Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

On 9/11/2018 at 11:46 AM, imDelusional said:

We didn't start 1-3 last year. You might be thinking of 2016, we started 1-3 and finished 9-7 but no playoffs after that Christmas eve disaster against the Jags where Mariota's leg snapped. 

Ok but we did start 2-3 last year. Point is I think the fanbase has overreacted a bit with a team that has had a tendency to pull things together later in the year.

RUN D will be huge next while I agree pressure up the gut can be important if we do than we better have our edge guys keep their lanes and contain while Watson could do wome damage up the guy he will absolutely destroy us if he is allowed to run free on the edges.    AND no big plays 

On O we have to have a ball control offense MOVE the chains limit the three and outs. 

Random thoughts....

I don't think we resign Henry when his contract is up.

I like the man, one of my favorite players, but I'm not 100% sure about him.

Sitting here watching the Ravens/Bengals and seeing how hard Alex Collins runs, and the difference between he and the 250 lb Henry, and I can't help but think Henry is too much of a niche player. A 250 lb speed back that doesn't run with the low gear you want a big back to have during contact.

I think he plays out his contract and gets more money somewhere else.

57 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao?????? what on earth?????

Yeah if Marcus can play why on earth would both play?

I really hope this is some kind of outlandish decoy tactic by Vrabel. If we actually play both QBs for any reason other than Marcus suffers another injury vs Houston, Vrabel will register as certifiably retarded.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

lmao?????? what on earth?????

Okay, I have a few theories.

1) Mariota's hand/wrist/elbow is worse than we know and Vrabel is trying to make the Texans confused before Gabbert plays virtually the entire game with MAYBE some Mariota on gadget plays where he is nothing more than a decoy. 

2) Coaching staff doesn't believe in Mariota, this is their way of trying to prove Gabbert is the better option to JRob so that he will be on board with a permanent change.

3) Mariota asked Vrabel to do this so that he can experience what it's like and be able to give Tua better advice on how to handle it. 

I have to believe that first option is the most likely (second one is too depressing, I'm not ready to go back in QB purgatory), but my only real problem with that is if Mariota's injury is that bad, wouldn't we have to promote Woodside to the 53 man roster in the event Gabbert goes down? 

Both QBs playing looks like a smoke screen just like I think they are doing with Davis too.  Jrob and Vrabel seem up to some Pats games like when Brady was on the injury report with his cut hand and they kept saying he might not play when everyone knew he would.  If #8 can go he needs to play the whole game, if he can’t play he needs to be on the sideline pulling for the team getting healthy and ready for the next week.  

I really hope he is good to go since I’m in Nashville for the game.  It would really suck to come all the way out for the opening home game to watch a back up QB, no starting tackles, and no Walker.  I never thought we would be where we are now with injuries in week 2 when I got these tickets 3 months ago.  

Archived