Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

35 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

If I'm McCarthy, I'm torn what to do with Rodgers.

Do you sit your star QB with (apparent) limited mobility against the leagues top defense that can get after the quarterback and hope Kizer can pull it off to try and protect Rodgers for the other 14 games. Does a week off help Rodgers get closer to 100% for the rest of the season?

Or do you play him (if he can't hurt it any further) because it's a divisional game at home against a big rival with a chance of going 2-0 and getting a game up on the Vikes? Rodgers at 50% is 100x better than Kizer at 100% but you risk the knee injury being a lingering problem....

I don't think there's any question.  If he can play at all, you play him.  There is no being "torn" from me.  

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Maybe it's a Sam Bradford type thing. Not a tear or anything structural, but swelling/discomfort that makes it painful but not impossible to play on?

I don’t know if I buy that explanation (from the Vikings/Bradford) either.

15 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

"Can't hurt it anymore"? so complete ACL tear, or was that comment total BS?

Exactly. I would assume that's a misquote. It didn't look like a traditional ACL tear mechanism. Seeing the hit I would be concerned about MCL or potential broken tibia, but they obviously ruled out a break and there was no obvious deformity. I would assume he's dealing with a "grade 1" MCL sprain, which will be sore and swollen but wouldn't necessarily mean he misses next game. If it was above a grade 1, then he shouldn't have gone back in the game as then you are opening yourself up to damaging the ACL because the knee is already unstable. If it is just a grade 1 MCL, I think we see Rodgers, albeit a less mobile version, on Sunday.

The only way the "can't hurt it anymore" statement would make sense is if it's ACL.

Archived