Titans TE Delanie Walker dislocates ankle - likely out for season

pwny

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be angry - just that I think the call was supposed to be on Kline, not Delanie. Refs will usually call holding when they see the hand grab the jersey like that, whether it's actually a relevant hold or not.

Sure, but the fact of the matter is they called it on Delanie - the guy who had his face mask ripped down. It was just outrageous even if they did mean to call it on Kline is all I’m saying.

44 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Sure, but the fact of the matter is they called it on Delanie - the guy who had his face mask ripped down. It was just outrageous even if they did mean to call it on Kline is all I’m saying.

I mean there's two issues here:

1) The facemask on Delanie wasn't called. I agree with you on this, it should've been called.

2) The holding penalty was, in all likelihood, called on the wrong player. Unfortunately this seems to happen a lot in the NFL, for reasons I cannot fathom why.

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

How bad is Mariota injured?

he seems to be fine, was a full participant in practice today and will play sunday barring any setbacks. some kind of nerve/funny bone issue when he hit his elbow- he said he couldn’t feel his hand or grip the ball properly, which would explain the absolute ducks he threw when he tried to go back in afterward. if that’s cleared up as it seems to have, he should be fine.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:13 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean there's two issues here:

1) The facemask on Delanie wasn't called. I agree with you on this, it should've been called.

2) The holding penalty was, in all likelihood, called on the wrong player. Unfortunately this seems to happen a lot in the NFL, for reasons I cannot fathom why.

If they both would have been called correctly, it would have been off-setting penalties and a repeat of 1st and 10 ; instead it was 1st and 20. Either way the TD is wiped off the board.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This sucks, I’ve always been a fan of Delanie Walker, well there goes the Titans season. He’s the only receiver that Mariota trusts without him, that passing game is going to be anemic, maybe the worst in the NFL.

Week 1 brotha. As great as Delanie is, seasons don't hinge on Tight Ends. We have to see if Jonnu can step up in his absence and guys like Davis and Taywan will have to step up as well.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:07 AM, El ramster said:

How did you ruin it lol? 

Muddy field, came from the inside to tackle a a runningback on an outside run, RB cut inside and I adjusted the body to make the tackle. Unfortunately my foot was stuck in the mud, so the leg first twisted 90 degrees to one side, and then another 90 degrees when I went to the ground with the runningback. Basically, I was lying on my back and could see my leg point straight ahead and the cleats still firmly in the mud and my toes pointing straight to the right.

Stupid injury to sustain, looked grim though, made a teammate puke

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Week 1 brotha. As great as Delanie is, seasons don't hinge on Tight Ends. We have to see if Jonnu can step up in his absence and guys like Davis and Taywan will have to step up as well.

He’s the number one target by far for the Mariota. Mariota struggles to throw to WRs, especially outside the numbers and in the red zone with tighter windows.

Also, lot of ifs in your statement, “If was taller I’d be baller.” Skilo 

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s the number one target by far for the Mariota. Mariota struggles to throw to WRs, especially outside the numbers and in the red zone with tighter windows.

Also, lot of ifs in your statement, “If was taller I’d be baller.” Skilo 

I only said if once what you smokin? Besides the point, that may have been true in years past with Mularkeys over-obsession with tight ends, but if last weeks game was any indication Davis is going to be the number 1 target of whoever’s quarterbacking. 13 targets to Delanie’s 7. Also we’ve never had a threat out of the back field like Dion, so even though Delanie’s great, having a check down like Dion should soften the blow along with Davis being used a lot more in the slot. What we’re probably going to miss most is his blocking tbh. I’m fairly confident Jonnu/Davis/Lewis/Matthews can step up their games and fill in for his average of 5 receptions and 50 yards a game.

12 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I only said if once what you smokin? Besides the point, that may have been true in years past with Mularkeys over-obsession with tight ends, but if last weeks game was any indication Davis is going to be the number 1 target of whoever’s quarterbacking. 13 targets to Delanie’s 7. Also we’ve never had a threat out of the back field like Dion, so even though Delanie’s great, having a check down like Dion should soften the blow along with Davis being used a lot more in the slot. What we’re probably going to miss most is his blocking tbh. I’m fairly confident Jonnu/Davis/Lewis/Matthews can step up their games and fill in for his average of 5 receptions and 50 yards a game.

You said “If Jonu Smith can step up,” then you proceeded to say and guys like Davis and Taywan, I count 3 BIG IFs....

Walker was the number one target since Mariotta  was drafted, perhaps it’s changing to Davis now - especially with Walker out - we’ll have to see, regardless if he was or wasn’t, to act like it’s not a huge deal to lose Walker had his 60-90 receptions and handful of TDs or more a year doesn’t pass the smell test. Losing Walker is a big deal, you can’t sweep it under the rug because his back up has potential. The rest of the guys have nothing to do with Walker, they’d be targets with or without him playing.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Walker was the number one target since Mariotta  was drafted, perhaps it’s changing to Davis now - especially with Walker out - we’ll have to see, regardless if he was or wasn’t, to act like it’s not a huge deal to lose Walker had his 60-90 receptions and handful of TDs or more a year doesn’t pass the smell test. Losing Walker is a big deal, you can’t sweep it under the rug because his back up has potential. The res5 of the guys have nothing to do with Walker, they’d be targets with or without him playing.

The point was not to sweep it under the rug or claim for it not to be a big loss -which I’m not, obviously he’s one of the best in the game - but it’s to highlight the fact that we’re no longer in a scheme that’s overly dependent on Delanie. Davis is now being used more in the slot where he’s much more effective and Dion is an elite check down that Marcus has never had at his disposal. Therefore it lessens the blow a bit. We’ll feel the effect of the attention he would draw, his blocking and leadership all being gone, but the new scheme along with Dion and an improved and better utilized Davis will help bridge the gap.

10 hours ago, dtait93 said:

The point was not to sweep it under the rug or claim for it not to be a big loss -which I’m not, obviously he’s one of the best in the game - but it’s to highlight the fact that we’re no longer in a scheme that’s overly dependent on Delanie. Davis is now being used more in the slot where he’s much more effective and Dion is an elite check down that Marcus has never had at his disposal. Therefore it lessens the blow a bit. We’ll feel the effect of the attention he would draw, his blocking and leadership all being gone, but the new scheme along with Dion and an improved and better utilized Davis will help bridge the gap.

If your original response had been this, we wouldn’t have had a back and forth for a page on how he’s not a big loss because you have other guys but yeah, it wasn’t...

Archived