Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The backups put in some work.  Smith with a good block too.

Honestly Smith damn near misses his man. Lowers his head and can't even see who he's trying to block. He got it done, but I'd like to see him work on this blocking because he has the physical traits. Effort is there 100% though. 

If he doesn't make massive improvements he may be relegated to an H-Back role in the NFL.

I’m so happy I got tickets to this game and was there for all of it.  It really did have a different feel from the get go then a normal Titans game. Super happy with the defense stepping up big time with the limited offense we all knew we would get.   The fake punt was was nuts in person the whole stadium went crazy.   I got to get a couple of the players to sign a ball for me before the game.  Brett Kern, Kevin Byard, Jayon Brown, Kevin Pamphile, Jack Conklin, Jonnu Smith, Luke Stocker, and Bennie Logan.   Missed more because they only signed like 5 and left Brian Orakpo, Jurrel Casey, Wesley Woodyard, Malcolm Butler, Ryan Succop, and Marcus Mariota.  Then got to see others that wouldn’t sign or said they would after the game DaQuan Jones, Corey Davis, Ben Jones, Harold Landry, Rashaan Evans, Kamalei Correa, Will Compton, Deon Lewis, Logan Ryan, Kenny Vaccaro, Tajae Sharp, and Taywan Taylor.  I missed all the rest after I had to leave to pick up my wife for the game.  It was an awesome time and I would recommend to anyone if you can catch a season opener to do so.  Very awesome game.  

23 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

That was my first thought as well about just batting the ball down, but he actually saved the down, allowing us to run more clock which was critical at that point in the game. 

I see.  I have to think the NFL will change that to a loss of down penalty now.  And forgive me if I don't believe all those possibilities were swirling around in Blaine's head as that batted ball fluttered back to him.

15 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I see.  I have to think the NFL will change that to a loss of down penalty now.  And forgive me if I don't believe all those possibilities were swirling around in Blaine's head as that batted ball fluttered back to him.

Blaine said the same situation happened to him when he was in Jacksonville so he could have actually known what to do

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Blaine said the same situation happened to him when he was in Jacksonville so he could have actually known what to do

Not trying to argue, and I'll buy that he remembered at the last minute an illegal forward pass was not a loss of down.  I just can't believe as the ball is batted back at him he thinks, "I'll catch this and then make another forward pass to save the down."  Can't give him that much credit.  He has that crazy look of "I can run for a first down!" when he first catches it.  That was idiotic.

And I hate focusing on the negatives.  We played our tails off and Blaine avoided the catastrophic mistakes that would have lost us the game.  Really a gritty, tough win there without Mariota and our three best tackles.

55 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Not trying to argue, and I'll buy that he remembered at the last minute an illegal forward pass was not a loss of down.  I just can't believe as the ball is batted back at him he thinks, "I'll catch this and then make another forward pass to save the down."  Can't give him that much credit.  He has that crazy look of "I can run for a first down!" when he first catches it.  That was idiotic.

And I hate focusing on the negatives.  We played our tails off and Blaine avoided the catastrophic mistakes that would have lost us the game.  Really a gritty, tough win there without Mariota and our three best tackles.

Not trying to argue either just point out what he said ?

Who knows what he thought I do agree he first thought let me run this but said F it just chuck it away 

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Given that we probably only thrown about 40 passes, I guess it's ok. I can't even remember a lot of drops outside of Taylor's endzone drop. 

Of our 60 passing attempts, 25 have been incomplete. So if we have a 6.8% drop rate that's how many drops lol? Idk, whatever it is it's not a lot and seems like a non-issue to me as well.

30 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Of our 60 passing attempts, 25 have been incomplete. So if we have a 6.8% drop rate that's how many drops lol? Idk, whatever it is it's not a lot and seems like a non-issue to me as well.

PFF says we have 4 drops on the year, but doesn't credit Tajae with a drop despite his drop yesterday..though maybe PFF looks at that as a pass breakup rather than a drop? I dunno.

Archived