DeShone Kizer (A Browns fans view)

hornbybrown

DeShone is a great kid who I really hope goes well.

Strengths 

Good Athlete

Good arm strength 

pretty good at navigating the pocket

Weakness 

To slow to process what he sees

really bad accuracy 

edit to add I sincerely do hope that if Rogers is out for awhile that DeShone does well, really tough situation to be thrown into 

I can be patient. I thought Hundley still had a chance after his learning experiences last year. The things I am not patient about are mistakes that are related to things that have been pounded into your head since pee wee football. Kizer still makes fundamental errors. That's scary. If he doesn't value the football by now, when will he ?

24 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I have a hard time blaming Kizer for the pick 6.  The Bears send a two man rush and they get to the QB untouched?  I realize it was a screen but you still have to give the screen a second to develop.  

There's no excuse for throwing a pick in that spot. Throw it into the ground or take the sack. Winning NFL QBs don't blindly chuck the ball. Live to fight another day.

Horrible situation to be thrown into - Mack and the D were making mincemeat of McCray and our OL. Rodgers had barely connected with any of his passes before he was knocked out of the game.  

I thought Kizer showed exactly why the Packers brought him in.  He made a couple of beautiful throws. The talent is there. 

In terms of learning to take care of the ball there is no QB better to learn behind than Rodgers. And he's still only 22. There's time for him to get it.

It is easy to say after Sunday, but I don't see it with Kizer. I'd rather have a mediocre athlete that had 2-3 years starting in college with intangibles (someone in the Flynn mold). He showed us what he showed Cleveland last year, a couple nice throws, mediocre accuracy, and negative decision making. It is the anti Josh Allen argument.

7 minutes ago, British said:

I thought Kizer showed exactly why the Packers brought him in.  He made a couple of beautiful throws. The talent is there. In terms of learning to take care of the ball there is no QB better to learn behind than Rodgers. And he's still only 22. There's time for him to get it.

I agree. I think the physical stature and talent is there. Whats between the ears and how well that computer computes - we'll find out - but the process has just started - which I prefer to (possibly) rehashing Hundley. Personal view and I'm not a QB coach but I was kinda over Hundley.

Archived