Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

I'll be there!

Hope to see zero pass plays where the RB is running a one yard route straight to the sidelines.... Ever again. I was not impressed with the play calling, so I hope to see something different this week. The defense can't leave guys that open against Rodgers.....Garrapolo was meh. Aaron won't be. 

20 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

It's a good thing, I think, to be playing at Lambeau in September, rather than in December/January.

That was my first takeaway back when the schedule released. Not only that, but an afternoon game too. 

First September trip to Lambeau since 2008.
First September daytime trip to Lambeau since 2003.

9 minutes ago, Klomp said:

That was my first takeaway back when the schedule released. Not only that, but an afternoon game too. 

First September trip to Lambeau since 2008.
First September daytime trip to Lambeau since 2003.

Not necessarily good news -- Packers are on an 11 game September home game win streak dating back to 2012.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Because they haven't faced us.....

And the only teams they've faced of any real stature in that time were Seattle and Kansas City (and San Francisco, which was their last loss...in SF's Super Bowl season).  Otherwise, there's a bunch of middling teams like Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati and the Jets.  

1 hour ago, Krauser said:

Not necessarily good news -- Packers are on an 11 game September home game win streak dating back to 2012.

Streaks are meant to be broken. I have a hunch this will come down to coaching. McCarthy is going to have to adjust to Aaron being gimpy which im not sure his stubborness will allow. Aaron loves his deep shots too, Think we'll have some nice chances to force turnovers (fumbles mainly) I hope im right.

2 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

Streaks are meant to be broken. I have a hunch this will come down to coaching. McCarthy is going to have to adjust to Aaron being gimpy which im not sure his stubborness will allow. Aaron loves his deep shots too, Think we'll have some nice chances to force turnovers if im right.

Hopefully, it'll be a competitive game either way.  I don't like the non-competitive games like we've had over the years (both ways)...although it was nice to be on the winning side of it last year.  

7 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

Streaks are meant to be broken. I have a hunch this will come down to coaching. McCarthy is going to have to adjust to Aaron being gimpy which im not sure his stubborness will allow. Aaron loves his deep shots too, Think we'll have some nice chances to force turnovers (fumbles mainly) I hope im right.

Saw someone bring up that the last time Rodgers was gimpy and had to stay in the pocket was 2016, when he won MVP.

I just wonder, if his injuries begin to accumulate (he's already suffered season-ending injuries in 2 of the last 5 years), what kind of impact will that have on him as he ages. Who knows then whether he'll play beyond this contract that he just signed.  It's just pure speculation... 

If I'm McCarthy, I'm torn what to do with Rodgers.

Do you sit your star QB with (apparent) limited mobility against the leagues top defense that can get after the quarterback and hope Kizer can pull it off to try and protect Rodgers for the other 14 games. Does a week off help Rodgers get closer to 100% for the rest of the season?

Or do you play him (if he can't hurt it any further) because it's a divisional game at home against a big rival with a chance of going 2-0 and getting a game up on the Vikes? Rodgers at 50% is 100x better than Kizer at 100% but you risk the knee injury being a lingering problem....

Archived