Wk 1 postgame: GB 24 • CHI 23

Cakeshoppe

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Clay has been like this for a couple of years now.  He still has a motor, but his angles totally suck and he gets washed out a lot, or whiffs on too many tackles.  I think it’s possible for him to be coached....if he’ll allow it.

And doesnt ever contain.

3 minutes ago, Kenrik said:
4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Clay has been like this for a couple of years now.  He still has a motor, but his angles totally suck and he gets washed out a lot, or whiffs on too many tackles.  I think it’s possible for him to be coached....if he’ll allow it.

And doesnt ever contain.

yep. hes too reckless out there. and hes too old to overcome things

Good: 

12.  Wow.  

30 - How many huge blitz pickups didn't he have tonight?

Secondary.  Wow.  That was some football.  Even on the bigger gains, everything seemed contested.  

D Line and 50.  Nagy did not make that easy on them.  That was one impressive effort.  

93 - He wasn't perfect, but he looked like our 2nd best OLB the entire game. 

Bad: 

The Bears are good.  Straight up.  They have a talented roster and a very good OC.  Their last 15 QB's would have given that game up in the 3rd quarter.  

Ugly: 

The new offensive playbook.  MM is the obese kid that was supposed to throw out the rest of his 5 year old Halloween candy and instead he's sitting in the corner of the garage stuffing himself on it. 

Matthews playing 85% of the defensive snaps because Pettine doesn't trust 51 on the field.  I wouldn't either.  

People are still saying the Bears are good?  Trubisky averaged 4.8 yards per attempt.  That's unequivocally NOT good.  He had that great play by Robinson on that contested ball (Alexander) to help those numbers and still managed less than 5 yards per attempt. 

Don't let that first quarter fool you.  Trubisky did not have a good game. 

2 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Aaron playing on one leg for the next few weeks or how ever long isn’t unchartered territory as we saw with his calg

but I’m tired of McCarthy not starting off games with more up tempo calls and keeping Aaron in the pocket

He will now! At least for the next few weeks I’d imagine. Probably see how things look coming off the bye. But even then, tonight’s second half needs to be the damn tempo and play calling they go with. Bears couldn’t stop anything the entire second half. 

Archived