Wk 1 postgame: GB 24 • CHI 23

Cakeshoppe

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We only allowed 16 points.  16 points after that start and Matthews had one of his worst games ever. 

HOW IS THIS NOT THE BEST DAY EVER?!?!?!

Other than the patented opening drive TD given (hope we get rid of that soon), we only gave up FGs and they were in the RZ a couple of times. It was really nice tbh.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If Clay Matthews gets even to 2017 form, we're winning the Super Bowl.  He had a bad game.  How about Randall EFFING Cobb!?!?!?!

I am so happy right now.  Season is saved.  I love all of you. 

Clay had a terrible game. I honestly think Gilbert needs to replace Clay

Just now, cannondale said:
2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i have already went there, typed stuff out and then deleted it, and praised myself to myself for taking the high road

I gave them a little bit - only because they had the gall to come here mid-game

i aint judging,man :)

they did come in and talk smack. 

they deserve anything what they get

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Clay had a terrible game. I honestly think Gilbert needs to replace Clay

Have you ever tried to drive a RC car in your living room? It either goes too fast and crashes on random furniture or too slow and you get bored. That's Clay right now.

I felt like outside of Kizer, and our backside pursuit which extended a ton of Howard runs, the team played really well. 

Pros

16 points given up by the D. No tds after drive one. It seemed like once they figured out the first game tricks, the D was great.

AR once they got in a rhythm. First game, tackles haven’t played, you can’t drop back as far and extend plays

Coverage down field was solid

Cons

The entire first half. I thought our season was over

The rush lost contain too much

Kizer and the boneheaded int6

Defense struggled in the 1st quarter which isn't too surprising. Pettine still figuring out his players and the Bears came in with a completely new offensive scheme and new weapons. After that they really put the clamps down....this despite having to be on the field quite a bit with how abysmal the offense was in that 1st half. I was raging on that 2nd to last drive where they let the Bears march down the field for a FG to go up 6 late but there was no doubt they were a bit fatigued. All in all they really helped keep this within striking distance

This game was so crazy. For damn near 40 minutes it was pretty much a Bears fans dream. THey were up big, Mack was a one-man wrecking crew and they knocked Rodgers out. Then the Boogeyman returned and caused more nightmares for the Bears as he's often done

Still reeling over this win. Soooooo many emotions in such a short span of time. From disgust at the on field performance to dismay over the possibility of the season already being torpedoed again with Rodgers down, to extreme jubilation. This game had it all

It's damn good to have football back.

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

Have you ever tried to drive a RC car in your living room? It either goes too fast and crashes on random furniture or too slow and you get bored. That's Clay right now.

Clay has been like this for a couple of years now.  He still has a motor, but his angles totally suck and he gets washed out a lot, or whiffs on too many tackles.  I think it’s possible for him to be coached....if he’ll allow it.

Archived