Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titans0021

Injuries thread (Update: Morgan out several weeks)

Recommended Posts

This is a thread to wallow in the misery of all of the injuries. Also, if there's time, to celebrate the career of this man, who apparently was the most important member of the Titans organization.

Image result for steve watterson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcus seems ok, he said he was glad to know Lewan is ok so hopefully that means both are back next week. Adoree came back and finished the game.

Walker seems to be the only real loss out of this, but sadly its a huge loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Marcus seems ok, he said he was glad to know Lewan is ok so hopefully that means both are back next week. Adoree came back and finished the game.

Walker seems to be the only real loss out of this, but sadly its a huge loss.

Yeah, if they're sending Marcus out for the presser, I have to imagine he's alright. I'll wait on Lewan, not unheard of for concussion symptoms to get worse, and he was legit KO'd. Evans, Landry and Conklin. Who knows? Heading into the second game of the year, to asking about the status of your starting QB, TE, LT, RT and your first two draft picks is just brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

 

I'd expect him to. Though, I'm curious as to what minor ailment would affect your grip and feeling in your fingers for hours, but not be anything to really worry about in a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'd expect him to. Though, I'm curious as to what minor ailment would affect your grip and feeling in your fingers for hours, but not be anything to really worry about in a week.

Hit the nerve hard enough and it can do it. I know I've hit my elbow and had issues with feeling in it for hours. A doctor posted a vid on twitter talking about it too saying he wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus just fine next week(but said it depended on how severe the hit was, cause can actually pinch/damage the nerve overall too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TitanLegend said:

Hit the nerve hard enough and it can do it. I know I've hit my elbow and had issues with feeling in it for hours. A doctor posted a vid on twitter talking about it too saying he wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus just fine next week(but said it depended on how severe the hit was, cause can actually pinch/damage the nerve overall too).

Ah, yeah, that would be the sensible explanation. Nobody really seems overly concerned about it, so hopefully he can put in a relatively full week of practice. Though I think it's a lock he's listed as questionable no matter how he's feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, titans0021 said:

Ah, yeah, that would be the sensible explanation. Nobody really seems overly concerned about it, so hopefully he can put in a relatively full week of practice. Though I think it's a lock he's listed as questionable no matter how he's feeling.

I've got serious issues with out training staff letting him go out and play when he has no real feeling in his hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I've got serious issues with out training staff letting him go out and play when he has no real feeling in his hand.

If he was being honest with the trainers, I have absolutely no idea what they were thinking. If he was lying to the trainers, I have no idea what he was thinking. Especially after the first interception. Sending him back out there after the delay was insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, titans0021 said:

If he was being honest with the trainers, I have absolutely no idea what they were thinking. If he was lying to the trainers, I have no idea what he was thinking. Especially after the first interception. Sending him back out there after the delay was insane.

The trainers knew exactly what happened, they were examining his elbow, even cut off whatever he had on his wrist to try and help with the circulation, and Mariota was constantly shaking his hand on the sideline trying to get the feeling back.

I mean there's no health risk to sending him back out I wouldn't think so I guess blaming them isn't really fair, but feels like if they informed Vrabel that "hey, Marcus can't feel anything in his throwing hand" the obvious solution is to sit him.

So maybe the blame should be laid at Vrabel's feet.

Marcus tried to play on a screwed up hamstring vs Houston, he's not gonna take himself out of a game unless he has no other option. Coaches need to step in when it comes to him I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

 

Titans will be in the TE hunt in the draft or in FA next offseason. Not sure how well Delanie plays after an injury like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. Hate it for Delanie. Hope he can heal up 100% and give the Titans at least two more good years. First significant injury of his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×