Titans TE Delanie Walker dislocates ankle - likely out for season

pwny

Worst start to a season I can remember. Mariota injured and taken out, Lewan knocked out of the game, Walker out for the year, our 1st and 2nd round draft picks - Evans and Landry - still injured from the offseason and didn’t suit up. Not to mention the 60 yard TD run by Henry that got called back because of a ghost holding penalty in which the defender was actually the one who ripped Walkers face mask. Oh yeah, and it all lasted 7 hours. Just a brutal and bizarre game. Adoree and Woodyard were atleast able to make it back in from their injury scares.

Here’s the penalty I mentioned on Walker just so y’all don’t think I’m a bias homer spewing nonsense...it’s just a hard pill to swallow..

For a league shoving PR about player safety down the public's throat, to have a game go 7 hours was just stupid.  It didn't feel like a real game. It was just crazy. Walker should have been back in Nashville by the time he broke his ankle. 

It was only an 7 point loss, but it felt greater because of this injury and the ridiculous conditions in which the game was played. 

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That sucks, Walker was a talented TE and seemed like a good person off the field. Given his age, I think this is the end of the road for him, but we'll see.

I can see how people could think that....but just gave him an extension and is a pillar of the team/locker room.  He will be back. Might not be elite level, but he will be back. 

Delanie means so much to the offense in terms of production, even if the ball isn't being thrown his way, and he's a fantastic blocker.

I dunno how many non-QB players in the NFL exist that if they're lost a team's season might be over, but Delanie might very well be that. I have no idea how we'll replace him. I know most NFL fans know who Delanie Walker is and know he's good, but I still don't think most know just how good he is. LaFleur really gonna have to earn that pay check...

9 hours ago, Danand said:

Might as well be. I had sort of the same injury (profile pic taken after doctors tried to pull it back into place) and I have never fully recovered, mostly because the leg is an inch shorter and theres a lot of bone on bone action going on.

Obviously Walker is a superior athlete and the injury might not be as bad, but the nature of the injury is something which takes a while to recover fully from. Its not like the injury Darby sustained last year.

That looks insane. They must of put you on some bomb meds to be smiling! 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

That looks insane. They must of put you on some bomb meds to be smiling! 

We don't use pain killers that much in Denmark, that picture is mostly acting for the camera, the sequences before the picture was taken was pretty intense.

They mentioned he had ligament tears as well with the fracture, at worst his achilles tendon snapped as well.

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

For a league shoving PR about player safety down the public's throat, to have a game go 7 hours was just stupid.  It didn't feel like a real game. It was just crazy. Walker should have been back in Nashville by the time he broke his ankle. 

It was only an 7 point loss, but it felt greater because of this injury and the ridiculous conditions in which the game was played. 

So was not penalizing Branch for a blatantly dirty crackback block to the head. The league is becoming a joke. 

Archived