Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

By all that is sacred about football...the Vikings should beat the Packers by 10 to 14 points.  With the exception of starting Quarterback the Vikings have equal or superior talent at most other positions on the field.  Yet, if Rodgers plays on one leg, or no legs...or he plays the game blindfolded, this game will be frustratingly close.  He's like Rasputin...you can poison him, stab him, shoot him, tie him up and toss him in a freezing river...he just won't "die"...metaphorically speaking!

Vikingsrule

"I can't imagine that Rodgers will be very mobile. We'll need a big game from Sheldon Richardson, we need him to set the tone along the interior and fluster Rodgers. But we can't have Richardson driving his weight into QBs and picking up penalties. Or maybe that's okay for just this week."

Ironic, because if they had not implemented the new Aaron Rodgers Dainty Doll rule, the Chicago Bear player would have simply landed flat on top of Rodgers and probably no injury.  Instead he tried to roll to the side to avoid a penalty and ended up rolling over Aaron's knee.  I'm sure there will be an emergency NFL meeting this week with a revised rule and Goodell will set up Aaron Diaphanous Rodgers with a flag football belt (hopefully the triple flag style).

Vikes_Bolts1228

"I'm not the least bit worried about the Packers' running game so I'd certainly like to see Sheldon sell out for getting to Rodgers."

That's what we always say, but we end up getting burned by their run game at the worst possible time.

JDBrocks

Is anyone else concerned that this game might be over-refereed given what happened last year? Especially now that Rodgers isn't 100%

VikeManDan

I don't think so. As long as they call things consistent and both ways, that's all we can ask.

[snicker...]

Swede700

I just wonder, if his injuries begin to accumulate (he's already suffered season-ending injuries in 2 of the last 5 years), what kind of impact will that have on him as he ages. Who knows then whether he'll play beyond this contract that he just signed.  It's just pure speculation... 

Glad they locked him in with a 6 year contract and 103 million guaranteed.  At this rate, he'll be lucky if he plays another 3 years.  But I hope he plays all 6 and ties up a bunch of salary cap.

Marshpit23

With Rodgers at 50% and Keizer at 75%, Keizer would be ~125 x worse...i think, maybe ? 

Waiting for Krauser's three page response, taking into consideration the third reciprocal deviation with quaternion factorial vectors of former Cleveland quarterbacks wearing a number 9 jersey.

Vikestyle

I would assume he's dealing with a "grade 1" MCL sprain, which will be sore and swollen but wouldn't necessarily mean he misses next game.

Interesting.  The Daily Norseman was speculating the same thing.  Mild MCL sprain.

Virginia Viking

He's like Rasputin...you can poison him, stab him, shoot him, tie him up and toss him in a freezing river...he just won't "die"

Comment of the season.  :D

I think one of the major factors will be Kyle Rudolph and Dalvin Cook as a pass catchers. The Packers had trouble against the Bears covering Cohen. Cook is a dynamic player who could really give us fits. Packers run defense wasn't as stout as I anticipated either. 

On the other side, Williams and Graham will need to be much better than last week for Green Bay to have a chance. Williams averaging 3ypc won't get it done. 

Surprised this is a noon game. Would've thought it deserved a 3:25 slot from Fox.

Does the injury change the way you rush Aaron Rodgers? Film analysts talk about how the Vikings are one of the few teams in the NFL capable of rushing Rodgers, since he's so mobile. But with his mobility hampered, that may open the door to more "traditional" pass rushing styles.

If I was a betting man, Zimmer is prepping for Rodgers as if he's 100% healthy, and they'll be ready to mush rush if they need to. But if Rodgers is hobbled, we may see Griffen or Hunter go off.

1 hour ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Surprised this is a noon game. Would've thought it deserved a 3:25 slot from Fox.

I'm actually glad it's not. Feels like every game in the series lately has been primetime or at least the late slot. I know that's not reality, but not far off.

The last year we didn't have a primetime/holiday game in the season series was 2012. (BTW the last time we had two noon games was 2007)

Rodgers still scares me and should scare everyone.

Buuuuuut....not much else with the Packers impressed me Sunday night. They looked like the same team that's 100% reliant on #12 to win them games.

If this Vikings team is what we think it is or what it's designed to be, this needs to be a "W." I'm sick of being fine splitting the season series with Green Bay. I fully believe we're a much better team and should win this game.

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I'm sick of being fine splitting the season series with Green Bay. I fully believe we're a much better team and should win this game.

Last four times we've swept the season series: 2017, 2009, 2005, 1998

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Rodgers still scares me and should scare everyone.

Buuuuuut....not much else with the Packers impressed me Sunday night. They looked like the same team that's 100% reliant on #12 to win them games.

If this Vikings team is what we think it is or what it's designed to be, this needs to be a "W." I'm sick of being fine splitting the season series with Green Bay. I fully believe we're a much better team and should win this game.

Agreed. The talent disparity between Green Bay and Minnesota, outside of QB, has become alarming. OL is the only spot GB has a distinct advantage over us, TE possibly too, but even then, their OL is forced to play against our front 7.

Green Bay looked like a bottom ten team last week until Rodgers came back.

if Kizer starts, it will be a real struggle for GB. 

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Agreed. The talent disparity between Green Bay and Minnesota, outside of QB, has become alarming. OL is the only spot GB has a distinct advantage over us, TE possibly too, but even then, their OL is forced to play against our front 7.

Green Bay looked like a bottom ten team last week until Rodgers came back.

if Kizer starts, it will be a real struggle for GB. 

Is there any real doubt Rodgers plays? I have to imagine GB will load up painkillers if they have too, not to mention Aarons disdain for the Vikings is well known

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Again 

I like Burkhardt, but Davis was tough to listen to last weekend. 

Davis is always tough to listen to.  He seems like a nice guy, but he's not the greatest analyst in the world.  He's pretty mediocre at it.  

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Davis is always tough to listen to.  He seems like a nice guy, but he's not the greatest analyst in the world.  He's pretty mediocre at it.  

It was amazing how many times he was adamantly trying to drive a point home, and he was completely wrong. 

Archived