no surprise to see them do it with our QB. 

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

so basically...we really don’t have much of an idea how long this is gonna take. could be fine by sunday, could take a month. 

Vrabel said this in the press conference he's doing right now too. Said Marcus could wake up tomorrow and be perfectly fine, or it could take a while longer.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I liked what Firsker had to offer. 
That's two moves for one. Shouldn't there be a spot left? Add back Durden? 
Also, I like that Robinson is never done with the roster.  Seems like years past, whoever was on the roster was ON the roster. No additions, subtractions...just there.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i still just....don’t understand this

I think it comes down to the type of throws he can and cannot make. If the throw requires a ton of velocity, he can't make it. Dink and dunk/short stuff, he's probably fine on.

It's a question of "Is Mariota who can only throw half the passes in the playbook better than Woodside", and the answer is probably yes.

So thinking about it I can buy going with Mariota as the #2 as you didn't really know he wouldn't be able be good to go until Wednesday/Thursday last week..however, not signing a Matt Moore, Mark Sanchez, etc type this week to back up Gabbert when they'd have the full week to learn the playbook this week is a bit beyond me.

Archived