Injuries thread (Update: Fluellen to IR.)

titans0021

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Worst case scenario not feeling in his hand ruins his career. Glove adds grip but won't give feeling he'll need when throwing.

Yeah, it's not about helping a small hand grip a ball better... its about just not feeling that ball in your hand... these QBs grab and hold the ball by feel, its like an extension of their hand... but  now he doesn't know if hes gripping or holding it correctly.  He cant feel if he put the proper spin... heck, not even being able to feel if the balls still in your hand on a play action (or if you dropped it when it hit the RBs torso). 

It's crazy how something as small as a tiny clump of nerves can impact every day life... and for a qb that could be their career

41 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Here's the article I saw a few times... at least the tweet and scouting report that was referenced in the article I saw on my feed. 

While it does look like the injury did hurt his last few games in college, it didn't ruin his pro career.  I think it is pretty much a given that he wasn't going to be a QB in the NFL. So it's hard to know how much it impacted his NFL career.  Being a RB, it looks like (according to the always accurate Wikipedia) that foot/leg injuries along with being found passed out partially submerged car ended his NFL career. 
According to the report, his nerve came back twice as strong as before.
However it took longer to heal than expected. So in Mariota's case, maybe he isn't back as soon as expected ?

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Worst case scenario not feeling in his hand ruins his career. Glove adds grip but won't give feeling he'll need when throwing.

Well yeah, that is the WORST case scenario, but based on the information we know and his standing now, the worst case scenario for him seems to be that the feeling never comes back 100% and he needs a glove to be as close to normal as possible. 

Based on reports, he is able to be #2 QB. And I think he is just that because they want to be careful with him and allow it to get as good as it could be. 
Now, if his hand was the "new norm" then I think  he could play, but he wouldn't be the QB he once was...and what that looks like who knows. 
Matt Cassel? or Same arm strength but not the same control?

Everyone talks about how injury prone Marcus is. But I seem to remember a injury prone QB we had back in the day and we praised him for being tough and playing through injuries. 

Marcus reminds me of him. He got his ankle messed up vs CLE his rookie and finished and won us the game.  He almost got his knee blown out vs MIA his rookie year shouldnt of went back in but ken was trying to save his job but he still finished that game. Last year vs the colts. Hes legit played with one leg. Cant run. And wins us the game. Now last week vs MIA he shouldnt of come back in if he couldnt feel his hand. Did anyways and might of cost us the game with those two picks idk I think he would've played this week but Lewan Jack and kelly. were out and they didnt wanna risk it but the kid is tough. Starting to think hes Steve tough.

I think he plays this week!

The one thing that sticks out to me about this is it’s a case of performance most the time when you have a injury your main concern is will you make it worse playing that does not seem to be the case here instead the injury legitimately limits his ability to play so how effective is he 70% 90%. That is the number I imagine that controls when he plays and why it is okay to have him as a no 2

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Marcus is the Bob Sanders of quarterbacks. Highly talented but his body doesn't hold up to the NFL's punishment. 

I really don't want this to be true, but it's hard to look at a 4 year long pattern and consciously expect something different. 

Steve was always hurt and no one said he was made of glass. But its whatever When ever Marcus is out there we have a great chance to win. Do I think sunshine can beat his old team? Why not. He's had struggled most of of his career but he has had good games here and there. I mean he beat them last year. Threw for 243 and two TDs vs the jags. 

Idk if we want to rest Marcus one more week and get him ready for a huge game vs the super bowl champs at home then im okay with it.  

We really need Conklin Lewan and Evans to play this game.  

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

Steve was always hurt and no one said he was made of glass. But its whatever When ever Marcus is out there we have a great chance to win. Do I think sunshine can beat his old team? Why not. He's had struggled most of of his career but he has had good games here and there. I mean he beat them last year. Threw for 243 and two TDs vs the jags. 

Idk if we want to rest Marcus one more week and get him ready for a huge game vs the super bowl champs at home then im okay with it.  

We really need Conklin Lewan and Evans to play this game.  

McNair also played in a different era where the QB could get hit. He led this team to a lot more than what Mariota has as well. If we were going to the playoffs, it might be different. Mariota has played 4 seasons and has been hurt every year.

Archived