Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

I expect to see a gameplan that the Packers were successful in the second half against the Bears - quick passes to negate the pass rush.  What we need to do is make sure none of his receivers are open on those short passes and give our pass rushers time to get home.  

Does anyone know Trae Waynes' status?  I sure hope he is ready for this game.  Even though Mike Hughes did a good job last week, he is still a rookie and Rodgers is certainly capable of capitalizing on his inexperience.  Waynes is excellent in coverage, and just as important, he is a great tackler, so he can drop the receivers immediately on those short passes and prevent a lot of YAC.

As for the poll, I went with "Other".  I'm going with a dark horse pick and predicting that Laquon Treadwell finally has his coming out party while feasting on the inexperienced Green Bay corners.  It probably won't happen, but a guy can hope.  :)

23 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

If I'm McCarthy, I'm torn what to do with Rodgers.

Do you sit your star QB with (apparent) limited mobility against the leagues top defense that can get after the quarterback and hope Kizer can pull it off to try and protect Rodgers for the other 14 games. Does a week off help Rodgers get closer to 100% for the rest of the season?

Or do you play him (if he can't hurt it any further) because it's a divisional game at home against a big rival with a chance of going 2-0 and getting a game up on the Vikes? Rodgers at 50% is 100x better than Kizer at 100% but you risk the knee injury being a lingering problem....

You have to hope for the best and play him.  With Kizer at the helm, the Vikings could probably beat the Packers with their second string defense.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As for the poll, I went with "Other".  I'm going with a dark horse pick and predicting that Laquon Treadwell finally has his coming out party while feasting on the inexperienced Green Bay corners.  It probably won't happen, but a guy can hope.  :)

With the attention that Diggs and Thielen will command we'll need guys like Treadwell to step up and capitalize. It was nice to see Cousins look his way a few times last Sunday, I'm pulling for him. I'm hoping Rudy can get a few more looks and it was nice to see Cook active out of the backfield.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You have to hope for the best and play him.  With Kizer at the helm, the Vikings could probably beat the Packers with their second string defense.

I disagree. He may not hurt the knee any worse for that particular injury, but his limited mobility could lead him to getting injured in another way. Or maybe he can hurt it worse, which you don't want. 

In the grand scheme of things, Rodgers at 100% for 14 games (or 13 or 12) is more important than the one game. Unless he is basically 100% on Sunday, I don't think they should take the chance. But I won't complain if they do...

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I know he didn't do much last week but we'll need to do a better job against Graham than we did on Kittle defensively.

How did Wilkerson look in his Packer debut?

Significantly better than he did in preseason. Playing next to Clark and MD is making it easier for him. We did see a lot more rotation with Daniels being used as a pass rusher, and he was pushing the pocket often.

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I know he didn't do much last week but we'll need to do a better job against Graham than we did on Kittle defensively.

How did Wilkerson look in his Packer debut?

I definitely noticed him getting some push in the pocket and he had at least one blatantly late hit on Trubisky.

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

At this point in careers Kittle is a bigger threat than Graham against this defense. Far more athletic. Don’t get me wrong Graham still worries me in the red zone against any of our LB’s.

half the problem with Kittle and KJ last weekend was how we prepared for it. It’s basically like us this year if we can beat someone with a nice play from CJ Ham and David Morgon. 

According to Vegas Insider, the line was initially listed as a "pick 'em" game between the two hated rivals, but that it has now shifted to the Packers being a one-point favorite heading into the showdown. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Vikings-vs-Packers-odds-released-for-Week-2-121715822/

a 1 point favorite AT Lambeau...

Archived