Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

We're gonna be all about positive vibes here.

Offensive line didn't allow a single QB hit today, even after losing Taylor Lewan, despite going against two really good edge rushers in Quinn and Wake. So JJ Watt? Never heard of her. Jadeveon Clowney? This ain't the circus.

Deshaun Watson threw an interception despite having feeling in his throwing hand. As a Titans/Marcus Mariota fan, I can't relate. 5.0 yards per attempt vs the team who had the 30th ranked pass D last year? The team that let Nick Foles, the same guy who just 3.4 ypa and a 50.7 rating vs the Falcons, win super bowl MVP and 8.7 ypa and a 106.1 passer rating? Can you say BUST?

Lost opening week? We only lost opening week cause we didn't want the Miami fans who stuck around for a 7 hour game to go home that much more depressed. Were there 4 hours worth of delays in New England? I don't think so.

Our pass defense picked off a 30 year old QB twice. Texans defense only managed 1 against a 41 year old QB. Looks like another advantage for the Titans.

They gave up 7 catches, 123 yards and a TD to Rob Gronkowski. Just wait til they meet Luke Stocker.

Their starting offensive line consists of Julie'n Davenport, Senio Kelemete, Nick Martin, Zack Fulton and now Martinas Rankin. I mean, there's not even a punch line here, I just feel bad for them.

Considering these and other factors, Titans run away with this one. 57-0.

10 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Deshaun Watson threw an interception despite having feeling in his throwing hand. As a Titans/Marcus Mariota fan, I can't relate.

So many beautiful lines in this post, but this legitimately got me to bust out laughing. Very well done, Sir.

I'm hoping for the best. Let's at least see some progress from the coaching staff after their abysmal debut, play calling, clock management, player usage, adjustments, everything has room for a lot of improvement really. And if Marcus wants to ball out a little, I'd be okay with that, too. My natural instinct as a Titans fan to expect the worst has already overcome the early season optimism but I'll be watching and supporting these losers regardless.

56 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

These vibes aren't very positive tbh

It's gonna be like this all week most likely.  People aren't going to feel confident about the game, simply because they don't have confidence in the team yet. Understandably and same time I don't understand.

Texans didn't look like world beaters yesterday.  Watson was very average to below average yesterday.  Texans don't have a particularly strong offensive line.  Their defense is still solid but not the type that can carry a team.

We need to make sure our run defense gets back strong like it did in the 2nd half and we sure up our pass defense technique. 
On the play Adore got beat on, it could have easily been a pick 6 if he played the outside technique. 
The play that Butler got burned on was a good play by the Dolphins, but listening to Blaine Bishop this morning, Butler could have played it better too. 

We didn't get embarrassed yesterday. We got beat. There is a difference.  I see no reason to think we can't beat or have a very competitive game with the Texans.  

If Watson is the reason you think we will lose by a wide margin, then I don't think there is enough evidence to support that claim, considering how he play this pre-season and yesterday.

I had the Titans losing this game before the Miami game.

Titans can certainly win this game I’m just not sure they will. 

If Will Fuller comes back please keep Butler off of him

Miller ran well yesterday vs NE so Titans will need to shut him down to have a chance.

If Evans and Landry come back I may start to change my tune for this game but it’s a very big game. 

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If Watson is the reason you think we will lose by a wide margin, then I don't think there is enough evidence to support that claim, considering how he play this pre-season and yesterday.

you've been a fan of this team long enough to know how many times we've been the perfect tune-up game for struggling players

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

you've been a fan of this team long enough to know how many times we've been the perfect tune-up game for struggling players

Lol, I reset my expectations every year.  
New staff...new expectations. 
I refuse to believe in the repetition of pass mistakes......until I see them.. :) 

I think Will Fuller's status is real important. CIan Fahey has a decent thread on Watson's performance yesterday. Sounds like the Patriots gameplan on defense mostly just consisted of giving Hopkins a straight double team on nearly every passing down and basically daring Watson to make the right read and an accurate throw to any of their secondary options, something he routinely failed to do.Not sure that works as well if Fuller is playing, but if he's out, I'd like to believe that's something we'd pick up on.

This is arguably the easiest of a tough 3-game stretch... then they get the Bills, then a 4 game stretch with LAC, Bal, Dal, and NE. (<-- all probably in playoff conversation). So it's a pretty tough first 8 of 9 games honestly. 

The schedule is definitely loaded with tougher games toward the front and gets easier down the stretch with the Colts twice, NYJ, Washington, NYG, Jags at home at least. This is a good reason to keep a slightly positive attitude in regards to yesterday. Miami isn't even a bad team, will probably be in Wildcard contention along with LAC, KC, Hou/Jax,  and Baltimore. 

Remember 2017, we started out 1-3 and turned things around to make the playoffs and win a playoff game. Unfortunately, I could see us starting out 1-3 again, but I'm not going to make my mind up about this team and season too early seeing the way the schedule is laid out.

Archived