Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Clay Matthews: "I mean, I don't know even know where to start to be completely honest with you. I have so many emotions running through as far as just what a terrible call it was. But at the same time, I don't know what else to do. I mean, I don't know. You let me know. Tell me: Did I put pressure on him? I thought I hit him within his waist, his chest. I got my head across, put my hands down. To call it at that point of the game is just unbelievable. Last week, OK, shame on me. But this week, that's unbelievable. The worst part is we'll probably send it in and you know what they'll say? They're gonna say, you know they'll find fault on me because they're going to agree with the refs. So I don't know. It's just a difficult call to call. You see how it changed the game, and I know there's an emphasis on protecting quarterbacks, but it's gotten out of control here. I don't know what else to do."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963088/article/clay-matthews-miffed-over-crucial-roughing-penalty

I feel for the guy.

He makes a football play that turns into a game sealing INT and it's all for naught.

But once again, your QB breaking his collar bone and the following drama after said break is the reason for all of this.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Clay Matthews: "I mean, I don't know even know where to start to be completely honest with you. I have so many emotions running through as far as just what a terrible call it was. But at the same time, I don't know what else to do. I mean, I don't know. You let me know. Tell me: Did I put pressure on him? I thought I hit him within his waist, his chest. I got my head across, put my hands down. To call it at that point of the game is just unbelievable. Last week, OK, shame on me. But this week, that's unbelievable. The worst part is we'll probably send it in and you know what they'll say? They're gonna say, you know they'll find fault on me because they're going to agree with the refs. So I don't know. It's just a difficult call to call. You see how it changed the game, and I know there's an emphasis on protecting quarterbacks, but it's gotten out of control here. I don't know what else to do."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963088/article/clay-matthews-miffed-over-crucial-roughing-penalty

Packers should start a petition to get rid of the Rodgers rule

21 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The Bares and Vikings are suffering from bruised ego's. Both expected to dominate the Packers, both left disappointed.

Rodgers walked away from a tie due to missed field goals and a blocked punt. Also a Flemish interception that wouldn’t of come close to happening if 19 or 14 were the ones receiving the rock. The fact that you NEEDED all of that just to come away with a tie speaks volumes at lambeu. By the next time we see you, it will be in Minnesota and the kicker will be able to hit field goals from 20+ yards. 

Stop replying to st vince ffs :D

Feel tough for Carlson but Zimmer doesn't care, he should probably be out of a job tomorrow.  Whoever was the genius behind using draft capital on him should be worried too.

Treadwell; not sure what to think. One of those drops was way behind him.  It feels like they should have given him the opportunity to fail before his 3rd year. I think he'll get another couple of shots, up to him to earn his place. No sympathy if he doesn't from here on out.

Kirk seemed pretty good when we weren't being too conservative with playcalling.

We cannot call ourselves the best D in football this season. Miles away from being at our best.

Absolute LOL's at anybody calling for Josh Gordon. Take a good look at yourself please.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Illiteracy aside, no, I didn't expect to. We have a young QB and a new system, and a ton of guys learning their roles. The fact GB barely won on -7.5 underdogs is pretty laughable actually, especially considering Mack and Smith both had their snaps heavily cut down.

In the GB forum there was plenty of doom and gloom though until the comeback. Forget about that? Of course you did.

You can stroke it to your own posts as much as you want, it is still all nonsense. One could easily say GB expected to smash both teams and completely failed to do so.

Two HOF top 10 QBs all time - and they have as many Super Bowl wins combined as Eli Manning. That is YOUR team's recent history. And it isn't likely to change this year either. Thanks for coming out.

Your team tanked for 8 years you should have talent by now. You keep saying we had two hall of fame QB's but as I remember you passed on Rodgers for Benson. Don't be angry because our GM's had the foresight to trade for and draft them. Remember 23 teams passed on Rodgers don't blame us. None of our "Hall of Fame QB's"  were top 5 picks. Stop making excuses, you blew a 20 point lead, your pass rush got shut down the 2nd half plain and simple.  By the way our SB window is still open and I'd rather have 4 than none, I bet you weren't even born in 85. The moral of the story you can't beat an healthy Rodgers, even with a top 5 defense.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Your team tanked for 8 years you should have talent by now. You keep saying we had two hall of fame QB's but as I remember you passed on Rodgers for Benson. Don't be angry because our GM's had the foresight to trade for and draft them. Remember 23 teams passed on Rodgers don't blame us. None of our "Hall of Fame QB's"  were top 5 picks. Stop making excuses, you blew a 20 point lead, your pass rush got shut down the 2nd half plain and simple.  By the way our SB window is still open and I'd rather have 4 than none, I bet you weren't even born in 85. The moral of the story you can't beat an healthy Rodgers, even with a top 5 defense.

Go to the Bears forum to talk about this. We get it. You think your team is the best and all other teams are just lucky when they win.

22 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Run game looks bad. Blocking has been suspect but Cook just doesn't look the same. He looks great as a receiver though. I'm just concerned, especially if Murray is our best runner at this point (because maybe he is?)

Well you're going to have a drop off when you go from Elflein, Berger, Remmers to random guy, Remmers, backup.  I am hopeful though because Elflein should be back soon and O'neil is actually a good run blocker.

1 minute ago, Freakout said:

Well you're going to have a drop off when you go from Elflein, Berger, Remmers to random guy, Remmers, backup.  I am hopeful though because Elflein should be back soon and O'neil is actually a good run blocker.

You're right on Elflein, he will help. I hope O'Neil makes the best of this opportunity to play. Hate to see it happen because of injury though. 

Cant believe how this game ended. I was telling myself there's no way he's going to miss this one, he nails all his XP's at about the same range. Oh well, better now then in the playoffs. 

One really positive today is Kirk Cousins. We finally have our QB. Maybe not a kicker, but we have our QB. 

Min please sign Dan Bailey (if healthy)

14 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Cant believe how this game ended. I was telling myself there's no way he's going to miss this one, he nails all his XP's at about the same range. Oh well, better now then in the playoffs. 

One really positive today is Kirk Cousins. We finally have our QB. Maybe not a kicker, but we have our QB. 

Min please sign Dan Bailey (if healthy)

Yes better now than then. 

We aren't winning anything though with this kicker. He has no ice in his veins. The moment is too big for him.

I hate saying that, but its different for kickers. One can get a feel for them pretty quickly and Carlson just doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL kicker. 

Plus I'm so sick of Vikings Kickers costing us games.

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Honestly, that call on Mathews was absolutely terrible. They have a case. 

However, the Packers got a ton of favorable calls prior to that.

Those zebras were bad for BOTH teams.  Some of the calls were almost funny if you weren't a fan of either team.  I thought that was PI on the pass to Jimmy Graham,  I didn't think D. Adams should have been called for OPI.   I was shocked Zimmer didn't challenge that play where Allison catches the ball on one knee is touched but gets up and runs for another 5/6 yards.  On another play our RT moved but they flagged your guy for reacting.  Those clowns shouldn't be calling NFL games.

Archived