Wk 1 postgame: GB 24 • CHI 23

Cakeshoppe

Just now, incognito_man said:

Oh guys come back in every game after ligament sprains (ankles most common)

No doubt on ankles. Gotta think it's different with knees though. Especially Rodgers. That whole, can it get any worse thing ?  LIS, what do I know. MM will tell us what it was in December

Pro:

All the young DB’s. Jaire has a nasty streak and enjoys attacking backs at the line. I love that in a CB. 

Rodge is simple the GOAT.

Williams on blitz pickup in the second half. 

Defense as a whole after the first drive. 

Cobb. Never should have doubted you. 

Cons: 

Clay. Wtf were you thinking? 

Backside contain. 

IOL blocking in the first half. 

The defense held up, but it was the Bears after all.  Personally, the Safety play tonight kind of sucked.  Both Brice and HaHa were taking some bad angles and never seemed to close the back door.  On the other hand, our CB play really picked up in the second half.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I didn't get to watch much of the Vikes game today. How'd they look?

Honestly, not bad.  They do still have some Oline issues, but Cousins looked fairly solid.  Thielen had another big game, and Cook was solid in his return.  Their defense frustrated Garropollo much of the day also.  It’s going to be a tough test for sure.  I just hope Rodgers doesn’t get killed.  I’d actually really like some payback on those chumps.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't get to watch much of the Vikes game today. How'd they look?

49ers fumbled inside the five once and the Vikings received a gift pick six when the WR fell down.

Otherwise, Cook was nothing special (I have his dead *** in fantasy).  Either the 9ers are tougher than were expected OR the Vikes peaked last year.

Archived