DeShone Kizer (A Browns fans view)

hornbybrown

Hundley never looked as good as he did in that first pre-season.  Either something went wrong or it's a lesson never to take much notice of pre-season.

But Kizer is a better prospect from the start who was mistreated by the imbecile Hue Jackson on a foul Browns team.  It may take a while to recover from that ordeal but he's certainly in the right place to figure it out.  

The int was a brilliant play by Mack, he seemed to drop back right at the moment Kizer released it.  Kizer won't face many better than him this year. 

6 minutes ago, British said:

Hundley never looked as good as he did in that first pre-season.  Either something went wrong or it's a lesson never to take much notice of pre-season.

But Kizer is a better prospect from the start who was mistreated by the imbecile Hue Jackson on a foul Browns team.  It may take a while to recover from that ordeal but he's certainly in the right place to figure it out.  

The int was a brilliant play by Mack, he seemed to drop back right at the moment Kizer released it.  Kizer won't face many better than him this year. 

It wasn't a brilliant play by Mack to pick it off. Kizer threw that **** blind falling back. There's no excuse for making that throw.

Hue Jackson was considered a hot shot coach until he went to Cleveland. One year with Kizer and the Browns and his reputation is shredded. He's already had more success this year than his one year with Kizer under center.

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hue Jackson was considered a hot shot coach until he went to Cleveland. One year with Kizer and the Browns and his reputation is shredded. He's already had more success this year than his one year with Kizer under center.

Not hard to do considering he didn't win a game last year. He also never won much before Kizer got there, 1-15 the year before. He also didn't last more than 1 year in Oakland. His reputation being shredded was his own doing, not Kizers. Most Head Coaches are fired with a track record like that.

Watching Hard Knocks made me realise Jackson is a nice man that is completely out of his depth.  The way he switched round QBs the past two years, including a rookie, is classic idiotic behaviour.  The man cannot make a decision.

Also he tried to trade a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron!  Absurd!

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It wasn't a brilliant play by Mack to pick it off. Kizer threw that **** blind falling back. There's no excuse for making that throw.

Eh, not sure his reputation was too high when he was 1-15 before ever even laying eyes on Kizer.

2 hours ago, British said:

Horrible situation to be thrown into - Mack and the D were making mincemeat of McCray and our OL. Rodgers had barely connected with any of his passes before he was knocked out of the game.  

I thought Kizer showed exactly why the Packers brought him in.  He made a couple of beautiful throws. The talent is there. 

In terms of learning to take care of the ball there is no QB better to learn behind than Rodgers. And he's still only 22. There's time for him to get it.

While his one or two quality throws may have shown why he was brought in, the rest of the night showed why he was available despite having elite physical talents.  Wildly inaccurate, putrid decisions and for the most part, play that could single handily lose you a football game.  On Sunday he showed the exact sort of play that was the single biggest reason Cleveland went winless last year.  It's unfortunate that he went through an offseason, camp and preseason with Green Bay with little to no improvements.  All the physical tools in the world don't matter if you are inept between the ears.  He reminds me a lot of Jamarcus  Russell.  A guy who was able to get through high school and college because of his great physical tools but it all fell apart in the NFL when you've got to be smart and good. 

Hopefully AR12 isn't hurt to bad because this looks like a two or three win team with Deshone Kizer at the helm. 

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

While his one or two quality throws may have shown why he was brought in, the rest of the night showed why he was available despite having elite physical talents.  Wildly inaccurate, putrid decisions and for the most part, play that could single handily lose you a football game.  On Sunday he showed the exact sort of play that was the single biggest reason Cleveland went winless last year.  It's unfortunate that he went through an offseason, camp and preseason with Green Bay with little to no improvements.  All the physical tools in the world don't matter if you are inept between the ears.  He reminds me a lot of Jamarcus  Russell.  A guy who was able to get through high school and college because of his great physical tools but it all fell apart in the NFL when you've got to be smart and good. 

Hopefully AR12 isn't hurt to bad because this looks like a two or three win team with Deshone Kizer at the helm. 

Kizer choked for sure but come on he didn't look "wildly inaccurate" or even regular inaccurate.  Made some good throws and some bad decisions.

6 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Kizer choked for sure but come on he didn't look "wildly inaccurate" or even regular inaccurate.  Made some good throws and some bad decisions.

We'll have too agree to disagree.  He missed on multiple throws and IMO was bailed out by Cobb on another.  That's not even taking into account the sky hook that he tossed to Mack.  That wasn't an accuracy issue, that was Kizer showing how inept he is between the ears. 

2 hours ago, SSG said:

We'll have too agree to disagree.  He missed on multiple throws and IMO was bailed out by Cobb on another.  That's not even taking into account the sky hook that he tossed to Mack.  That wasn't an accuracy issue, that was Kizer showing how inept he is between the ears. 

Outside of the interception - Kizer looked better at moving the ball than Rodgers did pre-injury. We did absolutely nothing on offense before Kizer came in and if anything he actually gave us a bit of a spark.

He's got a way to go but I'm not going to throw him under the bus for one panic brain fart that occurred at a time the team was falling apart and the pass rushers were getting through pretty much every snap. Rodgers couldn't do anything under those circumstances either - I personally wouldn't have traded for him but equally not going to judge him on that either.

6 hours ago, Leader said:

I agree. I think the physical stature and talent is there. Whats between the ears and how well that computer computes - we'll find out - but the process has just started - which I prefer to (possibly) rehashing Hundley. Personal view and I'm not a QB coach but I was kinda over Hundley.

Exactly. If the Packers gave a much less athletic Brett Hundley three years, is it too much to ask to give Kizer at least a full year? 

I still think the physical tools are there for Kizer to be be a good QB.  The decision making needs to improve, but that can be fixed.  He's young. He tries too hard to make the play and needs to learn that it's ok to throw it away (sometimes) or take the sack.  He ran into a buzz saw on Sunday that had Rodger's looking average to start the game.   I'm not ready to give up yet.

41 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

I still think the physical tools are there for Kizer to be be a good QB.  The decision making needs to improve, but that can be fixed.  

That's the main issue--can he sufficiently develop the mental side of the game in terms of better decision making (Also better, more consistent accuracy)? While I myself am skeptical that he will sufficiently develop these things, nevertheless, like Hundley, we need to give it a bit of time, at least a season or two, before giving a definitive answer on that. I mean, it's not an issue of him lacking the physical tools.

Archived