Titans TE Delanie Walker dislocates ankle - likely out for season

pwny

14 minutes ago, Danand said:

We don't use pain killers that much in Denmark, that picture is mostly acting for the camera, the sequences before the picture was taken was pretty intense.

They mentioned he had ligament tears as well with the fracture, at worst his achilles tendon snapped as well.

How did you ruin it lol? 

9 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Worst start to a season I can remember. Mariota injured and taken out, Lewan knocked out of the game, Walker out for the year, our 1st and 2nd round draft picks - Evans and Landry - still injured from the offseason and didn’t suit up. Not to mention the 60 yard TD run by Henry that got called back because of a ghost holding penalty in which the defender was actually the one who ripped Walkers face mask. Oh yeah, and it all lasted 7 hours. Just a brutal and bizarre game. Adoree and Woodyard were atleast able to make it back in from their injury scares.

Here’s the penalty I mentioned on Walker just so y’all don’t think I’m a bias homer spewing nonsense...it’s just a hard pill to swallow..

One of the worst holding calls I've seen in a loooong time 

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is Jonnu Smith worth picking up in Fantasy now, or who will be the guy to replace his production?

I would pick up Jonnu Smith if you need a replacement. He is the superior receiver to Stocker. It could end up that Stocker takes over due to being a superior blocker, but if Stocker is the starter, you won't want him for fantasy anyways. Basically, Smith has a chance to boom in fantasy, but we know Stocker will not.

3 hours ago, renndawg37 said:
12 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Worst start to a season I can remember. Mariota injured and taken out, Lewan knocked out of the game, Walker out for the year, our 1st and 2nd round draft picks - Evans and Landry - still injured from the offseason and didn’t suit up. Not to mention the 60 yard TD run by Henry that got called back because of a ghost holding penalty in which the defender was actually the one who ripped Walkers face mask. Oh yeah, and it all lasted 7 hours. Just a brutal and bizarre game. Adoree and Woodyard were atleast able to make it back in from their injury scares.

Here’s the penalty I mentioned on Walker just so y’all don’t think I’m a bias homer spewing nonsense...it’s just a hard pill to swallow..

One of the worst holding calls I've seen in a loooong time 

Worst one I can remember since that BS one against the Seahawks back when Chris Johnson had his 2,000 yard season. The hold prevented him from setting the record.

49 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Worst one I can remember since that BS one against the Seahawks back when Chris Johnson had his 2,000 yard season. The hold prevented him from setting the record.

Yep I remember that too, wasn’t that Ed Hochuli’s crew? Think he admitted to it being a bad call a few years later or something.

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is Jonnu Smith worth picking up in Fantasy now, or who will be the guy to replace his production?

Jonnu is 100% the guy to pick up in fantasy if you have Delanie, not Luke Stocker. I'd be floored if Stocker's role changes much at all with Delanie out. He's there to block. 

4 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Kline wasn't holding either lol 

uh yes he most certainly was:

dRPfxST.png

Watching the clip, Kline clearly grabs Hayes after Hayes disengaged from Kline and uses his arm to pull Hayes away from Derrick Henry.

You can argue that the hold didn't matter (I agree Hayes wasn't going to make it to Henry anyway) and/or that this type of holding happens on every play to some extent but this is definitely a hold by definition:

(c) Use his hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions include but are not limited to:

(1) grabbing or tackling an opponent;
(2) hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
(3) pulling him to the ground.

31 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

uh yes he most certainly was:

dRPfxST.png

Watching the clip, Kline clearly grabs Hayes after Hayes disengaged from Kline and uses his arm to pull Hayes away from Derrick Henry.

You can argue that the hold didn't matter (I agree Hayes wasn't going to make it to Henry anyway) and/or that this type of holding happens on every play to some extent but this is definitely a hold by definition:

I think that’s all pretty irrelevant. It’s the fact that they called it on Delanie. It doesn’t matter who they may have meant to call it on, the fact that they called a hold on Delanie when he was the one who actually got fouled is what had us so pissed off. I’m not claiming it lost us the game - the 75 yard TD to Stills and the kickoff return for a TD did that - it just pours salt on the wound and makes you think what if. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think that’s all pretty irrelevant. It’s the fact that they called it on Delanie. It doesn’t matter who they may have meant to call it on, the fact that they called a hold on Delanie when he was the one who actually got fouled is what had us so pissed off. I’m not claiming it lost us the game - the 75 yard TD to Stills and the kickoff return for a TD did that - it just pours salt on the wound and makes you think what if. Oh well.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be angry - just that I think the call was supposed to be on Kline, not Delanie. Refs will usually call holding when they see the hand grab the jersey like that, whether it's actually a relevant hold or not.

Archived