Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

3 hours ago, imDelusional said:

2) Coaching staff doesn't believe in Mariota, this is their way of trying to prove Gabbert is the better option to JRob so that he will be on board with a permanent change.

This would be something that would honestly make me consider switching fandoms. Become a Lions fan. If I'm going to be this miserable and root for an organization that inept, it might as well be one where I can make a relatively short drive and see them play a few times a year.

37 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This would be something that would honestly make me consider switching fandoms. Become a Lions fan. If I'm going to be this miserable and root for an organization that inept, it might as well be one where I can make a relatively short drive and see them play a few times a year.

But then your Packers friends get to make fun of you twice every year. 

So turns out Marcus is gonna be just fine and might even be fully healthy Sunday? I don't even know anymore:

Mariota, it appears suffered a temporary ulnar nerve issue that is more like a "stinger" and transient in nature. If he had not regained feeling and function in his hand, he would be listed as “out” rather than the “questionable” that he is designated.

Vrabel said Mariota may split snaps with Blaine Gabbert on Sunday. If Mariota had a true (more permanent) ulnar nerve issue, he would not even get half the snaps. He would be unable to play quarterback.

Although video of the injury was limited, I expect Mariota to regain full nerve function soon, if he has not already. In fact, it would not be surprising to see a fully healthy Mariota on Sunday.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-marcus-mariota-0914-story.html

i mean, that's just a random doctor/trainer/whatever on the internet with no knowledge of the actual specifics of the situation, right? i can't think of any conceivable reason they'd limit mariota in practice the way they have if they were confident about his ability to play at 100% on sunday. he's not exactly in a place with this offense where he can afford to skip out on practice reps.

having said that, they've made no move yet to elevate woodside from the PS or sign another QB, so i don't know. this whole situation is just bizarre.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, that's just a random doctor/trainer/whatever on the internet with no knowledge of the actual specifics of the situation, right? i can't think of any conceivable reason they'd limit mariota in practice the way they have if they were confident about his ability to play at 100% on sunday. he's not exactly in a place with this offense where he can afford to skip out on practice reps.

having said that, they've made no move yet to elevate woodside from the PS or sign another QB, so i don't know. this whole situation is just bizarre.

Chao has a really good track record with watching plays and giving opinions. Obviously it's not perfect, but he was a head doctor in the NFL for nearly 20 years. With that said, yeah, I have no idea what is actually happening.

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

That's the biggest thing to me. If Mariota has feeling issues in his hand, you don't want him playing, so you elevate Woodside or sign someone and let Mariota sit til it's fixed.

If Marcus is healthy enough to even be the #2 QB, he's healthy enough to start. Cause if he's the #2 QB, he's a single play away from playing, and we've all watched enough football to see how many QBs get hurt on a week to week basis, even on just routine plays.

Hell Mariota's injury itself was some fluke BS. How many times you think he's been hit and had his arm hit something on the way down without this injury happening? What kinda Jake Locker-level of injury luck does that require?

There's two outcomes here.

Vrabel is a gigantic idiot who is going to have a QB who is lacking feeling in his throwing hand play in the game or be the #2 and be a snap away from playing, or he's doing some weird gamesmanship to try and get an edge. I don't really care about the practice thing so much, Marcus has played enough games in this league to not need practice.

If it's option #1, we're in deep **** as a franchise. Because not only would our HC be the biggest idiot in the NFL, our GM who seems to be really good at drafting all the sudden has picking this gigantic idiot as HC on his resume to and at that point do you even trust him to pick another if Vrabel is really that stupid.

If Vrabel does go with option #1, I want him fired before the game even starts. Give the job to LaFleur and see what happens, Pees can take over running the defense by himself.

But I just can't find it in me to believe Vrabel is that stupid.

Right. The notion that an unhealthy Mariota would even dress or that a healthy Mariota would split snaps with Gabbert is so stupid that it either has to be this giant media mind**** or we need to fire our coach. 

I'm not going to jump to conclusions until we see what happens, but I really want to think Vrabel isn't as stupid as he's making himself sound.

it's tough to believe vrabel would be that stupid, but i also cannot for the life of me imagine what kind of possible advantage he thinks he's getting out of this kind of "gamesmanship" or whatever the hell. that's what makes this so weird- neither option makes any kind of sense, and he comes off looking like a dingus either way. really the best i can hope for is that he slipped up and meant to say that both QBs would be ready to play, but that's pretty explicitly not what he actually said.

If I’m Houston I would just gameplan for Marcus. You don’t even need to gameplan for Gabbert. If Vrabel is trying to play mind games he’s just playing them against himself...again (preseason injuries)...and this won’t give him even a slight advantage  either. Idk how to even comprehend his quote it’s just mind bogglingly stupid.

12 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Jokes gonna be on them when they only win superbowl with a literally perfect QB.

Not sure even we could screw that up that bad.

We could definitely screw up that bad. We had Randy Moss and couldn’t figure out a way to play him with Kenny freaking Britt,

Archived